World ranking in field events for AA longbow shooters

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

longbowinfected

World ranking in field events for AA longbow shooters

#1 Post by longbowinfected » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:11 am

Thanks to the diligence of Ian Stokes, a really great exponent of longbow in NSW it has come to my notice that there is a world body that tracks and ranks FITA field scores WHICH ALSO INCLUDES LONGBOW for Seniors, Masters, Veterans and children if you use timber arrows at tournaments eligible for FITA Arrowheads.
Now I am no legal eagle so do not hang me upside down over a fire if I am in error.
Go to the website and check it out.
The site is found at http://www.archeryranking.org/index.php ... =1&lang=en

A number of Australians are/ have been ranked for the last couple of years. I think there are even a couple of children using longbow from Australia are on last year's list.
Australia is a participating nation.
Apparently the emphasis is on tournament organizers to send in results and to ensure that they have FITA Arrowhead status. There is no limits now on how many shoots can be eligible for each country. You do need to have three scores in to be properly ranked.
I urge all Ozzie AA longbow people to get involved.
We really should do more to advance longbow recognition and get it eventually changed from a recreational division.
I see this as a great leveller as most competitive longbowers like shooting field of some sort.

Over to you guys.
Do not let this opportunity slip.

Kevin
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

longbow steve

#2 Post by longbow steve » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:39 am

WOW Kev, look who is ranked 85 in the world in senior longbow. Steve :lol:

longbowinfected

#3 Post by longbowinfected » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:01 am

Steve,

I will bite. call me trout.
Who?

Kevin
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

White Hawk

#4 Post by White Hawk » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:07 am

He kept that little Gem from us Steve and Kev, didn't he???? Sneaky!
~ The wise man seeks the harmony of the circle
The spiritual man seeks the nothingness it surrounds
The complete man understands they are the same

longbowinfected

#5 Post by longbowinfected » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:18 am

Steve,
It shouldn't be me because I am in masters and I doubt that my score would be in yet or good enough. Be mighty impressed with the organizers and recorders if it was. I did note a few junior aussie longbowers in the rankings last year and cannot recall being told about that.
I noticed that the average raw score in the FAWR masters and seniors was under 150 with timbers for 24 targets but the higher ranked seniors were in the 260's.. that would mean that you, Jo Vardon, Ian Stokes, Steiny et alia would have a very high ranking in seniors.
There is a big step down in the Masters [until Ian Stokes and others post a few]
Even my low first time timber scores would rank well in masters.
I think it will be interesting to see how we all compare with overseas / world archers.
When I think of the truly great trad longbowers who do not wish to compete and would do well the mind boggles.
This year there are no prizes....that's cool.
It is really about bettering yourself and having a higher standard to measure yourself against. With Stokesy in my division shooting as well as you and Jo Varden it certainly ramps up the effort required, which is good.

Kevin

longbowinfected

#6 Post by longbowinfected » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:25 am

Hey Gav

Who? I could not find a thing!
Every time i check it is obviously overloaded.
By the way Gav, Team Wyldwood is looking good for the world stage.
Be interesting marketing to claim Staff world ranked shooters!!!!!!
Be really funny if a flood of Aussies start popping up. The cost of timbers might go up because of a shortage>

Kevin

White Hawk

#7 Post by White Hawk » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:38 am

Kev, if you go to the Australian only section you'll see a list of aussie field shooters. Ozbows very own 'Timbow' ranked 85!

You right Kev, best I get my field scroe on the board!
~ The wise man seeks the harmony of the circle
The spiritual man seeks the nothingness it surrounds
The complete man understands they are the same

longbowinfected

#8 Post by longbowinfected » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:43 am

hey Tim,

Love ya like a brother man but when were you going to share the lollies?
Hey it is OK by me. I remember reading about it all a while ago but I did not understand how it worked.
Quite funny really!
Least we all know that you can keep a secret.
Handy to know if we err on a drinking session.
Bet you play poker well too.

Congrats to you belatedly. I wrote to Peter the organizer about forwarding on my score and I expressed concern that other longbowers may have missed out. I need not have worried about that. Peter must have thought that was funny.
Congrats also to Miss Furnell.
And to other longbow folk.
Guess this all makes the thread redundant/old news and highlights how thick the rest of us are.....pretty funny when you adjust the reading glasses.

Kevin

longbow steve

#9 Post by longbow steve » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:45 am

Hey Kev, Timbow :lol: