Black Griffin 3D shoot Geelong - tomorrow - February 1st

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Mick Smith

Black Griffin 3D shoot Geelong - tomorrow - February 1st

#1 Post by Mick Smith » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:26 am

The Black Griffins are conducting a small 3D shoot tomorrow, Sunday 1st. It's not really an event as such, it's more of a club shoot, but anyone wishing to have a bit of fun is more than welcome to join us. We will have about 18 targets set up in our Deakin University grounds. For those who haven't shot at Jarvis Oval, it's a very pleasant venue with heaps of trees and many variations of elevation to test your skills. To get there refer to your Melway's, ref map 464 H7.

We will kick off at 12 noon and shoot until about 5 pm or so. You don't have to be a member and it will only cost you the nominal $5 shoot fee. There's no prizes, just loads of fun. Bring your flu-flus.

I'll see you there. :wink:

Mick

PS If by chance, you're coming from Melbourne, don't forget to use the new Geelong ring road. It doesn't come all the way through just yet, but it will save you a considerable amount of time and effort, as it's about 2/3 rds finished. Check your Melways for the best route from the end of the ring road (Hamilton Hwy exit) to Jarvis Oval.
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

kerrille

Re: Black Griffin 3D shoot Geelong - tomorrow - February 1st

#2 Post by kerrille » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:16 am

i hope it all goes well and theres nothing but fun fun fun,wish i cold be with you ,will be in spirit

.....nev...one of your longrange B.Gs..
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

hue

#3 Post by hue » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:36 pm

can't make this one guys, Anniversary weekend with Wendy and considering the whole three days on the long weekend were given to me without the raising of an eyebrow. i owe!
good luck and have fun.

see you soon

Hue
I can only be who I am

gundy

#4 Post by gundy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:41 pm

Too far for me on this occasion, but Ill get there one day! :D

Roadie

#5 Post by Roadie » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi Mick, all the best for tomorrow, can't make it from here, have a damaged wing, nothing serious, the new bow sings beautifully, also have an anniversary,the Bride informs me 37 years together, so better stay around and spoil her.
Say HI to fellow BG's,and enjoy yourselfs, hope it's not to hot for you. Grant (OSPREY)

stringnstik

#6 Post by stringnstik » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:41 pm

If only we'd had more notice ;) So looking forward to getting there one day.
"I am the arrow..the arrow is me...together as one...I fly to thee"
"the stick maybe crooked and the string hath no form,
then married by bowyer, transforms when first drawn"
"twang....thud"

Mick Smith

#7 Post by Mick Smith » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:39 pm

Hey stringinstik, our next Black Griffin 3D shoot will be on Sunday March 8th, at Jarvis Oval, Deakin University, Waurn Ponds. Shooting starts at 1pm.

We have 3 shoots per month, one of which is always a 3D shoot. We warmly welcome any visitors. :wink:

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.