NATIONAL TRADITIONAL SHOOT for 2007

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Mick Smith

#31 Post by Mick Smith » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:10 pm

First of all, let me say that I'm relatively new to competitive shooting. I have no prior knowledge of any politics which may have already influenced or even marred the unity of competitive traditional archers in this country.

It does seem very sad to me, as Jeff has said, that major traditional shoots may have been purposefully held at the same time as other traditional shoots. I simply can't understand why this would be so, when we have so many weekends and long weekends to choose from. It really is time we got our act together.

As far as having the national event at the same venue, year after year is concerned, I can see little merit in it. I much prefer the already mooted, idea of a rotating event. This would allow traditional archers of limited means, such as youths, children and people generally of limited financial resources, to attend a fair dinkum national shoot near there home, at least once in a while. The really keen competitive shooters will travel anyway, as they have done so, so frequently in the past. It just seems a fairer proposition to me.

We need a neutral body such as TAA to co-ordinate the dates and places for these events so they don't clash and so there's not, say, two events held close together in the same state and in the same month, for example. The events should be equally spaced out in a logical and convenient way to maximize the probability of the maximum number of people to attend. Those people attending should then have enough time to organize themselves for the next big event, and so on.

There's just no room for big heads or oversized egos. We simply want a simple job done right for the overall betterment of traditional archery. We deserve nothing less.

Just my two bob's worth, for whatever that's worth.

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Lochmoy

National Traditional Shoot.

#32 Post by Lochmoy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:59 pm

I agree with Mick,

Very wise and thoughtful words.

In defference to the Gladstones heritage I advocate that the Traditional Archery Australian Championships be firstly held there. The date is of secondary importance.

However, as traditional archery continues to grow in strength around the country as it is doing. (e.g. In Victoria I will be co-ordinating up to 6 comps around the State in 2007 (good hey Mick) where this year there was only one!) there will need to be a rotating championship in other parts of the country.

I am a clean skin to this activity and I wish to embrace it but nothing puts me off more than politics.

Maybe we are not ready for a National shoot if there are so many insurmountable problems. Maybe we should concentrate on strengthening our own State efforts and then come together at a later date but to always have to travel up North would in the long run be unfair.

When I first joined Geelong I was the only traditional archery. I suffered enormous pressure for being different then more came and the older compounders did not like the change one bit. Now the trad bowyers outnumber all other bows put together 2 to 1.

You can't stop change if it is meant to happen. The compounders are still there. The world did not end.

So lets put differences behind us and ride the wave forward together.

Both camps must give. A suggestion might be that Hunter Valley gives up the long weekend in June and the Gladstone mob give up their claim of theirs always being the "National Shoot"

Now there's a challenge you can both rise too!! Way Hey! and goodluck! [/b]
I have taken the path less trod and it has made all the difference

Buford

#33 Post by Buford » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:38 am

Just like Mick, until now I have had no prior knowledge of the origins or history of these shoots, but now thanks to Jeff's post I do.

The one thought that keeps going through my head though is what the organizers of the Gladstone shoot might think at the prospect of their event changing in this way.

Honestly, If it were me, I would feel like a newly created traditional body was intending to take control of a shoot that they had to work hard to get/ continue running, and move it all over the place.

If the people running the Gladstone event do/ have sat down with TAA and are working towards a common goal, great. But I think it would be wrong of TAA to disregard their shoot and create another event claiming to be the national shoot. That would p@#s me off something fearful and I would assume there would be allot of followers and friends of that shoot that would feel the same.

just my $0.02.

Matt
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

Lochmoy

#34 Post by Lochmoy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:42 pm

I agree with Buford,

The Gladstone event must be recognised for it's long history and TAA must be in full communication with everyone who's big in trad. archery. I still maintain however that at some point other States need to be given a go at hosting an event called the Australian Traditional Archery Championships. The word "Championship" can distinguish itself from National Shoot.

