Corrival - Day 2

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

GrahameA

Corrival - Day 2

#1 Post by GrahameA » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi All

Have split the post to assist with the Image download.
Coorival Day 1 - http://www.ozbow.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=34422

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well Day 2 has come and gone.

The first point to note is that it was substantially cooler today - much cooler. The other to note is your correspondent spent more time shooting photos than he did shooting arrows.

Moral of the story - You cannot take photos and participate - How many times have I said that.

Day 2 started off well. Left home 15 minutes earlier and got there 5 minutes later - what happened there.

Todays events were 2 off of each of the following:

Speed shoot - 5 targets and 30 seconds and you could start over again if you had time. Have you any idea how rushed this make a FITA shooter feel. I watched a few people shooting it today. I no longer feel the slightest bit concerned with my fumbling.

Bow-Birds (and Bear) - Hmmmm, how can so many arrows be shot for so little return??

Tower - Glance of the donkey and your arrow goes in the creek. Guess how I know that. The tower was also noticable for the number of noisy Ozbows members whilst I was there.

Running Pig - What can I say but - did not break any arrows today. Woo Hoo!! :shock:

BTW - Just check out how good the "North Albert" shooters look with those shirts.

Okay onto the photos

Chatter, chatter.

Richard (Ozbow)

Darryl (Ozbow)

That's a Damon Howatt "Mamba" bow.

Anna (Ozbow) and thanks again for bringing the book from the UK

Sue aka Little Arrows (Ozbow)

"The Tower"

Bow-Birds

Official Bow-Birds thrower.

A "Bow Bunny" :shock: Note the thrower hiding behind the blind.

A "Heckler" at the Speed round. Has been threatened with having this photo morphed. :shock:

Official Running Pig controller

Even the Lantana flowers were looking good.

Richard about to miss a Bow-Bird. :P

Well that was great Weekend.

Thanks Caboolture. :D :D
Last edited by GrahameA on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Mick Smith

#2 Post by Mick Smith » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:10 pm

Beautiful photos Grahame. 8) Even the flower shot. 8)

Yes the club shirts do look very suave indeed. I think we need some like that for the Geelong Archers. :D It certainly looks like everyone had a ball. :wink:

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Anna

#3 Post by Anna » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:51 pm

A few more pics from the shoot:
Attachments
camping.JPG
camping.JPG (85.3 KiB) Viewed 5713 times
running_pig.JPG
running_pig.JPG (102.2 KiB) Viewed 5716 times
tower.JPG
tower.JPG (65.93 KiB) Viewed 5716 times

Anna

#4 Post by Anna » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:53 pm

And a huge vote of thanks to Gary, Perry, Glenn, Dave and all the others who put the time and energy in to host a great weekend, we all had a ball.

Looking forward to next year!

MaylandL

#5 Post by MaylandL » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:16 pm

Thank you for the very professional pics Grahame and Anna. Definitely wished we could have been there.

Looked like everyone had a great time :)
They'll never hit us from this dist....

perry

#6 Post by perry » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:58 am

Makes a person proud to veiw all the photo's and praise heaped upon us for the Corrival . Cant thank every body enough for coming and suppoting us either
Regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

gary p

corrival 2006

#7 Post by gary p » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:52 am

Hi Grahame thanks for coming to our shoot and taking those great pics [anna as well]I,m pleased everybody had a good time this weekend.this was our 4th corrival and the most sucessfull , 85 shooters, good to see them all here. next year is allready on the drawing board with a few new trick shots to test out your skills .thanks to all who attended we look forward to seeing you all again GAZ.
One crowed hour of glorious life
is worth an age without a name.

Scrub Bull

#8 Post by Scrub Bull » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:04 am

Thanks for great weekend guys. Loved the Cane Toad hope he makes a return for next year.

GrahameA

#9 Post by GrahameA » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:40 am

Hi Anna

Great photo of the camping area. See, I never think to take photos like that. Always after the 'Action' or the 'Art'.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

little arrows

#10 Post by little arrows » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:50 pm

but wait there's more, capturing the Traditional spirit.
Great weekend once again and a huge big thank you to Gary Glenn Dave Perry and all the Caboolture crew. Will be verryyy interesting to see what deviousness they come up with next year......
sue
Attachments
blind shot.jpg
blind shot.jpg (52.21 KiB) Viewed 5619 times
blind shot1.jpg
blind shot1.jpg (52.33 KiB) Viewed 5618 times
flu flus.jpg
flu flus.jpg (56.95 KiB) Viewed 5621 times
more chattering.jpg
more chattering.jpg (70.54 KiB) Viewed 5621 times
pipe shot.jpg
pipe shot.jpg (65.25 KiB) Viewed 5621 times
running pig.jpg
running pig.jpg (68.1 KiB) Viewed 5621 times

The Gnome!

#11 Post by The Gnome! » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:36 am

G"day to one & all,
Thought I'd add to the pics, also a special thanks to all those who put on a terrific shoot, the food was great, as was the conversations & company :D . Hey Janitta how was your formal :lol:. I will be back next year with my daughter so save me a spot. :D
I will add some more pics soon.

Gnome!

The Gnome!

#12 Post by The Gnome! » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:50 am

G'day again hear are the rest of the pics I promissed.

Gnome!

gary p

Corrival

#13 Post by gary p » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:56 pm

Hey gnome its janita i had an awesome time at my formal !!! thanks for remembering.
Love Janita

P.S say hello to everyone for me. :D

Jac

#14 Post by Jac » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:43 am

Hi Guys,

I just had to register, so that I could join in this thread and I'll check out some of the others when I have a minute too.

Just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who came to the shoot on the weekend. This was our biggest and best yet! I had the pleasure of meeting many new people, including the guys from HVTA. Garden Gnome, Towball and Master....it was really great to meet you and the other guys and hope we can catch up again soon. I trust you all had a good trip home. Hey by the way, it was good to see some photos of you actually shooting...I still can't believe you came all that way and hardly shot all weekend!

Thanks for all the photos too Grahame and Anna and everyone else. I had a great laugh at the blackboard photo Gnome. I didn't even notice that you had changed it to "Befive you shoot". I think we'll keep that up there just for prosperity LOL....Should get a few inquisitive questions about that one at our next shoot!!

I have a ton of photos to sort through. Will put them all up on the clubs photo site soon and will let you all know when they are up. In the meantime if you want to check out the scores head over to http://caboolturebowmen.3daaa.com and click on the Scores link.

Thanks again everyone for coming along, and to the guys on the courses for your efforts in putting this shoot on.

Jac
Attachments
Gary deep in thought at the speed round
Gary deep in thought at the speed round
100_5994.jpg (50.01 KiB) Viewed 5429 times
The boys from North Albert
The boys from North Albert
100_5995.jpg (66.9 KiB) Viewed 5429 times
Master, Gnome, Towball and Losty
Master, Gnome, Towball and Losty
100_6003.jpg (79.16 KiB) Viewed 5429 times
The better side of the four musketeers (just kidding guys)
The better side of the four musketeers (just kidding guys)
100_6004.jpg (71.06 KiB) Viewed 5429 times
Waiting for the Flu Flu
Waiting for the Flu Flu
100B5630.jpg (58.73 KiB) Viewed 5429 times
I don't shoot Traditional, but admire those who do

The Gnome!

Corrival shoot

#15 Post by The Gnome! » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:53 am

Hi Jac,

Just want to say welcome to the traditional side & yes we had a safe trip home :D . I love the pics they look great :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Still laughing bout the Be-Five, it will raise some questions :!: it was great meeting you & the family we only hope to see you again real sooooon :!:
I rolled my ankle on sat morn so i had to ingest some pain killing liquid :wink: to make things better :wink: :wink: we will be there next year possibly for both the Turkey & the Corrival :) will even bring a bow for you :P . Once again thanks for having us there & thanks to all who sett the ranges & the canteen guys.

Yours In Archery,

Gnome!

Jac

#16 Post by Jac » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:08 am

:lol: That's a good excuse for not shooting isn't it.....or should I say a good excuse for downing some of the old amber fluid...not that you guys need an excuse I'm sure! :P

Would be great if you can make it to the turkey shoot. Looks like it will be earlier in the year in 2007...possible around March. You can bring me a bow if you like....but you don't seriously expect me to be able to shoot it do you :?:

Juggernaut

#17 Post by Juggernaut » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:39 pm

Gee i only make it in for one day. well for everyone out there. i did go for both days. HAHAHA

good ole Towball wat a laugh.

gary p

#18 Post by gary p » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:38 pm

grandma u r very silly or should i say not funny!!!!!! hows work going ?? :lol:

Jac

#19 Post by Jac » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:24 pm

Well it's taken me a while but I have finally posted the photos that I took at the Traditional Corrival last month. I've got more, but only put up the best of them. To have a look here is the website http://www.picturetrail.com/homepage/caboolture-bowmen Just click on one of the photos on the homepage and it will take you to the whole album

Jacqui