The Victorian trad shoot calendar

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Mick Smith

The Victorian trad shoot calendar

#1 Post by Mick Smith » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:45 pm

I don't know if it's me and just in my mind, but it seems to me our trad shoot calendar is somehow falling down. I know the calendar as set up by Steve Georgiou is up and working okay, but there's not a single Victorian shoot listed.

It makes it very hard for individual clubs to make arrangements, ie club shoot days, etc, when we don't know the dates of the major forthcoming trad shoots.

There's another indoor shoot at Point Cook sometime soon (to be announced very soon).

We have the Dunolly Trad shoot coming up sometime around August.

We have the Lilydale Trad shoot sometime in September.

No doubt Ballarat will host their trad event again this year in November.

The Black Griffins will once again hold our clout event later in the year (November?)

Are there any more?

Let's all get back into the habit of posting the dates for our trad shoots in plenty of time on the calendar. I believe it will make life much easier and it will assist with the total numbers of attendees at shoots as well. Come on club secretaries, please do us all a favour and post the dates.

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Trad Bound

Re: The Victorian trad shoot calendar

#2 Post by Trad Bound » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:21 pm

Fair comments Mick
Lilydale Trad Shoot 11/12 September. I would list it on the Calender but i don't know how. A baby boomer whose Gen Xers are not here to help him. where are your children when you want them :shock:

Mick Smith

#3 Post by Mick Smith » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Thanks Tony. :wink: I was talking to Steve Georgiou last weekend and he said that he has given the various club secretaries access to the calendar site. so they can make entries. I don't think you or I are able to insert dates, etc. I might be wrong though.

This whole thing is no biggie, but it would make life easier for everyone. :) Afterall, this is what Steve's calendar was originally designed for.

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Stephen Georgiou

#4 Post by Stephen Georgiou » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:35 pm

Hi there mick, easy fixed. if you or anyone who wants to add their event to the calendar all they need do is send me a pm with their email address and I will send them the link to allow them to add events. The calendar is very easy to use but if the clubs don't let us know then we are pushing it up hill.
The other alternative is they can send me the details and i will update the calendar for them. If worked really well last year but unfortunately i dropped the ball for a few months due to health reasons. but now i'm fine and eager to get it up to date again.
SG