3D Trad Event Lilydale Bowmen

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

amandaskinner

Re: 3D Trad Event Lilydale Bowmen

#61 Post by amandaskinner » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:00 pm

Thanks to all the trad guys for making this weekend successful!!!

Boo to Tim for leaving early - shouldn't have had those last few beers :lol:

Cheers,

Amanda Skinner
Lilydale Bowmen Treasurer

BMB-Mal

#62 Post by BMB-Mal » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:53 pm

Thanks Amanda and Lilydale clubbers...! My first 3D shoot and I want more please :) I had a ball and though only 29km's away...I regret not camping overnight. Many new friendships gained - and much 'lore' learned.

Great food, course, spirit...well done.

mal.

hue

#63 Post by hue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:30 pm

can only state that, yet again, Lilydale put up a fantastic tournament!
you guys are really proactive in the way you come up with new ideas to push the competative edge - the two arrow 3D shoot was brilliant and yet again it was a great way to renew friendships and make new ones.
onya Roadie, great to spend two days with ya.
and what a great group i shot with. Len who is always a pleasure and his Son Mitchell, a future champion if ever i saw one. Steve with his experience was really fun to talk to (and not bad considering he is a compounder).
i will, however, voice my concern over the winner of the "Dummy Spit award" and winner of "The most arrows destroyed" award. TonyJ may have won the latter award (how can you destroy 14 arrows in 2 days?) but he didn't deserve the former - that award goes to someone else FAR more deserving - no names, no packdrill - but to pack up and go home cos you didn't hit the first two targets, really!!!!!!!!! :)
welcome to Amanda, you'll love trad mate

Hue

ps. anyone got pics?
Last edited by hue on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can only be who I am

White Hawk

#64 Post by White Hawk » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:42 pm

A top shoot once again lilydale, your guys are organised, inventive and welcoming, all the ingredients for a great weekend.
Well set course , great company and good food, not a bad way to spend a weekend!

Steve Georgiou, a big congrats mate, it is always a pleasure to do battle with you, a great archer and a gracious winner, two points! ughhhhh! :cry: And speaking of talent, a rising star in trad archery circles, young Mitchell Buckland, a top little shooter, focused, calm, and very well behaved, a credit to Mum and Dad one to watch....

to my shoot group for the weekend, Tony S, Terry, John and Richard, good fun plenty of laughs, thanks fellas.
Gav
~ The wise man seeks the harmony of the circle
The spiritual man seeks the nothingness it surrounds
The complete man understands they are the same

stringnstik

cats, malt, carnage , super heroes and friends

#65 Post by stringnstik » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:48 am

cats, malt, carnage , super heroes and friends

Many thanks to the LBs for putting this on and putting up with us Trads for another fab w/e. The weekend flowed in so many ways, leaves n branches on the wind, an assortment of top shelf whisky, a babbling brook, great food, friendships and flights of arrows. Loved those needle threading shots thru the trees and nothing better than shooting the crap outa a bear :)

Congrats to the the winners and participants and I must say a big Huzzah for a very touching moment when prizes became scarce and Steve handed his cat winnings to young Mitch I salute the!

My Jamie mentioned to Jacqui last night "if I keep shooting like this,can I be as good as Gav?" So me thinks some super heroes do exist still :lol You best get a mask and cape Gav.

I as yet have been unable to total up my "collective family" carnage but I can assure you it goes well past to Tony's measly 13. Me thinks I will be a busy boy between now and Wisemans making yet more arrows ;(
"I am the arrow..the arrow is me...together as one...I fly to thee"
"the stick maybe crooked and the string hath no form,
then married by bowyer, transforms when first drawn"
"twang....thud"

hardgainer

#66 Post by hardgainer » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:41 am

Heck I wish I could have shot the Sunday but ahhh well. I could see It was shaping as a grand outing and thanks must go to Tony J (broken arra) for driving the idea and to Duane/Clark/Mark for a challanging and entertaining course. Good one Lilydale bring em' on. :D :D :D .