Gladstone can still call its shoot the National shoot but the recognised championship can be roving. One year it can be part of Gladstone, the next year elsewhere and Gladstone still has it's National shoot. I know it's playing with words but it might be enough so that noone feels their territory is being taken from them. Another idea might be for a Championship once every 2 or 4 years. Making it something really special and huge! Where everyone kicks in and helps and come from all over the world.

This works at the re-enactment Battle of Hastings in England. They have a yearly event but every 4 years they have the big one and 2000 people turn up as they know its THE BIG ONE.

As this is a big country and very expensive to travel around I think this idea has merit. Imagine international coming and shooting in large numbers. Not just one from Europe and a few from NZ.

Imagine a tournament with over 1000 archers!!!!!

"Together we stand, divided we fall"

Mick Smith

#35 Post by Mick Smith » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:05 pm

I don’t want to get bogged down in a heated discussion regarding the merits of having a “National Traditional Shoot” as a static event, or whether or not the event should be held each year at Gladstone. Personally, it doesn’t worry me that much. I will still attend the big shoots of my choice and I will almost certainly “have a ball” wherever I decide to go.

If on the other hand, however, I happened to be a highly competitive person, I might end up getting rather annoyed at having to travel the extreme distances each year to compete at the “Australian National Traditional Shoot”. I’ve just had a look at my atlas and Gladstone is even further north than I remembered. It’s just south of Rockhampton. It really is a long way from anywhere.

Travelling to Gladstone each year might be fine for our “well healed” competitors, who have the resources to “jet” in for the long weekend and stay at a flash motel and still have enough money left over to hire a car to travel backwards and forwards to the event, but for the more fiscally deprived competitors these options are, of course, simply not possible. Why couldn’t these competitors simply camp at the venue?, you might say. I would defy anyone you might try to tell me that it would be reasonable to lug, not only all your archery gear on the jet, but also the bulky camping gear necessary to be at least half comfortable. It’s just not possible. Many people would much prefer to drive their car to the event. Unfortunately the long, long drive to Gladstone would be simply too daunting for most of us to even attempt it.

Personally, I believe a lot of the magic of attending a really big shoot would have to lay in the convivial closeness that camping on site must generate. The benefits of camping on site shouldn’t be overlooked. Night time activities would be certain to be all the more enjoyable when you don’t have to worry about “driving under the influence”. It’s more than that though, when you’ve shooting all day, there’s little time for “gas bagging” with your new found mates. What better place for a good old fashioned get together than around a roaring campfire? This whole scenario requires people predominately to travel to the shoot in their vehicles, bringing their camping gear with them. What with the current prices of petrol, distances need to be minimised as much as possible.

I believe that if we decide to have a “static” National Traditional Shoot”, logic must dictate that the event be held at a location that would allow the maximum number of competitors to be able to drive their vehicles to it. The event should be held somewhere near the New South Wales and Queensland border.

If on the other hand, we opt for a “rotating” “National Traditional Shoot”, having to drive long distances or fall back on expensive fly-in, fly-out exercises, wouldn’t present as much of a problem, as it would only be for that year. The next year the event might be in your home state and the costs of attending would be minimal. I strongly reaffirm my preference for this option, but as I said at the beginning of this post it doesn’t worry me personally. I’m far more concerned about the overall success of all future events and maintaining the ongoing upsurge in the popularity of traditional archery and getting our “act” as well organised as humanly possible.

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

little arrows

#36 Post by little arrows » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:12 pm

Hey All
5 of us rocked up to the Geelong shoot, flying from Queensland, and had a great time. We all stayed in 1 motel room (rather cosy you could say), and we caught a cab from the airport, but at the shoots we normally attend, being North Albert, Caboolture and Gladstone we always camp on site, with all meals provided by the club. That's the key - the club - it's club member that make the difference. The grounds are larger, they have the targets etc. To hold a large shoot you need ground and facilities. I haven't been the to Hunter Valley Muster, because it does clash with Gladstone and Steve does the arrow judging at Gladstone, which is a continuation from the Longbow Muster.
Perhaps we should forget the title of the shoots being "National" or "Championships" (most of us don't care about the trophies anyway) it's the comradery. I think what we all want is just one big TRAD shoot in a different state every year, and more TRAD shoots in every state. Lets just forget the names, the state versus state, and country versus country and just enjoy our evey growing Tradition.
sue

Lochmoy

#37 Post by Lochmoy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:46 pm

OK, I have expended enough time on this topic except for one last comment.

This might surprise people but I am one of those who like to compete and dare I say it, like to win. Also I really don't like camping. That doesn't mean I don't want to gasbag. Far from it but everyone comes to these things with different desires in mind and that's OK.

One can still compete and do it in a friendly manner and be recognised by your peers as a person with skill. It does not have to be as serious as target archery by its still a skill.

Anyway, what did people think of my once every 4 years BIG COMP which could attract overseas participants?

fletcher

#38 Post by fletcher » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:36 pm

Thanks Lochmoy I might get to go to only 2 BIG COMPS in my lifetime. Lifes too short to plan that far ahead.

Mick Smith

#39 Post by Mick Smith » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:34 am

I too have just about run out of steam on this subject. I suppose if I could shoot better, I might start thinking about the possibility being a winner one day, but by nature, I'm really the antipathy of a serious competitor.

I don't believe that camping on site is essential for a good shoot, I view it more like "the cream on top", as in, it might make a great shoot just that little bit better for some people. The Geelong shoot was truly fantastic without the camping (thanks Leigh and gang!). 8)

As far as having a really big shoot every four years is concerned, I like the concept. I can't see how you would pull it off though. In order to make it bigger you would have to offer something extra to entice the additional archers to attend. Just by saying, "OK people, this is the fourth national shoot, therefore more people must come.", won't achieve the desired effect. I'd like every year to be a truly major event with as many people in attendance as possible, including overseas guests. As you start to get older, you tend to look less into the far future, as you begin to dislike what you foresee. I'm more into living for the moment.

Mick

MaylandL

#40 Post by MaylandL » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:06 pm

Mick Smith wrote:...If on the other hand, we opt for a “rotating” “National Traditional Shoot”, having to drive long distances or fall back on expensive fly-in, fly-out exercises, wouldn’t present as much of a problem, as it would only be for that year. The next year the event might be in your home state and the costs of attending would be minimal. I strongly reaffirm my preference for this option, but as I said at the beginning of this post it doesn’t worry me personally. I’m far more concerned about the overall success of all future events and maintaining the ongoing upsurge in the popularity of traditional archery and getting our “act” as well organised as humanly possible.
Being on the west coast, travelling to trad shoots is somewhat of a logistical challenge. There's flights, accommodation, car hire, getting maps for getting to the venue etc, irrespective of where on the east coast it is held. All of this comes with an expense. So we tend to be very selective about the event that we wish to attend. Ultimately, the expense means we probably only attend one, unfortunately.

Anysia and I chose the Geelong shoot because it fit in with our schedule and since we were going to be in Melb during that time why not fling some arrows with some like minded people.
Little Arrows wrote:...Perhaps we should forget the title of the shoots being "National" or "Championships" (most of us don't care about the trophies anyway) it's the comradery. I think what we all want is just one big TRAD shoot in a different state every year, and more TRAD shoots in every state. Lets just forget the names, the state versus state, and country versus country and just enjoy our evey growing Tradition. ..."
For me the competitive aspect is about competing with myself in terms of improving my score, not necessarily where I place. I and Anysia had no expectation of that in Geelong. We were very pleased with our performance at Geelong given it was the first tourney we attended and we were using new bows. The best part of the Geelong shoot was meeting other trad archers, sharing "war stories", discussing various topics on trad archery and learning from each other. From that perspective, Geelong Archers should be highly commended for organising such an event. Its also wonderful to see how these events cater for the different reasons why people attend and was certainly evident at Geelong. Irrespective of the whether you like to compete or attend to spend time with other trad archers etc, as long as you have fun, I think that the main thing.

