A Great Week End at The HVTA Gathering

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

jcm

A Great Week End at The HVTA Gathering

#1 Post by jcm » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:02 am

A Very Big Thank you to everyone at the H.V.T.A. Gathering. A Good Time had by one and all.
Even the Weather Gods were kind.
A Great Event for all. Enjoyed the company and meeting travellers from near and far.
Thank you Trish and The Hunter Clan.
Looking forward to next year.
Regards
John

longbow steve

Re: A Great Week End at The HVTA Gathering

#2 Post by longbow steve » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:41 am

Yes John, a very enjoyable weekend. Extremely well organised.
Steve

longbowinfected

#3 Post by longbowinfected » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:32 am

Been to two shoots at HVTA....top drawer.
The facilities are excellent.
Food great and reasonably priced.
Organization great.....very practiced hardly noticed safety monitoring
Hosts....highest accolades

a number of visitors who are not trad shooters soon will be.....

Thanks to Nick, Trish, Keith, T'ball, T2, the cooks and the crew....Jessica and I had a great time seeing our old and new mates.

Kevin
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

Brumbies Country

#4 Post by Brumbies Country » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:40 pm

Agree it was a great shoot and very well organised. Didn't hit much in the novelty events but learned a heckuva lot about self bow making from Perry as we shot the 3D course. Good to catch up with you at last Steve and Kevin and next time I'll bring along some Irish whisky! Good to catch up with the Queensland contingent and plenty of others I hadn't met before. Good to catch up at last with Steve from Bega. The numbers attending looked pretty impressive all up.

Simon

trish

#5 Post by trish » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:11 pm

To all trad shooters that attended the Gathering.

We at HVTA would like to thank all those who attended the shoot at the weekend. It was finally great to see SUNSHINE as for many of you who attended in the past know that we have had some wet ones.

There were 216 visitors, with 133 shooters. It's good to see some more families come along to support those participating in the shoot.

We look forward to catching up to you all again, next year as it's the only time we get to see many of our friends.

Just a reminder that on the October long w'end this year, we are holding our first Charity shoot in support of the Bonnie Babes foundation being a worthy cause.

If you are going to attend this shoot, please RSVP asap, as it is only 4 months away.

You can contact the Gnome or myself if you intend on attending this shoot.

Winners of the Gathering are as follow.

Mens Recurve: 1st. Brad Stonestreet, 2nd. Trevor Rosa, equal 3rd. Howard O'Connel & Gary Penshorn.
Junior Recurve: 1st. John Arnold, 2nd. Joel Knight. 3rd. Luca Porta
Womens Recurve: 1st. Sue Wallace, 2nd. Linda Woodhouse, 3rd, Laurel McLeod.
Junion Recurve: 1st. Harrissa Hales, 2nd. Kate Hageman, 3rd. Aleesha Lutschini.
Cubs Recurve: 1st. Emma Woodhouse, 2nd. Tayloy Blue, 3rd. Jessica Kildy.

Mens Longbow:1st. Guy Layton, 2nd. Stephen Georgiou, 3rd. Dennis Young.
Junior Longbow: 1st. Dakota Smith, 2nd. Simon McKenzie, 3rd. Joe Graham.
Cub Longbow:1st. Lachlan Woodhouse, 2nd. Tarj McLellan, 3rd. Justin Beehag.
Womens Longbow: 1st. Janita Penshorn, 2nd. Bronwyn Blackadder, 3rd. Adrianna Speight.
Cub Longbow: 1st. Jessica Girrard, 2nd. Amber Beehag.

Mens Selfbow: 1st. Nick Lintern, Equal 2nd. Pete Rogers & Robert McKenzie, 3rd. Jason Vila.
Cubs Selfbow:1st. Hayden Schempp.
Wonens Selfbow: 1st. Amanda Pickering, 2nd. Lani Syddall.

Broadhead Range: Dash Warren
Wand Shoot: Jeff Blake
Axe Throwing: Col Mousett.Junior: Hayden Blue.
Knife Throwing: Andrew Crook (Sherrif)

Top 5: Mens: Brad Stonestreet.
Womens: Adrianna Speight.

Overall Highest score on the weekend: Brad Stonestreet. 365.

Brad won the Hall of Fame Belt Buckle and his name will be added to the Hall of Fame Trophey.

Congratulations to all the winners.

Trish.

stringnstik

#6 Post by stringnstik » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:23 am

Just back in safe n sound. Many thanks to all those who helped organise. It was fantastic. To all those Mexicans that didnt attend..... YOU MISSED out big time :lol

Its a wonderful thing to have such a group of gentle men and ladies and kids in the trad community. I had the pleasure of shooting with a couple of young lads that are just gonna cleanup in few years time,, so be warned :)
Great to meet old friends and make some anew and to have been welcomed so warmly.
"I am the arrow..the arrow is me...together as one...I fly to thee"
"the stick maybe crooked and the string hath no form,
then married by bowyer, transforms when first drawn"
"twang....thud"

Steven J

#7 Post by Steven J » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:29 am

Many thanks to all for the top weekend. I shot with a great bunch of guys. The banter on the range was second to none.

It must be said that our scores didn't come close to reflecting the amount of fun that we all had.

Steve
http://www.stevenjawerth.weebly.com

On Christ the solid rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand. Edward Mote, 1797-1874

perry

#8 Post by perry » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:37 pm

I had a great time again this year at The Gathering , can't thank the HVTA and all the fellow archers I met enough - you have restored my faith in some of the Archery community - "thankyou all" . It was good to put faces to names of a few of you fella's - enjoyed your company . Catering was great value , the stories around the camp fires kept me entertained . On monday afternoon a group of us sat around chatting archery and got the fright of our lives to see it was nearly 1.00 am when we had planned to be on the road at 5.00 am .

Really impressed with the quality of much of the craft out their - best part of the Gathering for me is the Archery Crafters Guild show - I can't stress how important preserving the old skills and developing new archery craft skills is to the true Spirit of Traditional Archery .

Always enjoy the now essential friday wine tasting tour Gary and I end up on every time we take the long drive south , found my missus some local produce and nice wine to sweeten / grovel for time off next June and treated myself a bottle of Chilli Schnapps - got 3 parts cut for free as well - always a bonus . Next year I think a bottle of ButterScotch Schnapps and a gallon or 2 of fine Port may come home with me .

The weather gods where kind over the weekend for once , thanks for swinging that one as the drenching we copped but enjoyed in 07 was fresh in my memory . Will be there with bells on next year and again a big thanks to the HVTA and all those that attended .

I'll knock up a new bow , arrows and Quiver for the craft show and shooting at The Gathering next year , see you all then

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin