Caboolture Corrival Oct 11th / 12th

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

perry

Caboolture Corrival Oct 11th / 12th

#1 Post by perry » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:31 pm

If anyone needs a copy of the flyer please PM me your email and I will send you a copy

regards Perry
Attachments
08 Corrival - Copy.jpg
08 Corrival - Copy.jpg (185.32 KiB) Viewed 8708 times
Last edited by perry on Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Brett Finger

Re: Caboolture Corrival Oct 11th / 12th

#2 Post by Brett Finger » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:10 pm

Looking foward to heading down for the shoot, thanks ofr the infomation.
Kind Regards, Brett :D
So long as the new Moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow , so long will the fasicnation of Archery keep hold of the hearts of Men
Foundation member - East Coast TRAD Bowhunters - E.C.T.B - we are smoke, we are rumor
NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by greybeard » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:21 pm

Perry,

Thank you for the shoot information. I will print it out and put on the club notice board.

Should be able to round up about twenty from North Albert.

Daryl.

p.s. Don't forget the Tooheys Old.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

kimall

#4 Post by kimall » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:38 pm

Thanks Perry for that I will be there with the daughter again this year.Are there going to be comps for the hand made Knives,bows and arrows again?
Cheers KIM

perry

#5 Post by perry » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:07 pm

Just on 2 weeks until the Corrival - Gary has got some interesting and challenging shots lined up . He has a good idea for a flu flu shoot this year - so bring along your flu flu's .

Caboolture bowmen are putting on a free sausage sizzle friday night for early arrivals , come early - the more the merrier . I will poking about the club grounds all week leading up to the Corrival so if you want to arrive a day or 2 earlier no worries .

The commitee and other members have been busy and you will be struck by the improvements underway , including a new amenities block which we hope will be up and going for the Corrival .

I am looking forward to catching up with everyone and sharing a challenging shoot and an ale , catch you all .

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Gringa Bows

#6 Post by Gringa Bows » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:48 pm

we will be there Perry,how many flu flu's do you think we will need each

perry

#7 Post by perry » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:37 pm

6 should do it Rod , make sure you have plenty of fletch mate , a spiral bound full length feather or a minimum of 6 4" uncut feathers as we only have about 80 yards of clearing before the scrub .

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

gary p

#8 Post by gary p » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:30 am

hi all , this should be a great weekend , dont forget to bring your goods for the trading post and your handy craft to show ,gaz.
One crowed hour of glorious life
is worth an age without a name.

perry

#9 Post by perry » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:08 am

Definatly bring along crafts to show folks but this year I will not be running a Archery Craft show with awards , THIS WILL BE BACK FOR 2009 THOUGH . Just a great opportunity to show off your skills with everything from knife making to bowbuilding .

I will kick off a trade / swap / sell table now with a lovely 80's vintage Bob WIlson Hill style bow , a takedown deflex reflex and a 46# selfbow .

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

Brett Finger

#10 Post by Brett Finger » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:12 am

LB rod 55 wrote:we will be there Perry,how many flu flu's do you think we will need each
we better have a flu-flu makeing day at my place bro :!:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
So long as the new Moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow , so long will the fasicnation of Archery keep hold of the hearts of Men
Foundation member - East Coast TRAD Bowhunters - E.C.T.B - we are smoke, we are rumor
NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him

Robert

#11 Post by Robert » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:51 pm

My son and I are looking forward to to sausage sizzle on the Friday night and the trade / swap / sell table.
And of course the archery and friendship.

perry

#12 Post by perry » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:51 am

Shapping up to be a widely attended shoot folks . Achers have informed us from Sydney to Gladstone they are coming . Cant thank you enough - we really love having fellow traditional archers travelling to attend the Corrival . Actually I love travelling far and wide to the traditional shoots , just wish finances and family allowed me to attend all of them each year .

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

Brett Finger

#13 Post by Brett Finger » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:53 am

Perry,
ther's 8 of us heading down form Bundy as well mate.
Kind Regards, Brett :D

perry

#14 Post by perry » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:25 pm

Thanks for that Brett - We will see if I recognise you from the Bundy Boy's day's . I'm easy to find - fat , dark and bald

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

Brett Finger

#15 Post by Brett Finger » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:36 pm

that was a lifetime ago mate,
i was wayyyyyy younger,now im just old fat and gray before my time... :lol:

just look for big Rod with his long wavey red hair - beard and tattoo's ( much akin to a scotish klansman ) and i'll not be far away... :D

in fact, the usuall TRAD hunting crew from up here will be ther, youll not miss us.
Kind Regards, Bretto :mrgreen:

perry

#16 Post by perry » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:31 pm

Evening folks - just dangling a carrot here .