I think Trad Archery Australia, if it wants to promote harmonius community of traditional archers, will need to look at the this issue about an Australian "championship" if that is the direction that trad archers want to move in. Perhaps coordination, cooperation and collaboration is the answer. I would hate to see this wonderful community get fragmented over naming rights. What is wonderful to see is the number of trad archery events. Its just a shame we cant get to more of them.

Having said all this, having a national trad shoot in WA in the future would be wonderful. At the moment, Australian Society of WA (ASWA) reps are not being very communicative :roll: and I have to deal with them because the most appropriate venue (Archery park in Whiteman Park) is run by them.

Happy shooting all and hope to see you guys on the shooting line next year :)
They'll never hit us from this dist....

stickbender

#41 Post by stickbender » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:56 pm

Hi all

As I am the president of the Gladstone bowhunters I think it is about time I put something together for this thread. As I have been watching this thread since the start.

6 weeks before the 11th longbow muster I received a phone call from Jeff that the muster was not on due to his illness and other problems I was in shock but then I got on the phone to 2 other Gladstone members and we decided that we would try and keep the muster going, so after 4 hrs I phoned Jeff back and asked what he had planned for the shoot and that the 3 of us would go down to Tiaro and set up the muster as we were so strong about this shoot as you all know the 11th muster went ahead but as the muster ground was private property and things had changed the muster was no longer able to be held at Tiaro.

I was one of the 3 Gladstone members that went down to help with the final years of the longbow muster at Tiaro then the bomb shell hit that the muster would not be held at Tiaro. After the 11th year, the 3 of us pushed to keep the muster alive so we took it back to the club to see if the muster could be held at the Gladstone club, so the muster went ahead but with the inclusion of recurves and the name changed to the Australian Longbow & Recurve Muster, this was sanctioned by the national body.

The following year we asked the national body to sanction the shoot but we were told that it was ‘once only time’. We told them we would still hold the muster with or without the national bodies support, so we had to go an independent club and we have copped a lot of flack for doing this but this is how strong we feel about the muster

As Jeff has said I think we deserve the right to hold and be recognized as the Australian Longbow and Recurve Muster by TAA. TAA have not contacted us to see if we would think of coming into TAA and giving up our shoot.

The Gladstone club is celebrating 40 years next year and planning to celebrate this achievement at next years muster. So whatever the outcome of this, Gladstone Club will be holding the Australian Longbow & Recurve Muster on the June long weekend in 2007

FORRO

#42 Post by FORRO » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:04 pm

Hi Paul
Well SPOKEN// in the heart of a lot of LONGBOW and RECURVE shooters
GLADSTONE Q.L.D. will be always be known as the AUSTRALIA LONGBOW
AND RECURVE MUSTER,
Keith

perry

#43 Post by perry » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:42 pm

Quite a hornets nest this one- ouch!. As a queenslander I only attended 1 longbow muster at Tiaro, drove up for 1 day only as I have the privilage of my oldest daughters birthday falling on or about that weekend- spewin!
This year my eldest had her birthday celebrations the weekend before and I chose to go to Newcastle on advise from mates who said my little nitch in trad archery is better represented down there. Love my selfbows and primitive tackle
They also said the Gladstone shoot was a ripper as well.Im well aware of the historys behind Gladestones and the Hunter Valleys Trad shoots and with 32 years in the game well aware of how controvercy follows gentlemen in both camps.
Personallly I cant afford to go to every Trad shoot and likely will only attend Cabooltures/ North Alberts and 1 away shoot like Tully/ Gladestone Newcatle a year. For this reason I favour rotating the shoot when it eventuates.
A dept of thanks is owed to all who had the forsite to begin the Australian longbow and recurve muster and also to the individuals who began ABA despite the tangent they went down.TAA and the Crafters Guild are also too be thanked for what they are trying to do[a few of the same individuals had a hand in the beginnings of both Aba and TAA I might add]- come on fella;s Were all on the same side- lets all work together ARCHERY IS BIGGER THAN ALL OF US
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#44 Post by greybeard » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:46 pm

