[VIC] Lilydale Bowmen - Archery Workshop & 3D Challenge

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Dean H

[VIC] Lilydale Bowmen - Archery Workshop & 3D Challenge

#1 Post by Dean H » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:53 pm

Lilydale Bowmen - Archery Workshop & 3d Challenge
9th &10th of August 2008

Saturday
This is the day to find out anything you ever wanted to know about archery. These guest speakers have many years experience between them and will speak on topics ranging from shooting technique to building your own longbow and arrows. The Yellow range will be open for practice with 20 full colour Delta paper targets. A chronograph to test your arrow speed will be on the practice butts. Entry for the day is $5, dinner available for $10 and camping is welcome!

12.00 – 1.00 Lunch
1.00 – 1.45 James Park & Leigh Cornish Coaching and Archery Technique
2.00 – 2.45 Clark Johnson String making and Rinehart targets
3.00 – 3.45 Tim Everett Traditional Bows
4.00 – 4.45 Dennis LaVarenne Traditional Bows and Flemish string making
5.00 – 6.00 Hunting Videos

Sunday
The 3D Challenge is a 20 target course shot once in the morning and once in the afternoon. The course is a new layout starting on yellow, then turning deep into the red course and finishing with a snaking section through blue and finishing at the club house. This will be an arrow friendly course with most targets having butts behind them.

this is not a normal ABA 3d. we will be trialling a seperate shooting peg for recurve and longbow set no further than of 30m. (hot tip: no shot will be at max.)

please download the flyer for all the details.
Attachments
LB3dChallengeAUG1.doc
(93.5 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

Mick Smith

Re: [VIC] Lilydale Bowmen - Archery Workshop & 3D Challenge

#2 Post by Mick Smith » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:04 am

What a pity this event clashes with the Dunolly trad event which is on the same weekend. :?

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

hardgainer

#3 Post by hardgainer » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:26 pm

I can endorse the 3D challange course at Lilydale Bowmen it is generally a shooters dream (Shot the last challange). Shooting amongst the Mountain Ash.. Giant Ferns.. and Creeks of the Dande's is as close to a Tradperson's paradise as you will get in Melbourne. Great new Rinehart targets and "Timbow" forced to confess his Bowmaking secrets :shock: .... Pity about the Dunolly clash.

Trad Bound

#4 Post by Trad Bound » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:26 pm

Decisions Decisions. Do I go to my club at Lilydale 10 minutes from home, enjoy the sharing of information and then go home each night to a dry house and a warm bed or do I go to Dunolly freeze my **** off and spend the weekend with a group of traditional idiots and possibily be as wet as a shag on a rock. :lol: :lol:

Looks like I'm going to be cold and with a group of Trad Idiots. :oops:
Tony S, I was at lilydale tonight you won't believe it but Dean H was out with a long bow ( no training wheels) you never know what will happen next.
Look out Dunolly the two Tony's are coming
Cheers Tony J

hardgainer

#5 Post by hardgainer » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:50 am

Its a interesting one Tony....the number of closet Tradbower's at the Club is amazing. I can think of several who stick with the wheels but bring the real bows out after dark. :lol:

Dean H

#6 Post by Dean H » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:23 pm

hardgainer wrote:Its a interesting one Tony....the number of closet Tradbower's at the Club is amazing. I can think of several who stick with the wheels but bring the real bows out after dark. :lol:
..and at the christmas shoot!

you should have seen the nice 1m groups i was shooting from the 18m line.

Trad Bound

#7 Post by Trad Bound » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:46 pm

1 metre. I don't think they were that close. :shock:
I've near seen someone draw their bow and hold it as long as you did Dean no wonder you had only 4 arrows you ran out of puff to shot 5.
You can't take the compound out of him yet. But we will try. :wink: Dean It was good to see you at it, well done.
Tony J