Who is Going to the BAREBOW CHALLENGE ??????

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Graeme K

Who is Going to the BAREBOW CHALLENGE ??????

#1 Post by Graeme K » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:04 pm

Hi All
Just wondering who will be going to the Barebow Challenge at Wisemans Ferry on the first and Second of September.
Hope I will get to meet a few fellow Ozbowers in person -- It would be great to put some faces to the names.

Graeme

jcm

Will be there

#2 Post by jcm » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:58 am

Look forward to catching up.Hope to have the Rose City POC shafts
to bring to the Barebow Challenge with somee other gear for sale.
Have a good one
John

Graeme K

#3 Post by Graeme K » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:42 pm

Hi John
Thats great, I am getting a bit low on arrows it would seem my timber arrows have a habit of trying to sneak off back to the bush.

Graeme

Trad

I will be there

#4 Post by Trad » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:26 am

Hi Graeme,

As you know I will be there! Just some background on the shoot!

It was started back in 2004 at Liverpool City Archers in Sydney. Run for two years on their grounds until they ran out of space. Too many archers attending! It is now held at Hawkesbury Field Archers in Wisemans Ferry NSW. This will be the second year. The shoot was started as an inter club shoot between HVTA and Liverpool City. Kind of a mix between target and hunting club events. It soon grew to be more than this. Now many clubs attend.

There is the club perpetual trophy at stake! Last year won by HVTA.

As fare as I know its the only shoot that still has a 100 yard event using trad gear? "York Shoot with less arrows shot" I might be corrected on this? All distances are unmarked for the field events and reasonable distances for hunters.

The field is two courses of 10 targets. One target faces and the other paper animal faces. Lots of up and down shots. Very good for hunting practice.

There is a clout shoot, moving targets and novelty events including a night spotlight shoot on the Saturday after dark.

Nick from the TAA Guild will be setting up a table for show and trade. Saturday afternoon. Bowyers will be showing their equipment and there should be lots to trade and sell. So bring along some gear for sale or trade.

Raffle on both days run by "Towball".

We have a world class trad archer from Italy attending with his bow designs on display. Have a shot out of an Italian Longbow! (62" deflex reflex, great for hunting, very fast).

Lots of good food for sale from Friday night to Sunday lunch, free camping and chronograph (spelling?) set up. Test the speed of your bows! Thanks to the TAA mob. It will only cost you a small gold coin donation, if you can afford it?

The shoot will start as arrows are shot in memory of past archery trad mates no-longer with us. If you have an archery mate that has passed away and you would like them to be remembered on the day, contact me with details. An arrow for each will be shot over the field to start the tournament.

Hope to see you there, please let the shoot coordinator know if you are attending, numbers and if camping is required.

Trad (Uncle Les)

longbow steve

#5 Post by longbow steve » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:44 am

Hi Graeme, Hopeing to attend. There are 4-5 of us from the mountains, maybe Arthur from Bathurst.
I will get official numbers and phone Robert.
Steve :)

Graeme K

#6 Post by Graeme K » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:27 am

Hi Steve
Looking forward to seeing you -- I did not know that there were many people from the mountains other than you.

Graeme

longbow steve

#7 Post by longbow steve » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:43 pm

Hi Graeme, We have a few trad guys in our club, The local ABA club has a couple. There is a few Ozbow members form the lower mountains ie John Allan, Hamish and some I'm yet to meet like Jamie. they soon add up. :)

Graeme K

#8 Post by Graeme K » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:59 pm

Hi Steve
Thats great -- I guess I am living in the past but really like the idea of having met the people I talk to rather than them being disembodied spirits from the nether world.
My son tells me meeting the people you know on line always spoils the friendship but I can not agree --- I expect it is an age thing.

Graeme

longbow steve

#9 Post by longbow steve » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Hi Graeme, I really enjoyed meeting people from this site at the Gathering, Gnome was introducing me as Longbow Steve which I found pretty funny :lol: . It is also good to get an idea of peoples personalities and humour for future online ribbing :lol: Steve

Jeffro

#10 Post by Jeffro » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:53 pm

Yep ill be there it was a great weekend last year .
Looking forward to it.

Jeff

Graeme K

#11 Post by Graeme K » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:46 pm

Made some trophies --- thought you might be interested.

Graeme
Attachments
Trophies 07.JPG
Trophies 07.JPG (41.35 KiB) Viewed 3114 times

Jeffro

#12 Post by Jeffro » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:32 pm

Nice trophies Graeme see you on sunday