TRADITIONAL BAREBOW CHALLENGE

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Robert

TRADITIONAL BAREBOW CHALLENGE

#1 Post by Robert » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:11 pm

Traditional Barebow Challenge at the famous Hawkesbury Archery Centre. This venue has not been available for ....years. Don't miss the opportunity. The Barebow Challenge has been run at Liverpool Archers for the past two years. Due to the numbers of archers attending we had to look for a larger venue. The Hawkesbury Archery Centre will be opened for one tournament a year. Don't miss out on the breathtaking views of the Wiseman's Ferry area from each and every target.

July 29th & 30th

I have a small failure, as it would have good to post a flyer here but it is to large for this forum, - now for plan B

Go to http://au.geocities.com/tradarcheryaust/six.htm
where you can view it or download it
Last edited by Robert on Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:24 pm

G'day Robert,

Mate, when is it on and do you have some info on what type od shoot it is etc?

Thanks

Jeff

ubbrd

#3 Post by ubbrd » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:43 pm

G'day Robert. Sounds great. I went to the Hunter Trad Gathering the other week & had a brilliant time, the blokes (& ladies) of the hunter Trad archery are tops. Is this weekend along similar lines? Count me in anyway, these events are too good to miss.
Will you be posting a "mud-map" of how to get there?
See you at the event.
ubbrd.

danceswithdingoes

#4 Post by danceswithdingoes » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:38 pm

Robert, what society membership is required please?
ImageImage

Trad

Traditional Barebow Challenge

#5 Post by Trad » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:56 am

Dances W W,

The Trad Barebow Challenge is in its third year now. It started as an inter club shoot with HVTA and Liverpool Archers (Liverpool Sydney). It has now developed into a large enough shoot that we had to find another home for it. I was lucky enough to meet Rob McKenzie a few years ago and visited his lovely property in Wisemans Ferry. After lots of discussion he agreed to run the shoot at his place.

To answer your question, it is a fully sponsored TAA event. HVTA have been kind enough to run it under the HVTA banner. It is an away from home HVTA event. Thank you HVTA.

All are welcome as HVTA are a stand alone club. AA, 3DAAA, ABA and people that are not members of any governing body are welcome to attend. ALL WELCOME BUT NO WHEELS ALLOWED. If you don't have a real bow we will find one for you.

Alum. and carb. arrows can be used, but: there is a special prize for archers that use the real thing, woods. highest score recurve, longbow and primitive bow.

There will be two short 10 target field courses. One with paper targets the other with paper animal faces.

The Saturday will be the only 100 yrd (Short York) target event run that I know of. Bow bird, speed round and Clout (Wand Shoot).

Check out the flier and please advise Rob mcKenzie of numbers and your needs asap for catering purposes.

I hope to see you all there.

Uncle Les
TAA Director

Robert

#6 Post by Robert » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:41 pm

Here is a basic version of our flyer
Attachments
Traditional Barebow Challenge.doc
(35 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

danceswithdingoes

#7 Post by danceswithdingoes » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:05 pm

Thanks "Uncle Les" :lol:
ImageImage

danceswithdingoes

#8 Post by danceswithdingoes » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:43 pm

How are numbers looking?
ImageImage

Trad

#9 Post by Trad » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:30 am

Dances W D and other interested parties,

As of yesterday there are about 30 archers confirmed. Trads coming from Bega and West of Sydney.

You know what trads are like, show up at the last minute. Because they know they will always be welcome! The weather forecast is looking good.

The raffle prizes will be fantastic! just had a little peek, knives, quiver (Real Leather back Q) arm guards, broadheads etc, etc. also a crock? of port!

Just spoken to the chef and the menu sounds even better!

Give Rob a call and book your spot on the shooting line! 02 45664386

Dont forget, your only chance to shoot an Aussie York Shoot! Thats 100Y for male archers! thats what compound sighted target archers shoot. Lets show the Wheel Mob that our trad bows are the go! Can you hit the target at 100Y ? Proove it! see you at the Trad Barebow Challenge this week end.

Regards,

Uncle Les

ubbrd

Traditional Barebow Challenge

#10 Post by ubbrd » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:48 pm

G'day Uncle Les & Rob. What a brilliant weekend at Wisemans Ferry. great weather & great venue. To all those traditional barebow archers who didn't attend you missed a magnificent event.
The field shoot was set up on the hill amongst the trees & rocks & I only busted one arrow. I busted one on the running pig as well.
The humour around the campfire on Friday & Saturday nights was worth the trip alone.
Thanks to rob & Les for all your efforts in putting the event on, I'll definitely be at next years Challenge.
Camo Max.