Traditional Shoot in Perth this month

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

archangel

Traditional Shoot in Perth this month

#1 Post by archangel » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:50 pm

MaylandL, Anysia, BlinkyBill, Hillbilly, Clinglish, Mubbuban etc ... (PM sent as well)

VERY short notice but only just found out about the competition this week while trawling through the WA webpage. The Bowmen of Melville are holding Ye Olde Sticke and Stringe for all longbow & traditional archers on Sunday 26 August. The shooting fee is a reasonable $10 and dress is medieval, club uniform or all white.
The morning round is Short Canberra (30 arrows at 50, 40 and 30m) followed by a wand shoot and two=way clout. Usual sausage sizzle, trophies and voucher prizes being given away. For details see the attached. Who's in for this one? I may bring down my longbow or if my new Grozer scythian has arrived by then, I would like to try it out.
Attachments
2007_info_yeoldestickandstring.doc
(30 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark." (Michelangelo Buonarroti)

MaylandL

#2 Post by MaylandL » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:19 pm

G'day Archangel

Couple of things about this trad shoot. It's not what I would call a full trad shoot like those in the Eastern States eg Great Southern, The Gathering, Muster etc. They allow non-wood arrows (carbons and aluminiums with vanes) to be used.

Also there are no separate categories for laminated longbows, selfbows, horsebows and wood recurves. Wood recurves are excluded from competing. It's a comp predominately for longbows but Anysia and I have shot our horsebows there.

Not sure if we are going to be shooting there.

Happy shooting :)
They'll never hit us from this dist....

hillbilly WA

#3 Post by hillbilly WA » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:34 pm

Hi Archangel and Mayland, im pretty sure ill be going are you guys dressing up? might have to hire a costume :? .
Im taking my Viper Longbow. Can't wait till the shoot.
I'll see if i can find you guys there, i don't know how :? .
Hope you guys make it :D .
See ya

Carl
I did have a signature... It was a very good one in fact... It made me laugh... But i lost it... So i dont have one anymore.

clinglish

#4 Post by clinglish » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:39 am

I am pretty sure I am going . just got to make a costume cos I reckon if you wear all white you will look like luke Skywalker with a longbow. :D
Bowhunting (Hunting for Bows)
Known Carrier of "Fox Bow Fever"