Traditional Comp. Geelong Victoria, date change

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Lochmoy

Traditional Comp. Geelong Victoria, date change

#1 Post by Lochmoy » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:55 pm

Due to popular demand from traditional archers "up North" and that our date corressponded too closely to Gladstone and the Hunter Valley comps. The Great Southern Traditional Archery Competition to be held at Geelong has been rescheduled to:

September the 2nd and 3rd, 2006

We are still working on a package. Should be ready in a month but please if you wish to come contact me. If you have posted a reply on any previous discussions since this was first posted, I'll also send you something. So stay tuned.
I have taken the path less trod and it has made all the difference

gaz

trad shoot

#2 Post by gaz » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:54 am

hey good move, there is 6 of us here [ tradies that is ] in our club going to the gathering in june and now you changed your weekend i`l try and talk them in to going to your shoot .we were going to the shoot at hanging rock in october but would rather go to a trad shoot over a straight 3d comp any day.keep us informed see you there GAZ. :D

little arrows

#3 Post by little arrows » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:03 am

Hey Gaz,
we're going too. Caboolture will be well represented, we're looking at flying out of Brisbane.
will catch up with you at North Albert.
sue

Trad

Vic. Trad. Shoot

#4 Post by Trad » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:30 pm

Lockmoy,

Now were talking. No longer small shoots within states. We are all talking about travelling to each others shoots. QLD, NSW and Vic.

Trads are out there!

Count on a group from TAA, NSW. We are coming.

See you at the AA nationals, talk then.

On the way back to Sydney we will be meeting up with Trads from Bega. Will see if we can pick them up on the way down to your shoot.

All the best

Trad (Uncle Les)

Check out our website for more shoots
http://au.geocities.com/tradarcheryaust

erron

#5 Post by erron » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:31 pm

Trad, I added a 'htttp:" to the link you supplied to get it to be clickable, hope that's okay.

And I agree with the others about large gatherings and Traddies combining. Reminds me of that moment in the film "Battle of Britain" when all the Spitfires line up in a "Big Wing" and one of the pilots yells "I see 'em, bloody marvellous :!: "

:P :P :P

Cheers,

Erron

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#6 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:49 pm

Now were talking. No longer small shoots within states. We are all talking about travelling to each others shoots. QLD, NSW and Vic.
If only this was the case. :?

Two of the biggest Trad shoots in the country, 'The Gathering' in NSW and 'The Australian Longbow and Recurve Muster' in QLD take place on the same weekend. Disappointing to see IMO.

Jeff

Robert

#7 Post by Robert » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:46 pm

What is solution do you have to solve the clashing dates ?

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#8 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:48 pm

Robert,

The best thing would have been not to have them on the same date in the first place but this was dismissed at the beginning.

So, all that is left is that they be put on different wekends if people want to travel to each State shoot as was suggested above.

Another idea is to perhaps make one big national Trad get together each year but have alternating venues in different States so that as many people as possible can plan to attend. This would also mean that each year different people would have the long distances to travel.

Jeff

little arrows

#9 Post by little arrows » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:15 pm

we couldn't agree more Jeff, that would be another shoot to go to........
yah for Trad.
sue

Buford

#10 Post by Buford » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:25 pm

What we need is more long weekends! :D

ok, i'll shut up now....... :oops:
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

Trad

#11 Post by Trad » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:00 am

Thanks Erron for the htttp bizo, I'll get the hang of it soon.

Wouldn't it be great to have all our shoots on different dates, we could travel and shoot to our hearts content. We're talking about it, that's a good start.

After our commitments to the shoot out with the Tully gang and all other QLD archers willing to take up the challenge at the NSW Gathering in June we will be heading up north next June if they will have us? (See our website for details). We might have to miss the Gathering for a year! is that so bad?

Just a thought, one BIG shoot for all! Yes we can do it! it will take time to organise! We need strong commitment from all states. They need to have trad shoots internally, yes the dates might clash.

Communication, understanding and focus on the goal, (One Big National Shoot). Why, for the competition, I don't think so? To watch those arrows fly, good friends around the camp fire and discussions late into the night about flat bows, long bows, POC, scotts pine, knives, leather etc.

Nationals could rotate from state to state? what are your thoughts?

Uncle Les

gaz

trad shoot

#12 Post by gaz » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:53 am

yes uncle, i agree the only way a national shoot can work year after year is to rotate from state to state. otherwise the people who travel the longest would get cheezed off and it would end up a state comp[what ever state was holding the shoot].does anyone know how many trad shooters we have in australia? or how many would attend a national shoot?i for one cant wait.GAZ.

aroadik

traditional comp.geelong victoria,date change.

#13 Post by aroadik » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:13 pm

a pity the outer states do not know about these comps. i and a mate had the time of our archery lives when we attended the '98 longbow muster, which was advertised extensively, and encouraged by jeff. eg. w.a.etc.

Lochmoy

Great Southern shoot

#14 Post by Lochmoy » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:35 am

Great to here such positive replies to our Trad shoot in Geelong from our Northern cousins. Planning is being finalised. This week we are trying out a couple of the events to make sure they are sufficiently challenging and interesting. Sorry for any delays.

Cheers
I have taken the path less trod and it has made all the difference