Hi Tech v Traditional Shoot

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

stickbender

Hi Tech v Traditional Shoot

#1 Post by stickbender » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:24 pm

We are holding this Shoot on 23 & 24 August at Gladstone Bowhunters Range at Lake Awoonga. We have not had this Shoot since 2006. Format consists of 25 Target 3D Round including some moving Targets plus a Speed Round on Saturday followed by Top 10 Shootout then novelties. Sunday is 1 x 25 Target 3D Round with moving Targets.
To nominate please phone 07 49783904 or email stickbender@hotkey.net.au to help with catering.Thank you Paul

Brett Finger

Re: Hi Tech v Traditional Shoot

#2 Post by Brett Finger » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:30 pm

i'll be there with me boy and Big Aaron,looking fowards to it.
Kind Regards, Brett :D
So long as the new Moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow , so long will the fasicnation of Archery keep hold of the hearts of Men
Foundation member - East Coast TRAD Bowhunters - E.C.T.B - we are smoke, we are rumor
NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him

Brett Finger

#3 Post by Brett Finger » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:36 am

cannot make it now to the shoot, am off goat hunting for 4 days....

i tried to change the hunt dates,but thems the breaks,i was really looking foward to it,but not as much as huntin.hehehe
So long as the new Moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow , so long will the fasicnation of Archery keep hold of the hearts of Men
Foundation member - East Coast TRAD Bowhunters - E.C.T.B - we are smoke, we are rumor
NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him

doc

#4 Post by doc » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:24 pm

scrub bull, doc & the lanky herd are looking forward to trad-wops-the-tekkies w/e.
well, at least we'll have lots of fun as we give it a good try.
see ya all there.
Each day is a gift. Enjoy the Present.

Brett Finger

#5 Post by Brett Finger » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:13 pm

well,
we WILL bw oging after all, leaveing here friday morning for the short trip up the road.

we was gunna go south goat hunting, but it's to cold! hehehehe :oops:

Kind Regards, Brett :mrgreen:

stickbender

#6 Post by stickbender » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:36 pm

We wish to advise that the HiTech vs Trad Shoot has been cancelled due to lack of numbers BUT will be still run as a Club 3D Shoot under the same format - no trophies only certificates. Starting Friday night, but BYO catering Saturday and Sunday.
Very welcome if you still wish to attend, please phone 07 49783904.

Brett Finger

#7 Post by Brett Finger » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:48 am

well still b heading up mate, will give you a bell today.

hopefully the other shooters who where going still come up for a shoot and get2 geather

sounds like a fun weekend,with no preasure. ( altough after tha way i shoot yesterday,id be lucky to hit 1 target)

Brett Finger

#8 Post by Brett Finger » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:12 am

Ok,
so basically everything is exactually the same,expecting we need to bring tucker for sat & sunday breaky and Sat nights dinner.

well thats to easy really,hopefully the folks that planed to head up the shoot will still come up.
the vent souonds great with the format the same as it was going to be anyway :!:

so if ya planed to head up,keep going cause the only thing that has changed is u will have to feed yourself 3 times and if ya win ya get a cert.

tucker is laied on friday night and Lunches Sat and Sunday.
Kind Regards, Brett

Brett Finger

#9 Post by Brett Finger » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:57 pm

Looks like it shold be a good crew at the shoot,
i have spoken to a number of shooters that are makeing the trip to Gladstone this week-end. :P
Kind Regards, Brett

Brett Finger

#10 Post by Brett Finger » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:24 pm

G'Day,
well the shoot has been and gone, we arrived on friday lunch time and set-up camp,the 'old boar" and the "young boar" began the work of puting the camp up.

the "weiner" began work on cleaning the area and makeing the fire pit.
Attachments
5.JPG
5.JPG (119.06 KiB) Viewed 7256 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (111.28 KiB) Viewed 7252 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (107.13 KiB) Viewed 7243 times

Brett Finger

#11 Post by Brett Finger » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:29 pm

after the camp was up and "young boar" assureing us that this was the prim positionin the camp grounds, we set about relaxing.

