Perth Hoddywell shoot - Sunday 3 May

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Mububban

Perth Hoddywell shoot - Sunday 3 May

#1 Post by Mububban » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:24 pm

G'day Perthies

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in another day at Hoddywell, or something similar if someone's club has a walking and shooting course? Perhaps the first weekend in May (2nd or 3rd)? Saturday or Sunday is fine by me.

We had half a dozen guys attend a hoddywell day in 2006, and we had longbows, recurves, asiatic horsebows, even a compound shooter came along. A great day was had by all.

Anyone interested?

Kev
Last edited by Mububban on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blinkybill

Re: Perth shoot - ideas?

#2 Post by Blinkybill » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Yep! I am definitely interested, and have three or four others that may be interested. Great idea Kev!

Ben
Yer, I had a really cool name but someone stole it from me...

Mububban

#3 Post by Mububban » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:34 pm

Edit - Hoddywell is closed on Saturdays, so if we want to go, it'll have to be a Sunday.

That's fine by me, is it okay for you and your mates?

44 views but only one reply? Nobody else interested? I guess this section doesn't get that much traffic, but even if it's only 4-6 of us it shoudl still be a good fun day.

Mububban

#4 Post by Mububban » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:27 pm

I've also had the suggestion of Gleneagles archery club who apparently also have a field course. Anyone got a preference? I don't mind either way, I just want to put arrows in things :)

Mububban

#5 Post by Mububban » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm going to stick with Hoddywell as I need to browse their shop anyway. I've also put the invite out to my friends, most of them can't hit the side of a barn but the more the merrier hahaha. I can usually at least hit the barn, as long as it's close, and a very big barn :)

Mububban

#6 Post by Mububban » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:34 pm

So Ben, are you and your mates still keen for Sunday the 3rd of May?

They open at 9:30am so how about we meet at 10am, have a warmup and introduce ourselves, then start shooting at 10:45am?

Mububban

Re: Perth Hoddywell shoot - Sunday 3 May

#7 Post by Mububban » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:15 pm

Just keeping this thread alive :D

I've rounded up about 3 or 4 mates at this stage to come to Hoddywell on the 3rd, so if you and your mates cna make it we should be in for a good fun day. If not, we'll still have fun :)

Nephew

#8 Post by Nephew » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:20 pm

Mate, I'd love to support your idea but I'm afraid there is a continent between me and the club!I might be wrong, but I think a club in Auckland would be closer! :shock: How big is the archery community over there? I imagine you blokes would have an awful lot of empty land to play on once your out of the city, yeah?
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

Mububban

#9 Post by Mububban » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:45 pm

*bump*

So far I definitely have myself and my brother in law, plus 2 "almost definites" and another 2 "would like to but will see" :D

Ben, hopefully I'l see you and your mates there too. Look for the tall skinny guy with glasses, a ratty blue hat and a leather back quiver

Actually, here's a shot from me from the 2006 Ozbow shoot at Hoddywell! The hat has only got more faded hahaha
Attachments
IMG_5095a.jpg
IMG_5095a.jpg (68.42 KiB) Viewed 3852 times

Blinkybill

#10 Post by Blinkybill » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:41 pm

Hey Kev! Sorry I havent replied, I havent looked in this section for a few days. I have myself and my brother that are definitely coming and hopefully will be bringing a mate. Should be a fun day!! :)

Ben

Mububban

#11 Post by Mububban » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:42 pm

Awesome, there'll be me, my brother in law, anothe rmate, and the chap that made the longbow I'll be using. Him and me will be using selfbows made by him, the other 2 guys will be using recurves. We'll try and get there in time to warmup on the targets they've got off to one side, then we can go hunting some paper foxes and rabbits :)

Weather looks good, fine and 27. Can't wait, should be great fun. We had about 6-8 shooters last time and it ws great fun walking and talking, encouraging the good shots and laughing at the bad ones. Clint killing that tree a good 20 degrees off target will forever live in my memory hahaha :D

White Hawk

#12 Post by White Hawk » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:12 pm

this is great stuff guys, keep it up, and you watch how the numbers grow. Perhaps a regular meet over there will encourage more trad archers to come along and join in. If you build it they will come!

Gav
~ The wise man seeks the harmony of the circle
The spiritual man seeks the nothingness it surrounds
The complete man understands they are the same

Blinkybill

#13 Post by Blinkybill » Fri May 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi Kev, Sounds Good! We will probably get there around 10:00 also and so that you know who to look for, were both young (im 16, my brother is 17), but both of us are pretty short. I will be using my horsebow and my brother, Carl, will probably be using his recurve so it should work out well!
I'll see you on Sunday!

Ben

Mububban

#14 Post by Mububban » Mon May 04, 2009 12:05 pm

A good time was had by all, I'll post some pics tomorrow if any come out well. A good variety of bows, and we definitely need to hit the advanced trail next time, my mistake. But we turned some easy shots into hard ones by going long range which is always fun :)

jape

#15 Post by jape » Mon May 04, 2009 1:51 pm

Good that it worked out well for you, looking forward to the pics.

Mububban

#16 Post by Mububban » Tue May 05, 2009 10:41 am

I only took a handful of pics with my cheap happysnap camera, but here we are. I neglected to get anyone to take any photos of myself, next time :
Attachments
Class photo. We had 2 selfbows, a horsebow and 3 recurves. Bows ranged from 30lb to 55lb. The compound user with the young son  is another guy we know who we just bumped into, at Hoddywell of all places!
Class photo. We had 2 selfbows, a horsebow and 3 recurves. Bows ranged from 30lb to 55lb. The compound user with the young son is another guy we know who we just bumped into, at Hoddywell of all places!
P4280048a.jpg (131.29 KiB) Viewed 3654 times
Carl's awesome killshot from roughly 70 metres away. We all took 1-2 shots but Carl was the only one to nail it
Carl's awesome killshot from roughly 70 metres away. We all took 1-2 shots but Carl was the only one to nail it
P4280049a.jpg (47.67 KiB) Viewed 3650 times
One very well killed deer once we moved up closer
One very well killed deer once we moved up closer
P4280052a.jpg (89.25 KiB) Viewed 3651 times

jape

#17 Post by jape » Tue May 05, 2009 10:59 am

You obviously agree that you make sure your game is dead before you move onto the next one! :lol: :lol:
Just goes to show that a few mates can have great fun together, just by making the effort. Good stuff and good to see the next gen involved.

Blinkybill

#18 Post by Blinkybill » Tue May 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Good photos Kev! T'was a great day enjoyed by all and that long shot by Carl was a ripper wasnt it! Were looking forward to the next one.

Ben