Hi,
To add some finer detail to the history lesson North Albert Field Archers Inc hosted their first Queensland Traditional Bowhunters Rendezvous on the June weekend the following year after the final Longbow Muster.
Hunter Valley also started “The Gathering”. (I don’t think ‘sadly’ is an appropriate word given the timing.) as Gladstone Bowhunters traditional shoots were held later in the year.
The organizers of the Queensland Traditional Bowhunters Rendezvous were approached by Keith Jacobs (Gladstone) and some of their members indicating that they wished to move their traditional shoot to an earlier time frame, their main reason being that the climate in Gladstone in the latter part of the year was uncomfortable. After several discussions North Albert agreed to move their shoot forward to the Easter long weekend and that Gladstone would move into the June weekend in 2003.

When initially contacted by TAA regarding a National traditional shoot I sort of warmed to the idea but after more thought I came to the obvious conclusion why disrupt state traditional shoots that are running successfully.
If TAA want to promote a National shoot maybe they should consult a calendar and find alternative dates.
As far as naming rights or whatever goes I think that most trad shooter don’t really care and more importantly they don’t want to be over organized.
For those who are interested I believe there will be representation from TAA at the Caboolture Corrival so why not come along and have some input to the discussions.

Daryl.

trish

#45 Post by trish » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:11 pm

Hi all traditional shooters.

I'm goin' to put my 2c in.

Just keep things the way they are, you can't please everyone.

There are not enough hours in a day or year to add more trad shoots, and as someone said earlier in this post, YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE
and naturally, yes, alot of shooters have to take holidays.

Everyone is happy with the way things are now, too bad if they are on the June Long Weekend.

"Get over it, build a bridge."

There I've had my say.

Trish. :lol:

dazza

Traditional Archery in Aust.

#46 Post by dazza » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:20 pm

My two bob's worth!
For about 12 months I have been trying to get some body interested in co-ordinating Trad events around at least eastern Aust. In the end, I found Traditional Archery Australia, and became a Foundation Member. I encouraged others of my acquaintance to join also, and some did. One at least sent personal details to Nick Lintern for entry to the Crafters' Guild web site, and paid his extra $25.
Now almost 12 months later, there was one only Newsletter issued last November, nothing since, and my mate's entry to the Crafters guild web site has never appeared.
He was also never contacted re his entry. The only entry seen is Nick Lintern's!
I attended the Hunter Gathering and spoke with Nick Lintern, Simpson and the web master, asking if they were ever going to give some information to paid up members on their intentions. I was brushed of with "We are busy people, and do not have the time".
I also wrote emails, and got an offer to accept my resignation from TAA, if I was not happy! I declined at the time, but I see no reason whatsoever to renew. Nor do any of my friends.
Surely if any body accepts money for membership, they must provide some visible show of their activities, some indication that they are still alive and just not spending your money on perhaps personal travel.
I see that they do indeed do a lot of travelling, presumably accepting money for Memberships and badges, stickers etc. Does anyone else ever ask them just what they are offering Trad shooters? And how long before they actually notify members of activities?? Just how long before they can get an act together.
I met up with fellow shooters from southern NSW at the Hunter, and in the end they were totally ****** of with the organisation and happenings of that weekend, and despite the fact that some of them have been attending for years, they are unlikely to attend again!
Almost continuous rain did put a dampener on activities, but the major dampener was some over-zealous officials, who acted like traffic wardens. General shoot time was severely curtailed, due possibly to insurance restrictions, but it made for unhappy shooters, who in previous years had been able to get together a group of friends and have a round when the thought took them. I do not know the answer to this, but it does make one think that the bigger the event, the more restrictions on shooters may be required, or at least enforced.
The more competitive the shoot, the more rules, the more restrictions, the less free and easy. Highly competitive archery and casual free shooting do NOT go together.
I have only ever attended one Longbow Muster, at Tiaro in 1997, but I did find it less restrictive on shooters than the Gathering! It was much more fun as far as I was concerned. Maybe things have changed there also.
I did ask about the setting of the Gathering on the same weekend as the Gladstone event, but got a nonsense answer. I did sense some antipathy.
We do need a National Body to co-ordinate Traditional Archery, very badly, as despite my endeavours and exhortions, ABA refuses to contemplate such a thing, but....I do NOT think that TAA is going to be the body that answers our demands. They are too busy!!!!
Dazza

