The Victorian High Country Hunt - 1-3 October 2005

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Mick Smith

#271 Post by Mick Smith » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:35 pm

If Woody is coming to the next hunt, I vote we make him chief cook. 8) :D Man, that bloke knows how to look after himself in camp. I've never seen a more organised camp. I think we all learnt something from him, everything from the perfect campfire to fried fruitcake with custard. Yum.

On the subject of the venue for next years Ozbow Hunt. Erron's suggestion has some merit.

We might be able to negotiate a special deal with the landowner. Some advantages with this concept might be, we could choose the location of the property (within reason), ensuring a centrally located site and of course, no single member would have to take responsibility if the property was poached at a later time and if we're lucky, there would be some game for the taking, hopefully.

I know many of us are dead set against paying to access properties. I don't see it as a particularly bad thing and it may be the only way for us to have an outback hunt all together. I reckon we could negotiate a deal whereby we individually pay $20 per person per day. You'd pay three times that much in fuel alone to reach any hunting location, whether it be a state forest or private property. Personally I'd be happy to pay this piddling amount. If we held the hunt on a typically huge western property, there would be plenty of room for everyone without us getting in each others way.

It definitely worth considering, IMO. :D

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

huntress

#272 Post by huntress » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:44 pm

:D hi guys rudd and woody came back happy but weary ,i am sure they would do it again ,you can;t beat good company even if the games scarce a vb a good fire and a good feed thrown in you have heaven. :D :D :D :D

erron

#273 Post by erron » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:54 pm

Hey that's good to hear, Huntress. Look after that Rudd, he's a good'un! Maybe see you on one of these hunts one day?

cheers,

Erron

Mick Smith

#274 Post by Mick Smith » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:58 pm

Well, I just got my roll of film from the VHCH developed today. I've scanned them and reduced them. In the past the quality suffers drastically as a result of this process. They might be worth a look though.

The first one is was taken in camp. From left to right, we have Ian, Woody, Memo, Sparra and Erron in the background. This was Woody's camp.

Mick
Attachments
VHCH.jpg
VHCH.jpg (49.77 KiB) Viewed 3415 times
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Mick Smith

#275 Post by Mick Smith » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:01 pm

The second photo was taken at the High Country hut, up high in the mountains on the Sunday morning.

From left to right we have Erron, Jindy and Sparra.
Attachments
VHCH 2.jpg
VHCH 2.jpg (67.88 KiB) Viewed 3414 times

Mick Smith

#276 Post by Mick Smith » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:03 pm

And lastly here's one of Erron and I at the hut.

Mick
Attachments
VHCH 3.jpg
VHCH 3.jpg (85.47 KiB) Viewed 3410 times

Mick Smith

#277 Post by Mick Smith » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:05 pm

Gee, that last one looks almost as if it's straight from Legoland. :?

I gotta get me a digital camera. :cry:

If was truly a great weekend fellas. 8)

Mick

Sparra

#278 Post by Sparra » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:14 pm

Gaday Mick...If you hadn't of snuck off to bed so early on Saturday night you could have got one of Erron full of port,wine and bad manners... :wink: :wink: :wink:
Regards...Sparra
Oh and yes it was a good weekend!!!!

Mick Smith

#279 Post by Mick Smith » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:31 pm

Erron full of port, drunk and with bad manners. No way I don't believe it. :shock: You must have been dreamin. :lol:

I might have gone to bed early, but I bet a felt a whole lot better than you Sparra, the next morning. :D Sorry if I was a bit sort of anti social, I tried to hang around, but I was dog-tired after the big drive up plus all that walking. I'm no spring chicken these days, it seems. :D

Mick

erron

#280 Post by erron » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:12 pm

Sparra, if'n I remember right, my bad manners amounted to having the sense not to be last off to bed :lol:

Erron

Sparra

#281 Post by Sparra » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:43 am

Ok fella's...you got me...I would have gone to bed early as well but i couldn't get out of my chair!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tuffcity

#282 Post by Tuffcity » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:06 pm

So I take it that the only thing to take a hit were peoples' livers? :D Looks like it was heaps of fun though!

RC
That which doesn't kill me better run for cover...

erron

#283 Post by erron » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:30 pm

Sure was, Richard!

Erron