Gympie Field Archers Phoenix Muster July 8/9 2023

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

little arrows

Gympie Field Archers Phoenix Muster July 8/9 2023

#1 Post by little arrows » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:08 pm

Hi Everyone,
For those not on FB, here is the flyer for the upcoming Phoenix Shoot being held at Gympie Field Archers (now a TAA club) over the weekend of July 8/9. The event is for all bow types, with the course for the compound archers having all target faces, to mix it up a little bit, and the other course for the Traditional archers with 3D’s, plus novelties. Should any of the compound archers wish to have a go at the novelty events could they please use one of the club recurves, to preserve the 3D’s just a little longer. Thank you.
The address is Lot 4, Barsby Road, Imbil, there will be directional signs on Barsby Road guiding you to the correct driveway. The campgrounds are terraced with plenty of trees plus a flat grassed paddock down the bottom as well.
There is also a detailed menu of available meals across the weekend. The free Friday night meal of soup, being prepared by Melinda, with the sausages kindly donated by Tim Fox, straight from the farm I believe. The weekend canteen is being organized by Tamara (re ex-Chevallan Archery Park) so you know the food will be great, and I’m sure we’ll be able to lend her a hand as she needs it.
We will be running a couple of raffles, one as a general raffle, and the club would be grateful if everyone could bring a little something to place on the table as a prize, to help support us, and it doesn’t have to be archery related.
The big raffle is a bow, quiver, armguard, and tab donated by Dave McGuire from Archery Bug, with arrows to suit the bow, donated by Steve of Wallace Woods and a Bowbag from Susie’s Stitchins. A very worthwhile prize that’s for sure!
Could everyone please send an email, to my good self at - gfasecretary@hotmail.com advising the number of archers, compound or traditional, and the meals you would like, to avoid us over-catering.
Dogs are allowed in the camping area, on leash at all times, they aren’t allowed on either of the courses, or novelty events, please flick me a pm if you have any questions.
This shoot is to help rebuild the club, not from the ashes, from Extinction!
Let’s all make it a great weekend, and we look forward to seeing you. cheers sue :)
Phoenix final flyer copy v2.jpg
Phoenix final flyer copy v2.jpg (129.11 KiB) Viewed 7307 times
The Menu_GFA.1.jpg
The Menu_GFA.1.jpg (140.81 KiB) Viewed 7307 times

little arrows

Re: Gympie Field Archers Phoenix Muster July 8/9 2023

#2 Post by little arrows » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Phoenix 2 day shoot is coming up next weekend with all the details above. If you're keen for a campout weekend flick me a pm or email to gfasecretary@hotmail.com to let me know you're coming.

cheers
sue :)