H.V.T.A. GATHERING 10TH ANNIVERSARY 2009

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Trad Bound

Re: H.V.T.A. GATHERING 10TH ANNIVERSARY 2009

#91 Post by Trad Bound » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:57 pm

Can someone put me out of my agony please.
How about some photos PLEASE :lol: :lol:
There were a lot of people I would have enjoyed catching up with.
I was going to go but it did not work out and I spent the weekend in the cold and rain of Melbourne. Hardly even shot my bow.
Hey I ain't knocking the rain. Our dams are very low.
I hope to see some of you at Lilydale in September.
Cheers TonyJ

trish

#92 Post by trish » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:15 am

I see someone doesn't have any patience.

I was going to put these photo's in the "great w'end" post but thought I should put them here. The winners are in the "great w'end" post

There are plenty more but I have to go through them and sort them out.

Trish
Attachments
wand shoot.JPG
wand shoot.JPG (124.71 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
speed.JPG
speed.JPG (132.57 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
running.JPG
running.JPG (111.52 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
gath 09.JPG
gath 09.JPG (87.9 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
gath 1.JPG
gath 1.JPG (96.42 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
gath.JPG
gath.JPG (134.84 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
bow.JPG
bow.JPG (116.7 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
axe & knife.JPG
axe & knife.JPG (126.58 KiB) Viewed 2755 times

stringnstik

#93 Post by stringnstik » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:38 am

longbow steve wrote:Would you like me to slap him periodically over the weekend? :D
Have fun over the weekend MRSS. Steve

I noticed Steve that once you saw my massive stature you refrained from the periodic slaps :lol

tonyJ You just should have come with us, we had plenty of room in the Rangy..mm on the roof or hanging on the tail gate at least :)

Re broadhead round.. I must admit first target (and first ever broadhead release for me) was into a tree and dead was the arrow. My only other broadhead was the wifes.. it was a hard call to use it, and so scared was I of the repercussions of its possible demise, that I nursed that one arrow thru all 20 targets.
Im happy to give away my secret tips on broadhead protection to the likes of Lance W and Steve J :lol Simply portray the mental picture of my wifes scowl, and chant the mantra "im not going there" and the arrow flys into something soft every time. hah ahh

Honestly I have never had such a relaxed and enjoyable yet challenging shoot... fantastic to all.
"I am the arrow..the arrow is me...together as one...I fly to thee"
"the stick maybe crooked and the string hath no form,
then married by bowyer, transforms when first drawn"
"twang....thud"

hue

#94 Post by hue » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:19 pm

why do i suddenly feel guilty that TonyJ didn't shoot his bow over the weekend? :oops:
you going to the clout Tony?
looked like it was a fantastic tournament and i hope people really enjoyed themselves, the pictures looked great, any more Trish?
Kevin, you look more muscular than i remembered. when are you coming to Vic and get a real dose of "cold and wet"?
now for the payback Mark, you know it's coming! :lol:

Hue
I can only be who I am

Mick Smith

#95 Post by Mick Smith » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:21 pm

I can see a few Victorians in the photos. It's good to see our keen Victorian archers travelling interstate to shoots. I would have loved to come myself, but I was unable to get leave from my work, unfortunately. :)

Next year maybe??

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#96 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:39 pm

Looks like a good weekend. Some names of those in the photos would be of interest. :D

Jeff

rodney macdonald

#97 Post by rodney macdonald » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:25 am

G/day Trish and all at HVTA,

What a Fantastic weekend we all had..
It dose not matter how many photo's are put on the net it will never be as good as getting out there and loosing or even breaking a few arrows in person.

Rod mac and the mexican's arrived home safely at 1045 pm Tue 9th June 2009

trish

#98 Post by trish » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:11 am

Hi all

I'm spending a couple of days up on the Gold Coast (well earnt I must say)

I'm sorry that Ididn't put names with the photo's, busy packing.

The group photo Gavin,Steve Farrel (longbow steve), Lance & Kevin Longbowinfected)

Below that is Scott (losty) shooting with Camo Max in back ground Jeffro &Trevor Rosr kneeling

Losty shooting bow bird

That's all I can remember at present

Trish

perry

#99 Post by perry » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:32 pm

I had a great time again this year at The Gathering , can't thank the HVTA and all the fellow archers I met enough - you have restored my faith in some of the Archery community - "thankyou all" . It was good to put faces to names of a few of you fella's - enjoyed your company . Catering was great value , the stories around the camp fires kept me entertained . On monday afternoon a group of us sat around chatting archery and got the fright of our lives to see it was nearly 1.00 am when we had planned to be on the road at 5.00 am .

Really impressed with the quality of much of the craft out their - best part of the Gathering for me is the Archery Crafters Guild show - I can't stress how important preserving the old skills and developing new archery craft skills is to the true Spirit of Traditional Archery .

Always enjoy the now essential friday wine tasting tour Gary and I end up on every time we take the long drive south , found my missus some local produce and nice wine to sweeten / grovel for time off next June and treated myself a bottle of Chilli Schnapps - got 3 parts cut for free as well - always a bonus . Next year I think a bottle of ButterScotch Schnapps and a gallon or 2 of fine Port may come home with me .

The weather gods where kind over the weekend for once , thanks for swinging that one as the drenching we copped but enjoyed in 07 was fresh in my memory . Will be there with bells on next year and again a big thanks to the HVTA and all those that attended .

I'll knock up a new bow , arrows and Quiver for the craft show and shooting at The Gathering next year , see you all then

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Jeffro

#100 Post by Jeffro » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:10 pm

trish wrote:Hi all

The group photo Gavin,Steve Farrel (longbow steve), Lance & Kevin Longbowinfected)

Below that is Scott (losty) shooting with Camo Max in back ground Jeffro &Trevor Rosr kneeling

Losty shooting bow bird

That's all I can remember at present

Trish

Also my son Joe and Warren(wazza) are in the photo

I had a great time aswell it was good to talk with Dave Whiting he is very interesting.Some of the red deer racks that Maxy and that were measuring were pretty impressive and it was good seeing how the measure em.
I shot poorly on the first day cause of not shooting my recurve for 6 months but picked it up on the broadhead round with a 145 .
I think ill bring binos next time so i can have a shot in the clout and try to see where my arrows are actually landing :P

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#101 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Thanks for the names Trish and Jeffro. It makes the photos more interesting for sure.

Jeff

pedro

#102 Post by pedro » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:22 pm

in the 6th photo it our group...left-right...larni & merv(camberra), dave whiting, mark southwell, me, john arnold, dash warren

trish

#103 Post by trish » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:32 pm

Just letting you all know that there are more photo's on our web of the Gathering.

www.traditionalarchers.org.au

Trish

stringnstik

#104 Post by stringnstik » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:27 am

thanks trish good memories
"I am the arrow..the arrow is me...together as one...I fly to thee"
"the stick maybe crooked and the string hath no form,
then married by bowyer, transforms when first drawn"
"twang....thud"