Len

#67 Post by Len » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:57 am

What a fantstic weekend. A big thankyou to the Lilydale crew for putting on this event that has given my son Mitchell and myself so many great memories and stories we can share, he has heaps for show and tell at school this week.
I would like to give a big thanks Stephen G for his kind act in the raffle, Mitchell has not let that cat out of his sight !
Also thankyou to Hue and Steve for being patient with Mitchell and myself,( I was dragging my feet a little through the course ) we really enjoyed your company fellas. :)
Hmmmmmmm.............

stringnstik

#68 Post by stringnstik » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:03 am

hardgainer wrote:thanks must go to Tony J (broken arra)
yes well done broken arra thanks and me thinks that nick will stick ha ha
"I am the arrow..the arrow is me...together as one...I fly to thee"
"the stick maybe crooked and the string hath no form,
then married by bowyer, transforms when first drawn"
"twang....thud"

White Hawk

#69 Post by White Hawk » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:16 am

.... yes thanks must be given to ol' broken Arra (as he will now be known) who was the architect and promoter of this fabo event. Good on ya Tony J!

Stephen G's very kind gesture in giving Mitchell the 3D cat he won in the raffle encapsulated the true 'spirit' of the traditional archery community, you made a little boys day Stephen, good on ya!
~ The wise man seeks the harmony of the circle
The spiritual man seeks the nothingness it surrounds
The complete man understands they are the same

MrsStringnstik

Re: cats, malt, carnage , super heroes and friends

#70 Post by MrsStringnstik » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:03 am

stringnstik wrote:..... Loved those needle threading shots thru the trees .....
hmmm... even tho they are what was responsible for most of my arra destruction :cry: ??

[/quote]My Jamie mentioned to Jacqui last night "if I keep shooting like this,can I be as good as Gav?" So me thinks some super heroes do exist still :lol You best get a mask and cape Gav.[/quote]

... you mean like the one he was wearing at Hawkswood.... or more like ... spandex body suit!! :wink:

Great weekend guys!! THANKS!!
"There will of course be no mention of the rumour that Mrs stringnstik shot better than I did." Stringnstik!!

Stephen Georgiou

#71 Post by Stephen Georgiou » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Thakyou all at lilydale for putting on another top event!

A always the core group at lilydale excelled in their dedication and hard work in putting together a tremendous event.
they pulled no punches setting out the course, some of the shot where tough!
A special thank you goes to the course layout guys. well done!! just loved the optional long shot. great to hear that a lot of the people had a go at this one.

to the competitors, and especially my nemesis Gav :D :D AT LAST :D :D 2 points after 100 targets, mate, talk about a nail biting finish :shock:
we where equal going into the final round, Sunday afternoon. You have always been a great competitor Gavin, I started shooting longbow after seeing you shoot yours so well down at yarra bowman. prior to that i never took them all that seriously. so thank you for that :)

To Len and Mitchell, Seeing you two sitting on the couch sunday afternoon, knackered but smiling in contentment, made a bloke a little teary, (big hairy blokey tears of course!!) you must be so proud!
Knowing my new cat is going to a good home is the only thanks i need mate. it was my pleasure.

to our northern family, thanks for making the effort, braving the victorian weather, again it was a real pleasure to spend time with you fine people.

Every time I attend one of these tournaments i leave longing for the next. fine people all of you.

Respect and thanks to all.
Stephen G

I can't help but thank Nick Lintern (Norseman Bows) and Robert McKenzie (the man with the idea) for producing a fine bow. The Barbarian is a real treat to shoot. This is the smoothest bow I have ever shot. So thank you for producing a real winner. I will get another one a bit lighter for small game as this one hits real hard, 70lb @28" with 700 grain arrows. the javalina target was a pass through on the weekend! A real performer. A rabbit would be knocked into next week with this one! Thanks fellows.

wolfpac

#72 Post by wolfpac » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:41 pm

thanks to all from the Yarra Valley crew - great event,location,food and company.
Special congratulations to Jayden (junior class), who won his first archery event.

Great effort by both juniors as they both scored mid to high 600's

Tony (broken arra) what happened to the 'Wand' event - that's the only thing I'm good at, those damn novelty events......
I don't have a snappy catch phrase ......

BMB-Mal

#73 Post by BMB-Mal » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:32 pm

If anyone knows Greg Femmlers email [or forum name]address please PM me? I have a leather 'thing' that i'd like Gregs opinion on...I was very impressed by Gregs quiver [self designed I believe].

I shot with Greg during the 2day at Bachuss Marsh july?