The Hawkeye Jackpot is around $680 .00 at the Corrival . To be eligable to enter you must compete in all the events over the weekend . The Hawkeye is a seperate event and costs $5.00 to enter .

If another 64 shooters have a crack at the Hawkeye the kit could top $1000

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

Buford

#17 Post by Buford » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:37 pm

hi perry,
remind me what the hawkeye shoot is again?
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

perry

#18 Post by perry » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:18 pm

As requested Mr Buford :?:
Hawkeye Rules.doc
(24.5 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

- Charles Darwin

Shrek

#19 Post by Shrek » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:02 pm

Gday Perry and crew looks like I'll be on me Pat Malone this year Bent stick will be in the Cape reducing the hog population so I hope to see ya's Friday some time see ya Shrekka

perry

#20 Post by perry » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:56 am

It would not be the Corrival with out you there Shrek . Over the years you have grown in stature as the cultural icon of traditional archery in Queenslands Sth East - the Les Paterson of Longbowmen no less .

really kind regards Perry

Tell Mick we expect a full rundown of his trip up the Cape and wish him luck if he has not left yet . Is this why he set about getting fitter - good on him . This is Hinterlands club hunt isn't it Shrek , Mick and the Mongrel will be mixing it with the compound folks up there . Good on him for flying the flag .

- Charles Darwin

perry

#21 Post by perry » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:31 pm

Gidday Foks , we have had a few people contact us with pre nominations - thankyou very much for your consideration . It's not necessary but if you wish to pre nominate just send me a PM and save yourself a phone call .

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

Brett Finger

#22 Post by Brett Finger » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:23 am

G'Day Perry,
im assumeing we are right to nom on friday, and what numbers do you usually get at these events down there ?
Kind Regards, Brett :D ( Fing )

perry

#23 Post by perry » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:03 am

Morning Brett no problems with nominating friday arvo . We are expecting 90 odd archers but hope for over 100

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

Brett Finger

#24 Post by Brett Finger » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:42 am

thanks for the fast reply, :shock:

should be a cracker week-end, weather looks like shes gunna be great :!:
Kind Regards, Bretto :D

Gringa Bows

#25 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:53 am

three more sleeps,and we're there :D

perry

#26 Post by perry » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:28 pm

I went down the range this morning to do a bit of whipper snipping around the moving target and to tidy things up . The bloody brush cuter packed it in around 10 am , less than 1/2 way through - 3 trips to the mower shop [ about 70 Km ] and 2 1/2 hours later much freestyle division use of the english language and I got it running again - I hope ??????

Sometimes I really hate helping put on shoots .

Here's a link to a map which shows an easy way to get to Cabooture bowmen and some directions that will get you there without it . The map does show all the roads but Phelps road . Its easy to find , turn left at the tip off Cabooture River Road .

http://www.australianexplorer.com/maps/caboolture.htm

Take the Buchanan Rd exit off the highway coming from either North or South follow it west
- at the end of Buchanan Rd the High school is on the left
- turn right and go under the low railway bridge
- turn left at the small roundabout and head west around the side of the shopping centre
- make sure you are in the right lane , likely you will get a red light go straight ahead [ west ] into Caboolture River Rd
- about 10 kilometres up is a tip [ on the right ] just past the tip is Phelps Road .
-Caboolture bowmen is down the end on the left near the enviromental reserve .

regards Perry
Last edited by perry on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Charles Darwin

Buford

#27 Post by Buford » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:41 pm

aarrrggghhh!! stoopid cars! I'm now only a 50% chance of making it due to my truckster needing a transplant. If I utter the words "big end" i'm guessing most of you guys will feel my pain! :evil:
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

perry

#28 Post by perry » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:27 pm

Lets hope I'm not stuck with your gas bottle and burner for another 3 years Matt . Hope it works out for you - I will mind your gasbottle . Do hope to see you

If it's any consolation my edger does run for about 10 seconds and stalls , then wont run for 10 minutes so it's better than this morning . There is a lot to be said for sheep and goats .

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

perry

#29 Post by perry » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:08 pm

2 more sleeps folks .

I assisted Gary with setting the coarses today 8) Grahame A will be pleased to know no giant goanna's running up tree's this year :( . But what has Gary replaced it with :twisted:

The new amenities block is up and running . A huge thankyou to Steve , his sons and the commitee .

Catch you all over the weekend . Going to be a good shoot and don't forget the free sausage sizzle toomorrow night

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

Gringa Bows

#30 Post by Gringa Bows » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:29 pm

cruiser is fueled up and loaded,we will be there tomorrow :D hope we dont need rain coats :lol: ..............Rod