Gathering

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

kimall

Gathering

#1 Post by kimall » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:45 pm

OK so I am organizing a trad get together at a bowhunting property near Tenterfield.
It is just a chance for like minded people that are into trad bows or just have an interest and want to try to catch up.
There will be some fun and games and a swap and sell table.
Not sure on dates yet but thinking before it gets too hot and it is a pay to hunt property so will need to fit in with
bookings he has free. If not hunting you dont need insurance but if hunting you need to be in an organization that covers you.
Lots to finalize yet but just testing the waters to see if there is any interest.
Cheers KIM

Gringa Bows

Re: Gathering

#2 Post by Gringa Bows » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:47 am

Good idea mate

perry

#3 Post by perry » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:16 am

I'd be keen depending on the Daily Rate for a non Hunter. Buggered my Back and cant shoot a Bow any longer. I could be the Fox Caller I guess ?

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

kimall

#4 Post by kimall » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:21 pm

Be great to catch up with you two. You would both have so much to offer newer guys about bow making and hunting in general.
Perry I think it was about 35 a night for non hunters a few weeks ago when I was down there. It is Jackles Hide near Tenterfield
but open to other ideas on location.
Cheers KIM

perry

#5 Post by perry » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:41 pm

this is just down the Road from where I Hunt at Mingoola and the day rates are very reasonable. Assuming this comes off and I am not booked elsewhere on this weekend, I'm in.

http://jackalshide.com/bookings.html

I'll show you how to prepare and cook Carp so it's absolutely delicious.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

kimall

#6 Post by kimall » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:05 pm

Thats awesome Perry I really think there needs to be more get together s with no competitions.
Dont you cook carp with a tire and when the tire is ready throw the carp away and eat the tire..... :lol:
Cheers KIM

Outbackdad
Site Admin

#7 Post by Outbackdad » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:32 pm

I will see what week end it is.

Eddie Camping6

perry

#8 Post by perry » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Righto, I'll bite :biggrin: Camping7 Carp can be as good or better eating than Barra :Bow

- Charles Darwin

gazza

#9 Post by gazza » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:28 pm

sounds good to me all depends on the time gazza.
The older i get the better i was