Craft show at the Caboolture Corrival

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

perry

Craft show at the Caboolture Corrival

#1 Post by perry » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:29 pm

The Caboolture Corrival is hosting its first Archery Crafters Guild show on the weekend of 21/22 Oct . We will be awarding Best selfbow / best longbow /best recurve / Best axe or knife / best leatherwork / best set of arrows and a special junior encouragement award .
Bring along all your achery related handcrafts.
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

perry

#2 Post by perry » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:44 am

The first craft show was well received with 7 entrys in 4 catagories. We had support from many other people who were too modest to enter there self made equipment in the show but were more than happy to display there craft . Over the course of the weekend lots of " How do you splice feathers like that" ?, "what ever posessed you to make a bow out of a twisted lump of wood like that, "Check ouy the damascus blade on that knife , I admire those spliced nocks on that set of arrows , isnt that lacing clever on that quiver and a very technical chat about every aspect of crafting bows and arrows until 1.30 am from a very interested member of the public.
Catagory winners were , Best set of arrows-Brian MccLeod
Best Leathercraft-Anna Holingsworth
Best Selfbow-Cliff Turpin
Best Axe/Knife- this was unusaul in it being a cooperative effort between Peter Starl and Neils Thiilen
Junior encouragement award-David Thilen and Simon McKenzie
Thanks everybody and congratulations to all the winners , we will see a bigger and better Archery Crafters Guild show next year at the Corrival
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

GrahameA

#3 Post by GrahameA » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:44 am

Hi Perry

Next year more entries.

The arrows were great.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Mick Smith

#4 Post by Mick Smith » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:31 pm

It's a real pity we didn't get to see any photographs of the crafted goods. I would have loved to see what was there. :cry: :)

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.