3d 2nd march @ dva trad archers welcome

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

from sweden

3d 2nd march @ dva trad archers welcome

#1 Post by from sweden » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:58 pm

Hi Guys, my name is Cody im new on ozbow forum , we are running a 1 day 3d shoot 2 march ,I shoot a longbow it would really be fun if some trad shooters could show up ,just make sure you glue the points on properly so they do not come off in targets hope to see you there
Where : Diamond Valley Archers
Date : 2nd March 2008
Start Time : 8:30 am for registration with a 9:00am start

All persons off courses by 3:00pm

We will be desinging this so that any new ones will also enjoy the opportunity to try 3D, so consider introducing a few of your other members to 3D on this day.

Beginners Welcome.

Club Members $15.00
Cubs Free
Cost $20.00 includes BBQ Lunch

What will we have on course

Two peg, Sighted (oragnge) Non-Sighted (green)

20 3D Paper targets - one arrow round

So you want to shoot more arrows well we have put together

10 3D targets - 2 arrow round

You get to try out first hand the new targets DVA have purchased from Rhinehart (Natalie / Clark), maybe even an dinosaur or two, a black lepoard, some of these targets have not been seen or even shot in Victoria / Australia before.

Open invitation to all archers from all archery disiplines / clubs welcome.

hue

dva

#2 Post by hue » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:12 pm

hey Swede

fantastic to hear that you and DVA are doing this, what happened? ********* and point out there's more to archery than elite compounds, more strenght to you

regards Hue
I can only be who I am

from sweden

#3 Post by from sweden » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:51 pm

:D I used to shoot compound that was fun to, but i got sick off all the tinkering with my gear ,always something that would move peep sights fall away rests pinns d loop or wheels out off time ., now i just set my nock&brace height and make sure my arrows are somewhat tuned then it stays like that only need to put a twist in the string once in a while .
i have only shoot the longbow for a little over a year but i really like it and i am starting to hit what i am aiming for or close to it .
hope to see some off you there , i used to glue my points on with hotmelt when i started using wood , but they come off in the 3 d targets so we recommend using 24h epoxi glue Araldite seems to work well
:D

CMcG

#4 Post by CMcG » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:53 pm

Hey Guys, new to your forum.
Maybe not new to all of you, I am Cordell McGuire have enjoyed shooting with quite a few of you guys over the years.
I am the one organising the 3D event at DVA, and do look forward to you comming along, and having a fun day of archery.

Max distance for unsighted divisions will be 30meters.
If you can place your arrows on an approx 1mtr sq traget face of wet suit material at the above distance, you will not loose or damage your arrows (excluding your own Robin Hoods etc.).

If in doubt, no worries step up from the peg and shoot to where you feel comfortable, no pressure this is to be a fun event.

The Swed tested some of the targets for you and he can do it (not from the pegs we are going to use on the day we gave him a few more difficult ones)?
So come along and have some fun with us.

My aim has not changed we all archers, learn to shoot well with the choice in equipment you use, shoot safely, acknowledge and overcome your limitations where you can and enjoy ARCHERY. :)

White Hawk

#5 Post by White Hawk » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:05 pm

I can vouch for the fact that Cordell and all the guys at DVA always put on a great 3D shoot. If anyone wants to find out what 3D is all about, this is a perfect opportunity to give i a go on a great course. with 30m being the max distance for trad it is perfect.

Support 3D in Victoria and you support another interesting and exciting disipline in archery.

Gav
~ The wise man seeks the harmony of the circle
The spiritual man seeks the nothingness it surrounds
The complete man understands they are the same

hue

DVA

#6 Post by hue » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:29 pm

hey Swede

i'm the same as you except gave the compound away because i lost the feel for it, as far as your arrows go, i found the 5 minute araldite just as well

Hue
I can only be who I am

kerrille

#7 Post by kerrille » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:30 pm

Up here i find 5 min araldite dries to quick
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

hue

#8 Post by hue » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:46 pm

yeah Nev

5 minutes

Hue
I can only be who I am

from sweden

#9 Post by from sweden » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:13 pm

hi Hue im sure the 5 min works ok ,i have had some problems with it ,
so i use the 24h epoxy it hardens slowly and really bites in to the point.
what wood you guys shooting i shoot cedars 85-90 cut 29.5 145 grain point or 2219 aluminum's when allowed i do like wood but my groups are allot better with aloys ,

cody

kerrille

#10 Post by kerrille » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:34 pm

when the temps over 40-45 its 50+in the shed 5 min = 5 seconds ive tuned picked up my arrow and head and it to late .
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

Mike-dy

#11 Post by Mike-dy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:02 pm

I didn't think you had any alloys left after the pig at Ballarat last year Cody :D :D :D

Mike

from sweden

#12 Post by from sweden » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:17 am

lol yea i did break a few arrows on that steel pig :D must off been
the traditional beer drinking the night before that made me miss
that was a really fun 3d shoot :D

hardgainer

#13 Post by hardgainer » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:56 am

Sounds like it will be a good Muster guys....Cody just make sure Cordell understands the green goes in front of the Orange. Historically he occassionally got confused on the positioning. :) :)

CMcG

#14 Post by CMcG » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:23 pm

hardgainer wrote:Sounds like it will be a good Muster guys....Cody just make sure Cordell understands the green goes in front of the Orange. Historically he occassionally got confused on the positioning. :) :)
Hi guys, no confusion just need to let the sighted shooters catch up with you guys. :wink:

In reality though, I (my team & I) try and set the field up with varying distances and angles so everyone gets to try all their skills out on the range. :shock: :oops: :lol: :o :evil: :D
This makes for more fun, and tests your skill out.
I hope to have a few of the beginners there I have been working with over the past few weeks as well.

I am looking at getting a good mixed bunch of archers at our shoots, and while we can "pay compliements" to each other as only archers can, we can also respect the skill that goes with the sport, I believe it is truly one of the few sports that can cater for all personalities and skill bases.

Lookforward to meeting and catching up with a few of you on Sunday.

CMcG

#15 Post by CMcG » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:06 pm

The courses are set, the guys had fun laying them out.
They are not difficult, and are designed so that the beginner can enjoy themselves as well.

To all our longbow freinds, Cody played a critical role in the course layout for you guys so that you are looked after

To all those who will be joining us, we are looking forward to a great day of fun and catch up.

See you there.
:D