"Old Boar" ( LB Rod55) set about replentishing the enegery but snacking upon pigs trotters and i set about takeing in the view form my swag... :wink: ( rod tells me i was sleeping but i dunno :roll: )
Attachments
3.JPG
3.JPG (104.44 KiB) Viewed 7234 times
4.JPG
4.JPG (107.74 KiB) Viewed 7226 times

Brett Finger

#12 Post by Brett Finger » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:32 pm

a quick check of the execlent clubhouse and ammenities blocks comfirmed that all i had been told about this great range was true,the club obviously puts in a lot of effort to provide a fantastic shoot.
Attachments
7.JPG
7.JPG (99.93 KiB) Viewed 7221 times

Brett Finger

#13 Post by Brett Finger » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:44 pm

the club provided a most execlent feed on friday to wich i had a couple helping ( trying to keep up with Dave Keabel :wink: ) i dragged my full tummy off to the swag just as the "breeze" :roll: picked up .....

after a insane night of freezing cold blistering screaming south westerlies that where screaming across the dam thiting the bank and straight up to our camp ( young boars "pick of the camps" :P )
the wind blew the dam tarp partly down 3 times during the corse of the night :twisted:

we finally seen the dawn and the freezing winds continued, this was wayyyyy to much for us and we made the call to strip the camp and drag / carry the whole shooting match down the hill to a more shelterd spot... :lol: :lol:

after a good warm breakfast and a pow-wow ( a welcome and run down on how the event was structured it was out for shoot.)

we set about the mornings shoot.
Attachments
14.JPG
14.JPG (108.27 KiB) Viewed 7207 times

Gringa Bows

#14 Post by Gringa Bows » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:46 pm

and the old Sow(Brett) behind the camera :lol: :roll:

Gringa Bows

#15 Post by Gringa Bows » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:50 pm

i was snug as a bug in a rug all night :D in my cruiser didnt even know it was blowy till i got up in the morning :lol:

Brett Finger

#16 Post by Brett Finger » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:51 pm

sat seen myself and "weiner" shooting with the "old board" ( Rod ) and "Redeagle" ( Richie ) along with the "scrub bull" ( Mark ) and and young local gun that name escapes me tonight ( he was a crack shoot and bloody good young man )

the effort that the club had gone to seting up the range was perfect, and most targets strikeing a life like pose.

ther wher good moveing / running targets as well, hopefully Rod might have grabbed a pic of thse and i just plain forgot to take any and any of the novilty shoots as well ( i was haveing wayyy to much fun :lol: )
Attachments
13.JPG
13.JPG (122.19 KiB) Viewed 7194 times
10.JPG
10.JPG (132.45 KiB) Viewed 7190 times
12.JPG
12.JPG (136.97 KiB) Viewed 7189 times
11.JPG
11.JPG (142.13 KiB) Viewed 7184 times

Brett Finger

#17 Post by Brett Finger » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:56 pm

we where made to feel very welcome and it was fantastic to meet up with some old frinds whome i have not seen for many years and to meet soem cracker people who i look fopward to catching up with again soon. Pete and his son cris wher a pleasure to talk to as was all members to be perfectly honest.

i will be taking the entire clan back for our next visit without a doubt.

the club should be congratualted on the caliber to the event as ther was obviously a LOT of hard work that had gone into makeing it such a smooth runnin hassell free shot,i can ony encourage anyone that can make it to the next event to go as you sure missed out on a cracker weekend.

im sure "Old Boar " will chip in some comment and pic's form the weekend.
Kindest Regards, Brett :mrgreen:
Attachments
9.JPG
9.JPG (76.07 KiB) Viewed 7174 times

Gringa Bows

#18 Post by Gringa Bows » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:06 pm

yep Bett,i agree it is a great place to shoot and top people there too,i just wish it could go for a couple of weeks not a couple of days :roll: i did get some photos but the wifes away for a week and she usually does the photo's to put on here. :oops:

Brett Finger

#19 Post by Brett Finger » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:30 am

heres a few more random shots form the weekend.
my lad took out Cub recurve, Young Boar - second in the axe throwing....

our very own "Scrub Bull" made the top 10, i shot with him in our group that Tomahawk Bow of his is so sweet,a lovely crafted bow, and the boy can shoot the thing!!.

in fact i think from memory, ALL members of Scrubies family placed someware in their respective grades, a fine family of Archers and lovely folks to boot!
Attachments
`7.JPG
`7.JPG (75.26 KiB) Viewed 7093 times
17.JPG
17.JPG (66.99 KiB) Viewed 7094 times

Brett Finger

#20 Post by Brett Finger » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:31 am

:D
Attachments
16.JPG
16.JPG (116.64 KiB) Viewed 7091 times
15.JPG
15.JPG (93.77 KiB) Viewed 7090 times

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#21 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:48 am

Seems like it was a great weekend Brett!