I was hoping to catch up with Greg on the weekend...damn you work or what ever it was that kept you [Greg] away from the shoot [waves fist at sky].

amandaskinner

#74 Post by amandaskinner » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi Mal,

I have pm'd Gregg Flemmer's email address to you

Cheers

Amanda :D

BMB-Mal

#75 Post by BMB-Mal » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:52 pm

Many Thanks Amanda...as always it seems - Lilydale clubbers are on top of their game.

:D

Roadie

#76 Post by Roadie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:17 pm

Evening All, Lilydale Archery Club, Give yourselves a Slap on your collective backs, what a great comp, well done to all involved, Have just arrived home. Thanks go to Gavin for getting me safely through melbourne to geelong, Hue let the good times Roll, Stringnstick and his family great to meet you all. To the group I shot with,the two Steves,little arrows(sue)and Rob, love the Humour, pleasure to meet you all. And finally managed to meet the fellow that made my Bow, Len Buckland and his son mitchell, love the Bow Len and considering it was the Bows first comp am very pleased with my results and the way the Bow shoots. I met so many people and had a great time, looking forward to the next Lilydale Trad event.
Cheers Roadie

Trad Bound

#77 Post by Trad Bound » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 pm

You have spoken. I have weeped.13 Arras :oops: :oops: My Avatar shows my down fall.
What an event. Wind Rain sun good company, good food and good grog. The most moving moment for me was to see the Buckland boys take the pool in awards. what a father and son moment.
Amanda is there any chance we could get all the scores up on the site. That might show where my 13 arras placed me.
to all the Lilydale team well done. Thanks to the big Karhoonah for the help and laughs. I hope we can do it again soon.
Cheers
TonyJ (Broken Arras)
Last edited by Trad Bound on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pdccr

#78 Post by pdccr » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Fun comes at a harsh price eh TB :lol:
Cheers, Toby

jayden_crozier

#79 Post by jayden_crozier » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:51 am

i was at the lilydale comp it was fun i was in the junior section and came 1st i like the dinosaur target it was real fun :D :o :lol: fun!

Trad Bound

#80 Post by Trad Bound » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:54 am

Well done Jayden. It was really good to se you there with your family. Wow your shooting has really come a long way since we met at Leongatha. well done mate.
Cheers
Broken arra

Dewi

#81 Post by Dewi » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:00 am

Thanks to all who attended.

We will endeavour to post the scores asap.

Alas my longbow will be put back in the cupboard to concentrate on my wheel bow for the next few months with State titles and club champ rounds due shortly.

Thanks a gain to the Trad community who continue to show us how much fun archery is.

amandaskinner

#82 Post by amandaskinner » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:16 am

Hi All,

I will organise the scores to be posted up here this week

Stay tuned :)

Amanda

little arrows

#83 Post by little arrows » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:42 pm

hello everyone.

this is one very bleary eyed little person just wanting to say a Very Big WELL DONE to the Lilydale club for the weekend shoot.
We arrived home around 4pm this afternoon, disgarding thermal clothing as we drove further up the highway. It was so wonderfully warm here this afternoon.
A more interesting weekend wise I've never had, but the tarp stood it's ground dispite the winds best efforts to turn it inside out.
We endured the wind, the cold, the rain, and have I mentioned the cold AND wind.... Saturday was warm though just to confuse me.
It was really great to catch up you hardy Melbourniens again.
I think we'll spend tomorrow washing about 2lb of dead insects, dirt, road kill and muck off the car, but it was worth it.
thanks everyone

sue

amandaskinner

#84 Post by amandaskinner » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:41 am

Hi All,

As promised, attached are the final shoot results of the weekend.

Cheers,

Amanda
Attachments
Lilydale Bowmen 3D Traditional Challenge Shoot Results.doc
(168 KiB) Downloaded 220 times

hardgainer

#85 Post by hardgainer » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:06 am

Timbow....just got my feet back in OZ saw Amanda's scores...Mate your first two rounds were Master Bowman did Richard get you with the Pinot . I if not no excuses :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mick Smith

#86 Post by Mick Smith » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:46 am

Just going through some of these old posts. Lots of memories here. Lots of well known names that have dropped off the radar in the intervening years. I don't know why I haven't posted on this thread. I was there, along with my daughter.

I found an old photo, courtesy of Terry Frankson of the Lilydale club.

Check out the faces ....
Attachments
2009 Lilydale shoot with Kait and I.jpg
2009 Lilydale shoot with Kait and I.jpg (105.32 KiB) Viewed 5894 times
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.