Great Southern Tournament 2009

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

hue

Re: Great Southern Tournament 2009

#31 Post by hue » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:40 pm

pity Sam

re - pm

Hue :D
I can only be who I am

DerekTheWonderFerret

#32 Post by DerekTheWonderFerret » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:57 am

BigBenno wrote:well a great weekend, good time had by those who came, numbers were down but scores were not.
Peter
Yes, well done Pete and the Twin Cities crew. Dawn and I enjoyed the shoot immensely. She did pretty well with the instinctive shooting - I was impressed given she's never shot barebow apart from indoor. She was a long way from her usual Olympic matchplay comfort zone.

Loved that indoor 3D Knight Hunt. Something special about shooting in the dark under pressure.

I was dissapointed by the numbers - would be interested to understand the reason. I guess there are other bigger trad shoots on around this time. I came over from SA 2 years ago and was blown away by the numbers and variety of archers - it certainly wasn't the same.

But not for lack of enthusiasm or effort, both the organisers and archers. Those there certainly enjoyed a relaxed and enjoyable shoot.

Peter
I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

after Henry David Thoreau

Abaci

#33 Post by Abaci » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:50 am

Thanks Guys,

I had fun on the weekend. It would have been better if more had turned up, but you get that some times.

Benno, could you please post all the scores on Ozbow? I always like to see how I went against everyone else too see how much I need to lift my game :)
Nokhoi Khori! ("Hold the dog!" in Mongolian)