WA GET TOGETHER

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

clinglish

WA GET TOGETHER

#1 Post by clinglish » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:04 am

I thought that I would start a new post on this so no one misses it.
A few members are hoping to get together with others from the TBGA site for a Meet N Greet type event.
It's not exclusivley for trad shooters but I don't see that as a problem.
This was originaly suggested by Mudbudan so I hope no one thinks I am taking over ,I just really enjoyed the last one.
At the moment there are a couple of sites ,dates and prefered day's that are under discussion but all imput is welcomed .
The hoddywell range has 3 courses beginer intermidiate and advanced. there is a cafe and barbeque facility's there as well as toilets and and of course the store itself.Ernie is happy for us to use the range but He was after plenty of notice and an idea of numbers .I am happy to shoot the Gleneagles range as well It was a nice spot with beautiful surroundings.
I think we need a bit of consensus on a few point's.
1) Day of shoot Ie Sat or Sun
2) Date
3) Venue

I would prefer a sunday
Possibly the 6th or the 20th of august
I like the Gleneagles course for it's bush surrounds and it's a bit closer
Lets get an Idea of how everyone else feel's.

Cheer's people's
Bowhunting (Hunting for Bows)
Known Carrier of "Fox Bow Fever"

Mububban

#2 Post by Mububban » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:15 am

Sunday the 20th is better for me at the moment. I'd prefer a Saturday as I do my sword fighting on Sunday mornings, but I can skip it for one week and the withdrawal symptoms shouldn't get too bad :shock:

I've never shot at Hoddywell or Gleneagles so I don't mind. I live in Greenwood if anyone wants to carpool, given petrol prices these days.

archangel

wa get together

#3 Post by archangel » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:25 pm

Clingish

Sunday 20 sounds good. I missed the last one so would be keen to get along and meet all of the WA guys. Hoddywell is closer for me but would drive down to Gleneagles if necessary.

MaylandL

#4 Post by MaylandL » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:55 pm

Unfortuately I'm going to be in transit from Jo'berg on that day. Hope you guys have a good time. Lots of pics please...

Happy shooting :)
They'll never hit us from this dist....

clinglish

#5 Post by clinglish » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:47 pm

It's not set in stone yet mayland ,It would be great to catch up with you again so is there a better date for you :?:

MaylandL

#6 Post by MaylandL » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:35 am

clinglish wrote:It's not set in stone yet mayland ,It would be great to catch up with you again so is there a better date for you :?:
G'day

It would be great to get together. Unfortunately, my wife is still recovering fom back surgery and I'm not sure if she will be able to handle a trail course. Best thing I think is to have the shoot on the 20th and we can get to next one.

Happy shooting :)

clinglish

#7 Post by clinglish » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:26 am

Ok so as it stands most are happy with sunday the 20th of august .
I think hoddywells would be the better option.
We need an Idea of numbers .We can meet at the Servo on todyay rd so that we can cut down peoples fuel costs .
If you can post that you want to go and let us know if you want a lift or will take your own car we can get a few things organised.
Cheer's guy's

Chris

#8 Post by Chris » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:13 pm

Count me in. I can get the misses to drop me off somewhere (SHE MUST HAVE THE CAR). So if I can get a life it would be much appreciated. I am happy to pay fuel costs.
Pleas pm me if you can give me a lift.

Chris

Nathan

#9 Post by Nathan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:50 pm

HI Guys. :D
been a observer for quite some time. Great site you all got here. Thought i might make my first ever post. go easy on me.
This WA get together - can anyone attend ? would love to come if i am in perth at the time (work on fly in/out roster) roster is up the creek at the moment so cant give a garentee.

Mububban

#10 Post by Mububban » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:01 am

Which servo exactly? I drive to Gidgegannup semi-regularly but haven't often gone past Gidge.

I live in Greenwood if anyone lives near there and needs a lift or wants to provide one. Otherwise I can meet everyone at the servo.

clinglish

#11 Post by clinglish » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:06 pm

All are welcome If you are a site member and you have a bow and arrows
It's the first servo on Toodyay RD on the right opposite the winery. If we say 9am .
If you need a lift I am in leeming and I can fit 3 others . I will ring ernie Tomorrow and find out range costs I will tel him 10-15 guy's that should cover it.

Mububban

#12 Post by Mububban » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:18 am

Is that the one just near the Roe Highway intersection in Middle Swan?

Sounds good to me, I guess we all rock up there and carpool from there.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (57.82 KiB) Viewed 6186 times

MaylandL

Apologies

#13 Post by MaylandL » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:55 pm

Unfortuately, Anysia and I will have to beg off on this one. Anysia is recovering from a back op and she's not quite ready to be taking walks on uneven ground and I'll be returing from Jo'berg.

