Geelong Archers Long bow challenge Mar. 24

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Lochmoy

Geelong Archers Long bow challenge Mar. 24

#1 Post by Lochmoy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:06 pm

Final reminder. Only 3 weeks away and long bowyers are coming from all over. If you would like details post me a message with your email and I'll send you the flyer. Although I think there is a copy of one on a previous thread.
I have taken the path less trod and it has made all the difference

Mick Smith

#2 Post by Mick Smith » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:22 am

Here's the link for the event flyer download ...

http://www.ozbow.net/phpbb2/download.php?id=3902

Yes, not long to go now. The Geelong Longbow Challenge will be the second Victorian traditional only event for the year. It promises to be a memorable day for all longbow enthusiasts.

There's going to be a couple new imaginative and exciting events. There will also be the more usual events such as a challenging 3D animal course together with a standard "King's round".

There will be a BBQ lunch provided for a small fee, as well as plenty of cool drinks.

If you haven't visited the beautiful park like grounds of the Geelong Archers before, you'll certainly be in for a pleasant surprise.

It promises to be a great day for all the family. 8)

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Llwyd The Gray

#3 Post by Llwyd The Gray » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:09 pm

Hi Leigh,

A leaf from your book practice, practice and then more practice. I have even been training with the bow at night, just drawing and letting down. building up the back muscles. It's definatly noticable as you increase in bow poundage the time it takes to settle into a new bow weight and new bow. I have shot a flat limb yew lam for a number of years 52lbs at 28' and only recently moved to a self yew bow 60 at 29' didn't sound like a jump when its in words, but different in reality.
Can't wait to shake hands and compare yarns again. To all my bow-bending buddies a healthy Huzzah from LMS.

Cheers

Lloyd (Llwyd) :lol:
"pluck ye cords of war, thence purvey thy enemy as he trembles in the shafted shadows of death!" - Llwyd the Gray (Crecy 1346)

Lochmoy

Long bow challenge

#4 Post by Lochmoy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:39 pm

Hey Lloyd.

Things are looking up. We are hoping for up to 40 long bowyers but it's anyones guess. I have got enquiries from everywhere.

If we get similar numbers to your event at Leongatha I will know that the calendar is going to work well and there will be many a fine comp. to come.

Glad to hear you are practicing.

Mick Smith

#5 Post by Mick Smith » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:25 pm

Just one week to go. 8)

You don't have to be a member of any club to come. All you need is a longbow and some wooden arrows. You will totally enjoy the day, guaranteed!!!

Drop in and say g'day, even if you don't want to shoot. :wink:

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Len

#6 Post by Len » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:40 pm

Yes, only one week to go ! Like Lloyd I too have been practicing but sadly only in my head !
Hmmmmmmm.............

Lochmoy

Long bow challenge

#7 Post by Lochmoy » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:13 pm

All is in readiness, Barby stoked, score cards and trophies done, targets repaired. All we need now are those pesky archers!

MaylandL

#8 Post by MaylandL » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:24 pm

All the best for the shoot and hope to see lots of pics. Looking forward to the Great Southern Trad Shoot in October and catching up with other trad archers.

Happy shooting all :)
They'll never hit us from this dist....

Mick Smith

#9 Post by Mick Smith » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:03 pm

The Geelong Longbow Challenge is only 5 sleeps off. :shock: I've been practicing like mad, but it's all to no avail. My arrows seem to have minds of their own.

I'm curious, do we have many Ozbower's who will be attending this shoot?

If you're not doing anything this coming weekend, why not drop in and say g'day. Bring your longbow and enjoy yourself or just watch the rest of us make fools of ourselves. It's your choice. :D

If you see a little old bloke with a little white beard, wearing a cut down Akubra, come over and introduce yourself. I'd love to add a few more faces to names. 8)

Hope to see you there. :wink:

Mick