3D Shoot

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

clinglish

3D Shoot

#1 Post by clinglish » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:58 pm

Gleneagles is having a 3D shoot on the 22nd of this month (next Saturday) so any WA boys that have an opening it would be a great day.
Starts at about 12:30 till whenever. There is a great group of members and a really good range .
Bowhunting (Hunting for Bows)
Known Carrier of "Fox Bow Fever"

MaylandL

#2 Post by MaylandL » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:01 am

I'm in (with hunnish or avarian) if Anysia will let me. She might want to come too.

8) :)
They'll never hit us from this dist....

wayoutwest

#3 Post by wayoutwest » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:31 pm

ill have to show you how its done clinto with the new habu or bear.

Chris

#4 Post by Chris » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:17 pm

Big Duke

you may not want to bet with Clint, he can kill a mean tree

Chris

PS dont bring up the Rabbit, its the only thing you have on me and its not as funny!
I don't support the wars of our politicians, but I do support our troops.

Lest we forget
.Image

wayoutwest

#5 Post by wayoutwest » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:29 pm

He might have to start shooting from the yellow peg!!

sorry clinto;)

clinglish

#6 Post by clinglish » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:49 pm

We will see Big Duke I watched you kill a tree last time I was up a Gleneagles. And Chris how did you go shooting at that Rabbit.
Bowhunting (Hunting for Bows)
Known Carrier of "Fox Bow Fever"

Chris

#7 Post by Chris » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:09 pm

Ok seeing as you can’t give up

The story about the Rabbit
It was just on dark, Clint and I where just about to head home when I spotted a baby rabbit (it was only about 10cm long) about 150m away using my super human eye sight.
Now Clint being the man he is let me take the shot, as I came to full draw the rabbit took off, hoping this way and that way, (I put the speed of this small rabbit at about 275.89mph).
So now the rabbit was about 200m away and giving it some lead I sent my arrow to its target. As all rabbit hunters know, these fellas have danger sense like dear and at the last moment this little fella dived to its left. On closer inspection of where my arrow hit the ground we found some whiskers and chin fur.

Chris

Ps this a true and factual story. Did I mention that it was also very windy.
I don't support the wars of our politicians, but I do support our troops.

Lest we forget
.Image

wayoutwest

#8 Post by wayoutwest » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:38 pm

And i suppose you were shooting left handed your arrow only had one flight and spiderman got the arrow for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
and yes clint i did kill a tree but i was just making you feel better because no one likes getting shown up by a greenhorn trad shooter:)

madlarkin

Re: 3D Shoot

#9 Post by madlarkin » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:51 pm

clinglish wrote:Gleneagles is having a 3D shoot on the 22nd of this month (next Saturday) so any WA boys that have an opening it would be a great day.
Starts at about 12:30 till whenever. There is a great group of members and a really good range .
where is gleneagles??
Harlequin 52# @ 28"

hillbilly WA

#10 Post by hillbilly WA » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:02 pm

That sounds awesome. Where is Gleneagles, how do we sign up (if there's still time), and are we allowed to shoot if were not members?
I did have a signature... It was a very good one in fact... It made me laugh... But i lost it... So i dont have one anymore.

wayoutwest

#11 Post by wayoutwest » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:51 pm

Its up the albany highway 1 km past the yule do* roadhouse it;s on the left behind the gun club, your aloud to shoot if your not a member but you will have to pay a bit more no need to sign up just be there on the day.

archangel

#12 Post by archangel » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:23 pm

Clinglish, Big Duke, MaylandL etc

Just found the notice today ... great news. Sounds like just the place I need to try out the Scythian. I've got some new Forro shafts kitted up and meet you all there at 12.30. Is the drive to the club off Albany Hwy well-signed? I'm not sure where the Yule Roadie is located - any chance of a marker just before you arrive?
"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark." (Michelangelo Buonarroti)

wayoutwest

#13 Post by wayoutwest » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:50 pm

Its not that well signed but there is a huge truck bay on the right and its directly acros from what use to be known as the comedy lodge its got some flash name now but its more or less a big horse stud.

hillbilly WA

#14 Post by hillbilly WA » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:23 am

I can't make it... :roll:
but have fun everyone! :D
I did have a signature... It was a very good one in fact... It made me laugh... But i lost it... So i dont have one anymore.

MaylandL

#15 Post by MaylandL » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:31 pm

Got there a bit late but managed to catch up with Clinglish and Archangel for a natter.

Next time Anysia and I will have a shoot.

Happy shooting :)
They'll never hit us from this dist....