Jeff

Scrub Bull

#22 Post by Scrub Bull » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:27 am

Thanks to the Gladstone Bowhunters for another great weekend.
For those that want to know trad won. :D :D :D
Archery is a simple game, it's the mind that over complicates it.
www.tradbits.com.au

Glenn

#23 Post by Glenn » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:42 am

Looks as though it was a good shoot, I'm sorry I haven't been able to get to any shoots in Gladstone for a couple of years now but when my life settles down again I will be going...Glenn...

stickbender

#24 Post by stickbender » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:23 pm

Thanks to all that turned up for the shoot I think all that came enjoyed the weekend

Despite the small number of shooters competing in the Hi-Tech vs Trad Shoot everyone had a great time with some good scores registered.
Saturday afternoon saw the running of the Top 10 Shootout. This resulted in a tie between Hi-Tech Jim O’Brien and Trad Paul Hardie, which progressed to another round and another tie. Final shoot was a Steel V and Jim O’Brien took the honours by only 5mm. Well done guys. Other Top Ten members were – John Valery, Karen Valery, Phil Myers, Mark Harvey, Reece Muller, Ros Hardie, Ian Wogandt, Lesley Wogandt. Winners of Axe Throwing – Mens – Barry Smith, Ladies – Karen Valery, Junior Boys – Shaun Kelly, Cub Boys – Lachlan Dodd. Winners of Knife Throwing – Mens – Paul Hardie, Ladies – Kristy Dodd, Junior Boys – Shaun Kelly, Cub Boys – Ethan Smith.
Mens Longbow – 1st John Valery, 2nd Mark Harvey
Mens Recurve – 1st Paul Hardie, 2nd Phil Myers
Mens Sights – 1st Jim O’Brien, 2nd Reece Muller
Ladies Longbow – 1st Maura Harvey
Ladies Recurve – 1st Karen Valery, 2nd Kristy Dodd
Ladies Compound – 1st Ros Hardie, 2nd Lesley Wogandt
Junior Boys Recurve – 1st Owen Harvey, 2nd Joe Gibson
Junior Boys Compound – 1st Shaun Kelly
Cub Boys Longbow – 1st Ethan Smith
Cub Boys Recurve – 1st Brae Finger
Cub Boys Compound – 1st Lachlan Dodd
Cub Girls Longbow – 1st Anna Harvey
Scores – John Valery 500, Jim O’Brien 500, Mark Harvey 460, Reece Muller 450, Anna Harvey 445, Paul Hardie 435, Karen Valery 425, Phil Myers 425, Lachlan Dodd 420, Peter Bergquist 420, Ros Hardie 415, Shaun Kelly 405, Dave Keable 395, Ian Wogandt 395, Richie Andrewartha 390, Kristy Dodd 375, Andrew McMaster 370, Alex Valery 370, Scott Hardie 345, Owen Harvey 340, Maura Harvey 320, Aaron Irwin 320, Joe Gibson 315, Brett Finger 315, Barry Smith 310, Ethan Smith 305, Gina Kelly 280, Lesley Wogandt 275, Brae Finger 265, Pam McMaster 240, Michelle Smith 200, Dianne Ormond 195, Barry Griggs 185, Jordan Lindley 260.
Scores for 24/8/08 only – Adam White 110, Ellen Smoothy 110, Rod Bagnall 205, Jason Fleming 85, Kevin Smoothy 175, Brett Payne 210, Ray Schneider 205, Paul Jones 170, Warren Jones 245, Jarrod Jones 200, Chris Bergquist 200.

Paul

ps. Will post some photos when I get them.

Brett Finger

#25 Post by Brett Finger » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:30 pm

well finally pryzed the camera off Rod and downloaded the pics form the week end at long last.
this is some pics he took of the great campsite move of 08.. down the hill to hide in the warm. :mrgreen:
Attachments
Picture 443.jpg
Picture 443.jpg (121.36 KiB) Viewed 6928 times
Picture 433.jpg
Picture 433.jpg (114.1 KiB) Viewed 6929 times
Picture 431.jpg
Picture 431.jpg (76.53 KiB) Viewed 6928 times

Brett Finger

#26 Post by Brett Finger » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:33 pm

a few of the sensational layout of the targets ect...
Attachments
Picture 436.jpg
Picture 436.jpg (96.08 KiB) Viewed 6919 times
Picture 439.jpg
Picture 439.jpg (114.17 KiB) Viewed 6919 times
Picture 438.jpg
Picture 438.jpg (112.3 KiB) Viewed 6917 times

aj

#27 Post by aj » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:05 pm

Gday Brett and Rod

Im really glad all the crew had a good weekend. The club did put in a lot of work for this shoot but it is all worth it when fellas come from all over and have a great time. Hope everyone will come back up for another shoot.

Have a good one :D

Alex Valery
Gladstone Bowhunter
Though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i do not fear evil because i shoot a longbow!

Gringa Bows

#28 Post by Gringa Bows » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:09 pm

Alex you blokes keep putting on such great shoots and we will keep on coming, i would come even if i wasn't shooting, just for the friendly atmosphere :D