Looking forward to the next one though

Have a great day and look forward to some pics :)

clinglish

#14 Post by clinglish » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:08 pm

Spot on Mububban If we get there around 9 ish It's about 40 minute drive out to Hoddywells We will get a round in then have some lunch .I can't wait :D

Mububban

#15 Post by Mububban » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:56 am

Groovy. Let's hope my dozen el cheapo cedar arrows last the day! I'm still waiting for my fletching jig to make my vic ash shafts into actual arrows so I'm stuck using my girlfriend's cheapies.

clinglish

#16 Post by clinglish » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:01 pm

I spoke to ernie today,
We can have one round of the advanced course for $15
Or for $25 we get a half day pass Which means A round on the intermidiate course Break for lunch ,and then do a round on the advanced course .We will also have access to the sighting range and barbequeing facitities. Also for you lefties in trad Ernie just got 4 Good quality Trad bows Traded in so if you are looking for something it might suit.

archangel

wa get-together

#17 Post by archangel » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:44 pm

Clinglish

Good work. I will meet you guys at Hoddywell as I live in York, so will drive straight there - do you reckon you will arrive around 10.00 am?

MaylandL

Sorry you and Anysia are unable to attend, really looked forward to seeing some action with your bows.

clinglish

#18 Post by clinglish » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:55 pm

The plan is at this stage to arrive at Hoddywells at about 10am get set up do a round have lunch then shoot another course then we can shop or use the sighting range if we all take the makings of a barbeque lunch for ourselves then we can have a nice lunch and chat.I am really looking forward to it :D

Mububban

#19 Post by Mububban » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:28 am

Sounds good on all counts. I'll bring some combat archery blunt arrows and some swords to check out as well if you guys are interested.

clinglish

#20 Post by clinglish » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:28 pm

Sounds good I will bring a pile of gear and my Bows with me to .

clinglish

#21 Post by clinglish » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:50 pm

12 days to go :) :) :) :)

Mububban

#22 Post by Mububban » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:25 am

Yeah and I'm down to 7 arrows at the moment coz my girlfriend's cheapies keep breaking and I'm waiting on an order of nocks!

MaylandL

#23 Post by MaylandL » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:17 pm

G'day all

Will be down with the new Avarian. Going to sticking to the intermediate to get my eye in with the new bow and get the feel for it. Given its about 25% more powerful than I normally shoot I'd rather not spend the time looking for arrows on the advanced course.

I'll bring along some forged arrowheads as well that I got from Grozer.

Looking forward to it. See you on the range :)

Mububban

#24 Post by Mububban » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:40 am

Can someone who's been to Hoddywell before let me know how many arrows I'm going to need, and how easy/hard it is to lose or break wooden arrows on their course? I've got 7 but can make up some emergency arrows from scrap parts, but I'd be pushed for time.

Do we all fire at one target , collect arrows then move on, or are there several targets in one location to shoot at?

clinglish

#25 Post by clinglish » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:09 pm

It's a trail type set up so we all shoot then move on to the next one .If the are sufficient numbers we will organise ourselves into smaller groups. I am pretty sure that Mayland is sticking to the Intermidiate course to use His beautiful new Avarian so If a couple of us want to shoot the same course twice I can't see it bring a problem.I will bring a few of my "kick around carbons so if you run short I will lend you some.
I am taking 6 of the first woodies I have ever built, along so I don't want to wreck them on the first day. :wink:
Last edited by clinglish on Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaylandL

#26 Post by MaylandL » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:09 pm

Mububban wrote:Can someone who's been to Hoddywell before let me know how many arrows I'm going to need, and how easy/hard it is to lose or break wooden arrows on their course? I've got 7 but can make up some emergency arrows from scrap parts, but I'd be pushed for time.

Do we all fire at one target , collect arrows then move on, or are there several targets in one location to shoot at?
G'day M

have a look at http://www.hoddywell.com.au/ and follow the link to the rules. Explains it all. As for number of arrows, you are only shooting 3 per target. I'm sticking to the intermediate while I get use to shooting the avarian.

See ya on the range :)

archangel

Arrival time

#27 Post by archangel » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:23 pm

Fellas,

I will probably arrive after 11.00am. If you're still out on the Intermediate round, I'll shoot practice targets until lunch, then join in the afteroon shoot. I'm bringing 6-8 woods, my bamboo longbow and may have a go with the Red Wing I'm looking to buy off MaylandL. Could we bring a few digital cameras and post some pics later?

Looking forward to some good weather and company ... See you there.

Mububban

#28 Post by Mububban » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:13 pm

Forecast is for some showers, hopefully clear at Toodyay.

I've got a digi-SLR, I'll bring that along and will happily share CDs of photos when the day is done. I may judiciously edit out the evidence of my poor shooting but other than that no problems :lol:

Anyone got a video camera? That'll be my next big purchase after Christmas. I'll probably bring the pocket 5mp digi along, it takes half decent movies.

Nathan

#29 Post by Nathan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:22 pm

went up to hodywell last weekend for a look, this is going to be fun.
lost no arrows but did break 2. found those who tried to escape fairly easily.
Ive just got myself a digital aswell which has a movie mode. seems to work ok.- if that is any help. dont have access to a computer and burner at the moment but.(internet cafe) will work something out im sure....

looking foward to meeting you all. :)

archangel

#30 Post by archangel » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:30 pm

Mub & Nathan,

Thanks for the offer of cameras etc. Sounds like there will be at least 6 of us there on Sunday, plus any others who may not have posted here on Ozbow. Does anyone know if Adam is still in Perth?