Caboolture Corrival Oct 11th / 12th

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

gundy

Re: Caboolture Corrival Oct 11th / 12th

#61 Post by gundy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:16 am

Looked like it was great fun guys. Thanks for the photos!

Gringa Bows

#62 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:20 am

gee Brett,could'nt you find better photos of me,first one i look like a pregnant bearded lady,the second one i look like i'm standing up asleep you could have woke me up for that shot :shock: :lol: :lol:

gundy

#63 Post by gundy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:21 am

Your not a lady??? :shock:

:lol: :wink:

Gringa Bows

#64 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:28 am

ahhh come on Gundy,i thought i looked kinda cute :wink: :wink: :D

perry

#65 Post by perry » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:37 am

Back at the internet cafe - this could get expensive unless I get my computer fixed .

Thats everyone for posting the pictures . I notice LB Rod and Keith have their eyes closed - here they shoot that way as well . Brett is that your fella sinking into the mud ?

One of the canteen ladies daughters wasplaying in the mud behind the clubhouse and fell down into it . There was genuine fear in her voice as she trembled Mums going to kill me !!! . I raided the clubs target bail rag supply and found some clean cloths for her . 2 hours later you would not have known the differance . Seems she wore her good school shoes as well . It was good to see the kids playing in the muck instead of playing computer games .

What is it with traditional bowhunters and teddy bears , everytime there is one on the flu flu range folks line up . Perhaps a nursery rhyme theme shoot would go off real well . I remember yearsago I attended aJungle book theme shoot that featured hand painted works of art of the characters as the targets . No photo's of the Standing Bear target - ouch !!!! , wonder why ? Blame Gary for that idea .

Thanks again for posting your photo's

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Brett Finger

#66 Post by Brett Finger » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:50 pm

Perry yah thats my lad mate,
and those mud encrusted school shoes at your clubs frount gate are his... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kind Regards, Bretto
So long as the new Moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow , so long will the fasicnation of Archery keep hold of the hearts of Men
Foundation member - East Coast TRAD Bowhunters - E.C.T.B - we are smoke, we are rumor
NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him

Shrek

#67 Post by Shrek » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:46 pm

thanks for the style critique on my new hat captain 5,I had no idea you were well versed in millinery styles.Alas my friend,a jaunty angle is not possible for me as my melon has the shape of a well worn besser block with morter still attached, the best I can do is pick a corner and hang it.cheers Shrekka

Shrek

#68 Post by Shrek » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:02 pm

Nursery rhyme shoot,you are indeed a sick troubled unit Perry.As long as a Shrek doll dos'nt make the line up.The butt shot would be a dead set given,oo da pain.

perry

#69 Post by perry » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:49 am

Still at the internet cafe . A few years ago I would not have considered thatI would miss an appliance so much

Me a sick troubled unit ?????? Shrek I'm hurt . Will I see you and Mick at North Albert for the Queensland series final . Love to hear how Mick went up the Cape .

Jason have you forgiven your Kids yet , really felt for you as my 2 have done it to me as well many times - my penance is this weekend with a trip to the Museum saturday with them and a Catholic service and Christening sunday . I predict whinging will break out before we arrive at either , likely from me !

Brett those shoes are still there , I would not have bothered washing them either . I'd guessed they where Elly's who was upset Mum would rouse her and she'd dumped them to stay out of strife . Other folks have also left behind a small size grey zip up fleece jacket and a camo bow holster hook thingo .

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

doc

#70 Post by doc » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:26 pm

Perry...enjoy the Sunday aerobics ....us Catholics get fit @ church, with all the sit, stand, kneel, clap your hands & turn around stuff. There's a cafe @ museum....you'll live.....bowhunters Are tough.
Thanks for a fun w/e full of archery, friends, fine food & endless MUD @ corrival.
I was impressed by the flash new ablutions block @ Caboolture grounds
Each day is a gift. Enjoy the Present.

perry

#71 Post by perry » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:06 am

Pleased you had a good weekend Doc , the folks in the canteen appreciate that you enjoyed the tucker . The new amenities block was finished friday morning before the Corrival . Hopefully by next Corrival Caboolture Bowmen will have grown some grass over the disturbed ground and finished an extension of the awning past the shipping containers for an undercover shooting range .

Now I'm worried , a aerobic catholic church with sit , turn , clap your hands and kneel stuff . " I am not wearing a leotard " !!!!!!

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin