Gladstone Traditional Shoot

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

stickbender

#31 Post by stickbender » Fri May 27, 2005 2:29 pm

Thanks Rob but still looking for more names

stick

Kiwikelvin

#32 Post by Kiwikelvin » Fri May 27, 2005 7:32 pm

I take it you mean names of Kiwi's? If so whose have you got and I'll see if I can add to the list.
Don't be in a hurry to get nothing- adopt the pace of nature remember her secret is patience

stickbender

#33 Post by stickbender » Fri May 27, 2005 7:58 pm

no Rob anyone that is coming to the shoot

thanks see you in 3 weeks paul

Kiwi Longbow

Kiwis Coming...

#34 Post by Kiwi Longbow » Mon May 30, 2005 11:02 am

Hi Paul

I know of the following kiwis who are coming:

Bruce and Amber Scott
Tom Lambert
Jim Moran
Kelvin O'Hara
Dianne Turcoe
Bob Reed
Darrall Castle
Eddie Sides
Rob Stevens

Cheers
Rob

stickbender

#35 Post by stickbender » Mon May 30, 2005 12:27 pm

Thanks Rob :lol:

Kiwikelvin

#36 Post by Kiwikelvin » Mon May 30, 2005 6:27 pm

Being a little creative so hope you folk will excuse me using this forum to get a message through to Linda and Basalt. I'm having a major problem sending emails from my computer damn'd thing just drops out when I push send. Would apperciate any bits of bone that are going and I am chasing the delivery of the Mag. for you. Believe the problem may have arisen from my end with emails not being received when sent. Looking forward to a little sunshine and seeing you folk again at the Muster. Again my apologise to all you other readers but this looks like the only way I can get the mail through. Sharpen those arrows and wax those bowstrings the Kiwi's are coming. :idea:
Don't be in a hurry to get nothing- adopt the pace of nature remember her secret is patience

Kiwi Di

Gladstone Archery tournament

#37 Post by Kiwi Di » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:39 pm

Hi there.... I can see we are a little slow on the uptake here. Great reading the snippets. Kelvin , it sounds like you might be a bit of a trouble maker!
Yes, we are on our way to Oz tomorrow.
We will be driving up from Brisbane 8th/9th to Gladstone in our "Cheapa Campa". We haven't registered for the Tourney yet so save us a spot!
It says Kiwi Di (maybe it should have been Maid Marion Kelvin?!), also a hybrid American. Bob and I are happy to join in any challenges that might be around....we might even hit a target or two!

Looking forward to meeting all the Aussies and hooking up with the Kiwi contingent again. Soundslike great fun and games ahead.
See you soon...Bob(Reed) and Dianne(Turco)

erron

#38 Post by erron » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:55 pm

Welcome to Ozbow, and OZ, Bob and Dianne! Hope you enjoy the shoot, a bit out of my way this year, maybe next :?

:)

Erron

Kiwikelvin

#39 Post by Kiwikelvin » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:10 pm

Dianne I am mortified you know I wouldn't say boo to a mouse, just like Bob I sit quietly in the corner and observe. Someone said I should have a point on the end opposite to the feathers. Well Helen's chooks scarper whenever they see me of late and now the local builders have taken to giving me some straight NEW nails so watchout we're gett'n real flash, even sanded some of the lumpy bits of the kindling I got for the shafts. Stops the splinters. Erron that little project I spoke to you about a few months ago is taking shape hope you will be at Gladstone otherwise I will send details as they take shape. Started counting the sleeps. :roll:

erron

#40 Post by erron » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:17 pm

Kelvin the Gladstone shoot would be a fine shoot 8)

Erron

little arrows

#41 Post by little arrows » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:45 pm

Steve and I are heading north Thursday morning, to get a good spot pegged out, so look out for the red ute. I'll a peg out a flat spot for the aussies and the kiwi's can sleep on the slope - heck they're used to it.
Have spoken to Bill and will throw in a few extra bits and pieces, just in case.
not many sleeps to go now...............yippee
see you all there
sue

Buford

#42 Post by Buford » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:13 pm

I hope somebody is packing a camera!? :D
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

Basalt

Gladstone shoot

#43 Post by Basalt » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:11 am

Hi gang, sounds like everyones getting geared up for a fun week-end.
Thanks for the call Sue and the extra chairs and sleeping mats will be handy. I think these Kiwis will be hard to control and that Kelvin is really thier secret weapon. The only reason he didn't shoot in N.Z. in January was to throw us off the fact, that he is really a crack shot !!!
I'm hopeing someone can help me out here. The good old computer gobbled up all our e-mails from 14/4/05 to 27/5/05 and in that lot was one from Eddie Sides with his arrival time in Rockhampton on Wednesday.
Yep I've sent him a couple more asking his details but alas no reply. I rang Bruce Scott last night but Bruce dosen't have Eddie's phone number or know his address so I rang Amber's mobile as she's already on the Gold Coast and should have had Eddie's number in her little book,could not get through. I emailed Kelvin but alas no reply yet. I know the airport floor at Rocky is probably very comfortable and that maybe we could just have a look there for Eddie on Friday on the way to the shoot but a Kiwi left alone and unsupervised in Oz is not a pretty thought hey! So if anyone has his phone number or arrival time in Rocky could you post it on here.
Also Rob are you right for a lift from Gladstone airport or do you want someone to come and fetch ya??
look forward to catching up with you all on the week-end,
Bill.

Kiwikelvin

#44 Post by Kiwikelvin » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:12 am

Bill I come along to provide the laughs and make everyone else feel they aren't such bad shots after all. Very very rarely I might get a bit of sympathy from the girls---- one lives in hope! Eddie Sides +64 9 630 4515 email eddier@boffamiskell.co.nz Rob Stevens +64 9 528 1933 Email rstevens@xtra.co.nz Hope that helps Kelvin

Basalt

Kiwi contact

#45 Post by Basalt » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:04 pm

Hi Kelvin, thanks for that I shot an e-mail off to Eddie because that wasn't the e-mail address I had for him, am waiting a reply. If I don't hear from him tonight I'll give him a call. I'll shoot Rob off an e-mail and see if he's right for a lift from the airport, unless he's coming north by road with someone ?? Yep, I think we better all pack our "Giggle Pills" 'cause last year I woke up with a very sore belly from laughing too hard. Well, I think that's what it was from.
Cheers.

Nocky

#46 Post by Nocky » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:07 am

BillB, at last contact, we are picking up Rob from Glad airport @ 1310 on Friday.
Cheers
David

Kiwi Longbow

#47 Post by Kiwi Longbow » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:23 am

Howdy Team

Yep Rob is just about there. Thanks David for organising that lift. I'll be the one carrying a long cardboard tube!

Big thanks to all you Aussies for making it easier for us simple Kiwis. Man I've been running around like a blue arsed fly this week with what little I did have to organise! (That includes popping home from work at lunchtime to put another coat o paint on the arrows! Kind of left it a little late...but at least they will look good - not sure about how straight they will fly)

Now where are those boots...

Looking forward to catching up with those that I know and meeting those that I don't!

Cheers
Rob