Great Southern Traditional Archery tournament 2007

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

doc

#121 Post by doc » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:06 pm

Sam, congratulations on your mighty effort, and for challenging Scuzz's points leadership. Can you give us a clue who you are in the photos? We'd love to see who won! Cheers:lol: From your new Qld fan club.
Each day is a gift. Enjoy the Present.

hardgainer

#122 Post by hardgainer » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:18 pm

Hey Mick....Talk about your talk about "BEST HAT" what about my denied award for" PRISCILLA QUEEN OF THE FLU FLU'S". :shock: :shock: :shock:

matt_d

#123 Post by matt_d » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:53 pm

Geez looking at those results there are some really great scores shot by many - well done! :D

I reckon Mick's hat should have been up on one of those knights :wink:
Tony that is giving me some disturbing mental images!!! :o

We managed to catch this alleged arrow thief in the act! :lol:
I am sure he was just borrowing it.... :wink:

Cheers,
Matt
Attachments
Gnome arrow.JPG
Gnome arrow.JPG (41.35 KiB) Viewed 3820 times

The Gnome!

#124 Post by The Gnome! » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:46 pm

Sam, congratulations on your mighty effort, and for challenging Scuzz's points leadership. Can you give us a clue who you are in the photos? We'd love to see who won! Cheers:lol: From your new Qld fan club.
Hear you go Doc :D Sam was looking at Scuzz when this was taken :wink:

Gee I never realised that I would be mentioned this much :oops: but that's what happens when you leave a lasting impression :lol: 8)

Scuzza

#125 Post by Scuzza » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:44 pm

I agree Doc, it is awesome to have some competition from a lady :D
and from an awesome chick too! 8)

BigBenno

#126 Post by BigBenno » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:52 pm

G'Day all, thanks for coming to our shoot. we had a ball. if I learn how to I will try to post some more photos from the weekend

Peter

BigBenno

#127 Post by BigBenno » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:53 pm

G'Day all, thanks for coming to our shoot. we had a ball. if I learn how to I will try to post some more photos from the weekend

Peter

Mick Smith

#128 Post by Mick Smith » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:01 pm

Peter

Thanks for having us mate. :wink:

Posting photos is fairly easy to do. First you must reduce the size of the photo on your computer. Make it about 500 pixels wide. Then you make an ordinary post, but before submitting it, press the 'browse' button showing at the bottom of the screen. Select the reduced photo from your pictures on your computer and then press 'open', then all you have to do is submit it and it will come up.

Tony

Here's a good photo of your Priscilla queen of the flu-flus. :wink:

Mick
Attachments
Morwell  Queen of the desert flu-flus.JPG
Morwell Queen of the desert flu-flus.JPG (74.28 KiB) Viewed 3717 times
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

morgan

#129 Post by morgan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:12 pm

Only got to shoot on the sunday morning but every one was raving about the weekend.
Attachments
Len and a handy shot
Len and a handy shot
len 10.jpg (140.28 KiB) Viewed 3593 times
Here is the LMS boys 'hazzar'ing it up
Here is the LMS boys 'hazzar'ing it up
twin city group.jpg (133.75 KiB) Viewed 3593 times
Last edited by morgan on Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived".

PeteF

Great Weekend

#130 Post by PeteF » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:45 pm

Yes, thanks to the Twin City people for organising a brillient shoot. I've never seen anything like it. Had a fantastic weekend and met some great people. It was worth the 2000km ride and the saddle sores from Adelaide.

One of the best parts was the Sunday morning shoot in the rain. Ask any 'drowned rat', it was worth the discomfort to be able to say you'd done it.

I'll definately be there again next year.
I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

after Henry David Thoreau

hardgainer

#131 Post by hardgainer » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:59 am

Thanks Mick...I hope my choice of Fluro's did not distract to many shooters on the line.
Tonny S.

GrahameA

Admin Edit

#132 Post by GrahameA » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:09 am

Morgan

Your photos are not showing and I have no idea why. Try adding them as an an attachment.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Bella

Thanks - Great weekend

#133 Post by Bella » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:33 pm

To all the organisers and the Morwell mob,
Thanks for a fantastically fun weekend. Definitely gained a place in my calendar for next year.
Will try and keep you all posted on any trad stuff up here in Canberra.
Was great fun shooting with you all.
Vive the bent stick - :cry: :cry: mines gone back the bowyer for the crack that came up on the weekend - back to the old take down recurve.
Ciao
Cate

morgan

#134 Post by morgan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:37 pm

Thanks Graham, that did the trick :D
"What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived".

Mick Smith

#135 Post by Mick Smith » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:41 pm

I'd just like to make mention of the fact that our Queensland crew arrived at the venue a day or so early and they were put to work laying out the 3D field course. It's a real pity the rain ruined the second day's shooting as the 3D targets were placed magnificantly.

I was one of the foolhardy 'drowned rats' who ventured out into the rain on Sunday morning to shoot the 30 target field course. Afterall, I wasn't going to drive all that way and miss out on my favourite event.

Little Arrows, Steve, Scrub Bull and Greybeard are maestros when it comes to placing challenging 3D targets. I suppose they should be too, as they seem to spend an inordinate amount of time getting to shoot at them all around the country.

Even though the rain was pouring down and we were literally wading thought water from target to target, I could still appreciate the delicate and thoughtful placing of the targets. They were many shots where you were forced to shoot through tiny gaps in the vegetation. They were other targets where you couldn't see the ground between yourself and the target, making range estimation difficult indeed. All in all, it was a great field course that so far hasn't been given due credit. Thanks guys. :wink:

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

timbow

#136 Post by timbow » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:04 pm

Yes Mick,
the queensland crew arrived thursday ,l was at the club thursday moring and didn,t leave until saturday night only for 6hrs and was back again 7.00 sunday morning until monday arvo.l couldnt get enough of archery,meeting all the new facers and some of the gear was unreal to say the least.
Steve ,Sue,Mark,Darly and l set up the 3d course on friday it took about 4hrs ,thanks guys l couldnt have done it with out you.
Steve,what a top bloke! he carted a wheelbarrow full of targets around for half a day and did not complain once , thats a fare ask for a bloke with a seriousy back injurey.
Next year will be a bit different guys ,there will be plenty of lights outside in the camping area and also some camp fires lit to keep you queensland smokers warm!!!

l hope to get up there next easter to show Steve how to shoot!!!! joke Steve. for 5-6 days or so.

Anyway thanks again guys great to meet you all

See you all next year.

Cheers Tim..

Mike-dy

#137 Post by Mike-dy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:35 pm

Hi Cate,
Hope trhat crack doesn't turn out to be too serious, that was a fine looking bow you were shooting. It was great to meet so many of the names from ozbow and put faces to handles.
Steve J's thread is a great opportunity for all of us to get to know each other just a little more.
I for one had a great time and will remember the experience for a long time.
Cheers,
Mike

doc

#138 Post by doc » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:06 am

Bella
Can you keep me posted regarding any Trad events/shoots in Canberra/South Coast area in 2nd half of December. Being ever hopeful, I'd like to combine a planned visit to the relo's with some opportunistic shooting.
Looking forward to meeting you @ a shoot sometime Cate.
Happy days, til then, ciao. Maura.
Each day is a gift. Enjoy the Present.