Traditional archery Muster at Mudgee

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Shrek

Traditional archery Muster at Mudgee

#1 Post by Shrek » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:45 pm

Hey everyone,I haven't been on for quite a while as I have had some health issues but I just want to put in my two bobs worth on the Traditional Archery Associations national championships.It has been copping a fair bit of flack and miss information from around the traps.
It all started with a really regrettable and poorly handled incident at a Trad shoot in QLD earlier in the year.I wasn't there but as the state rep for TAA I have been getting alot of bad response while trying to promote the national event. I believe in having a voice and choice in our chosen form of archery and having our own national event.
The bad response to this incident is absolutely justified but was a local club issue handled really badly and was hurtful to good people that have worked hard and been supportive of Trad archery for decades.
Bagging an event before it even gets a chance to get off the ground is non productive and makes unifying our sport and having a voice a tough job.
There is often to much back room dealing going on when all we want to do is get a strong unified association going forward without the negative input that usually brings good things to a bad end.
The nationals are on the 7th and 8th of October at ABA park Mudee.
It would be outstanding if we can make a success out of our first go at a Trad only Championship.
Cheers to all Shrekka

perry

Re: Traditional archery Muster at Mudgee

#2 Post by perry » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:13 pm

I was planning a great Road Trip including a Hunt before the TAA National's, going Fishing later in the Week after Mudgee on my way to the Trad Shoot at Coff's Harbour the following weekend. Finances are a little short so I am driving down to the TAA Shoot over 2 or 3 Day's to have a look at a few things and ensure I arrive without stressing my Back too much. Should get there Thursday. I'll leave for Home on Monday and see if I can find a spot for a Hunt on the way Home. A bit short of what I planned but hey it will be good to meet up with Mates I have not seen in ages and meet People I have been wanting too.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

sage

#3 Post by sage » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:39 am

Well said Shrek. My thoughts exactly.

gazza

#4 Post by gazza » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:06 am

hey shrek, we are riding down on the motorbike camping along the way, we should be in mudgee on thursday gazza :auto-dirtbike: Camping4 :Bow
The older i get the better i was

bigfella

#5 Post by bigfella » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:26 am

So who else is coming to Mudgee , as a local it would be great put some names and faces together and say Gday

perry

#6 Post by perry » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:03 pm

look forward to meeting you bigfella.

My trip just got a 1400km longer. I am going Hunting out at Bollon on the Friday a week before, coming home Monday, leaving for Mudgee on Tuesday. Wilbur the X Trail will definitely need a Service before I leave and some major sucking up too the Mrs :lol:
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin