Caboolture & District Bowmen Traditional Corrival 2007

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

perry

Caboolture & District Bowmen Traditional Corrival 2007

#1 Post by perry » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:18 am

Caboolture Traditional Corrival 2007

October 27th & 28th

Phelps Road , Upper Caboolture

LONGBOWS , RECURVES & SELFBOWS ONLY , WOOD ARROWS & FEATHERS ONLY

Free Sausage Sizzle Friday night / SPIT ROAST saturday night all meals catered from Saturday breaky to sunday lunch

9.30 muster Saturday , 8.00 muster Sunday
3D targets , speed round , Flu Flu , Moving target , Giant Steel Canetoad , tree stand shot , ranges open for free rounds after competition

HAWKEYE JACKPOT SHOOT

Australian Archery Craft Guild show - catorgory's - best selfbow , recurve , longbow , best set arrows , best axe / knife , best leatherwork , JUNIOR ENCOURAGEMENT AWARDS . Bring along all your archery related craft .

Adults $25.00 Juniors $15.00 Cubs free Family's $50.00
NOTE : The $7.50 temporary membership fee for non 3DAAA members has been WAIVED

For pre nominations to asist with catering the SPIT ROAST or for more information please contact

After Hours: Perry Jackson 07 5432 4341
Glenn Hines 07 5432 4431
Gary Penshorn 07 5428 0116
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

perry

#2 Post by perry » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:59 am

The shoots shaping up well everyone with around 20 traditional archers so far indictating they will be down . Can promice challenging courses that will make you think but will be arrow friendly , just dont miss the giant steel canetoad . regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

little arrows

#3 Post by little arrows » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:04 am

see you there.
Sue/Steve

Jac

#4 Post by Jac » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:07 pm

Hey Gnome....are you guys coming up from Hunter Valley again this year? I really hope so, as it would be so good to catch up again. I can't believe it's been a year already....where did it go????

Jac
I don't shoot Traditional, but admire those who do

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by greybeard » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:50 pm

Hi Perry,
North Albert will be there in force.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

perry

#6 Post by perry » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:59 pm

Excellant to here North Albert will be invading Daryl . Early indication for a real good turnout so far . I hope lots of people from down south come again this year , Caboolture Traditional fella's issue a challenge to come and try to woop our butts - not gonna happen . regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

The Gnome!

#7 Post by The Gnome! » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:18 pm

Sorry Jac, guys & girls I was realy looking forward to being there this time with my daughter, but a very nasty month has befallen the gnome account with the usuall bills, insurance,rego, & to top it OFF a nasty groweling noise from the rear diff on the Jeep & as a result $1100 for bearings to be replaced :x

Gnome!

perry

#8 Post by perry » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:31 pm

Dont you hate that Gnome ,should of bought a Toyota . Hows Part 2 of the Gathering shaping up mate . I wont be down for part 2 but will brave that Hunter Valley weather again next year . Tell the other fella's I bought a Rivers Edge Arroyo static recurve 62" 43 # [ looking after that crook shoulder ] and am expecting delivery this monday or tues instead of a plane ticket for october long weekend . regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

Gringa Bows

trad shoot

#9 Post by Gringa Bows » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:34 pm

i will be there we have our president shoot at our club the same weekend and i am range captain but i shore do like trad shoots oh well i love being popular

perry

#10 Post by perry » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:47 am

Good to hear another bod coming to our shoot , I hate when shoots clash , tough to choose sometimes but Trad shoots always win out with me as well . regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

perry

#11 Post by perry » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:08 pm

Gidday everyone , less than 3 weeks to go till the Corrival , got some tricky shots set up , new 3d targets like a Leopard , Hyena , Blessbok and a woodchuck among them . Things are shaping up well , see you all there . regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

bsrecurve

#12 Post by bsrecurve » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:57 am

gday perry.
just out of interest mate - would my vortex be classed as a recurve or longbow at the corrival?

it was great to meet you the other day - and it sounds like the corrival is going to be a bloody ripper - can't wait!

perry

#13 Post by perry » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:48 pm

Brian the Vortex is classed as a longbow under 3daaa 's rules which is what were guided under for the Corrival . regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

perry

#14 Post by perry » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:33 pm

3 more sleeps everyone . I'm on holiday now and will be spending thursday and friday getting the ranges ready . I'm looking forward to a top weekend - see you all there . regards Perry

- Charles Darwin