Anysia

#47 Post by Anysia » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:08 pm

perry wrote:, If I cop one more disrespectfull or snide stick comment it wont be pretty.
Regards Perry
Oh I hear this only too well and too often. Just this past Sunday, I got a snide commentary "There's something wrong with your bow."

I look at it, nothing amiss "What?"

"It has no wheels and pulleys."

I smiled sweetly and said "No, I outgrew the training wheels a long time ago."

:lol:
Never argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with their experience.
"You're only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely!" .. Ogden Nash

The Gnome!

traditional archery

#48 Post by The Gnome! » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:29 am

Hi to all,
As the New President of Hunter Valley Traditional Archers Inc.
I would like to say I'm sorry to hear your thoughts Dazza on the Gathering 2006, & yes it was a bit wet this year. I can only hope it will be better next year. We are only trying to make the shoot run as smooth as possible. We would apreciate any imput that you all as guests to The Gathering wolud give, be it by e-mail, phone, a leter, or even fax. As for my thoughts on a National shoot you are all welcome to pick my brain at the upcoming Cabulture Corrival as myself & others from H.V.T.A. will be there, along with the TAA reps.

Yours In Archery,
Gnome!

GrahameA

#49 Post by GrahameA » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:03 pm

Anysia

Hmm.... I have just the reply for this sort of stuff
Oh I hear this only too well and too often. Just this past Sunday, I got a snide commentary "There's something wrong with your bow."

I look at it, nothing amiss "What?"

"It has no wheels and pulleys."

I smiled sweetly and said "No, I outgrew the training wheels a long time ago."
Get a WARF

Then you can explain to them how you saved the bow and returned it from the "Dark Side". :D
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Kiwikelvin

#50 Post by Kiwikelvin » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:16 am

Hi Stickbender, Keep that Muster in full swing you will continue to have Kiwi support. The Trans Tasman Archery "Bledisloe Cup" equivalent is too good an event to see it stuffed up by ego's and personally motivated objectives which are not meeting Trad. Archery best interests. From past experience formal organisations are a recipie for people sitting on their butts pontificating and failing to deliver. Full marks to Gladestone for past and future efforts. To other groups go for it in the best interests of Trad. Archery just exercise a little commonsense, negate the obvious existing clashes ( someone has to be mature enough to change and if you weren't first up guess who that is) Paul love to discuss with you the events, both sides of the ditch, for 2007 and see what we can do to grow the exchange further. For other Trad. organisers it's not always convenient for Kiwis to make it to Gladstone so details of your shoots would be appreciated, we might just add a little spice to your shoot as well. It is as cheap for Kiwis to cross the ditch as fly between the Nth and Sth Islands archer@nzarchery.com
Don't be in a hurry to get nothing- adopt the pace of nature remember her secret is patience

Buford

#51 Post by Buford » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:52 pm

We would apreciate any imput that you all as guests to The Gathering wolud give, be it by e-mail, phone, a leter, or even fax.
Free booze to go with the free friday night feed?? :D
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

perry

#52 Post by perry » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:40 am

Dazza were we at the same shoot! , this years Gathering was the best shoot I have ever attended , I was like a kid in a candy store , there was so much to see and do ,there where no delays or restrictions or over zealous officials, the wet weather only gave people an opportunity to get together and socialise even more . I reckon theres a point or two in your attack on TAA , the newsletters have been slow, Those fella's are indeed busy men - they have family's and jobs .I also wonder if your disgracefull suggestion of misapropriation of funds has any place on a forum -Get back and talk to these gents dont spit the dummy
Stop the political rubbish Traditional Achery is bigger than all of us
Regards and happy shooting Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin