Coffs Coast Trad Shoot

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Samick steve

Coffs Coast Trad Shoot

#1 Post by Samick steve » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:15 am

October 14/15 our shoot is full steam ahead Camping7 :Bow Camping5
Last edited by Samick steve on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Coffs Coast Trad Shoot

#2 Post by greybeard » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Samick steve wrote:October 15/16 ..........
Steve,

Should it read October 14/15 ????

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

little arrows

#3 Post by little arrows » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:47 pm

well Daryl, at least he got one of the dates correct. :)

gazza

#4 Post by gazza » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:43 pm

cool we,ll be there ,can we show up and camp a couple of days early, we,ll be on our way home from mudgee Camping1 :Bow gazza.
The older i get the better i was

little arrows

#5 Post by little arrows » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:46 pm

I just asked the same question on facebook - will need to remind them early in the week to open the gates.

Here is the flyer. It is always a great weekend. :)
Coffs 2017.pdf
(266.68 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
cheers
sue

perry

#6 Post by perry » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Cool Gary, I'm going to be going to the Coffs Coast Shoot on the way home from Mudgee myself. Plan at this stage is to head to the NSW South Coast after the Muster. We'll see how I go but likely I'll arrive at Coffs Coast Club on Friday morning. I have not been to this shoot before so I'm looking forward to it.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

little arrows

#7 Post by little arrows » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:42 pm

there are 40 sleeps to go :)

cheers
sue

Ian Turner

#8 Post by Ian Turner » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:54 pm

ttt

Samick steve

#9 Post by Samick steve » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:01 am

Can’t wait till see you all everything is ready to go

cetan56

#10 Post by cetan56 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:47 pm

Hey Steve,
just wondering when the gates might be opening.I and some others probably coming to yours from Mudgee the week before,and easier to just pull straight in rather than set up elsewhere in Woolgoolga for day or two.Happy to pay some extra camping fees.Could be there by Tues arvo,cheers

temudjin

#11 Post by temudjin » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:11 am

This will be my last away trad shoot of the year so very much looking forward to it. I'll be there Thursday and looking forward to catching up with friends and having a great weekend.
:smile:

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#12 Post by greybeard » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Unfortunately, due to an unexpected event I won’t be able to make it to the shoot.

Whilst watching television I noticed a small lump on the inside of my left ankle. As soon as I touched it [about 11.00pm] blood started spurting out all over the carpet. Apparently an artery had burst.

The only way I could control the bleeding was to go into the kitchen, sit in a kitchen chair and elevate the leg on the bench top and use half a roll of paper towelling.

It may seem like a minor issue but when you live by yourself certain tasks can become more difficult.

I thought it wise to call an after hours house call doctors service and then realised I had left the mobile phone in the lounge room.

As soon as I lowered my leg the blood started spurting again but what the hell I needed the phone.

By the time I had repositioned myself in the kitchen the vinyl floor covering was rather slippery being covered in blood.

Having no success contacting the after hours doctor service I reluctantly rang 000. Knowing that the paramedics were on the way helped me remain calm and I managed to stem the flow of blood by the time the paramedics had arrived.

The paramedics, two young ladies did a fantastic job and while my leg was being dressed the other asked me where the mop and bucket was and washed the floor for me.

My blood pressure and pulse were taken and a little later they were taken again. I was informed that my blood pressure was a rather high, 208 over 112 and I would be transported to the emergency section of the local hospital.

By 6.00am the doctors managed to get it down to 194 over 98.

Apart from other tests a stress test has been scheduled in for 9.50am on Monday 16th which rules out my attendance at the shoot.

For those who may be interested Bill Watson will take the bows that I advertised to the shoot.

Hope the shoot is a great success,

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

little arrows

#13 Post by little arrows » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Goodness me Daryl, that is a very calm re-creation of what would have been quite a harrowing circumstance. One cannot even imagine. How do you just burst an artery. That is damned unfortunate indeed that you aren't able to make the shoot.
I sincerely hope all goes well.

cheers
sue

little arrows

#14 Post by little arrows » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:03 pm

there are only 8 sleeps to go :)

cheers
sue

Roadie

#15 Post by Roadie » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:54 pm

Ay Daryl not good news, take it easy. Thinking of you. Roadie

Samick steve

#16 Post by Samick steve » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:46 pm

We’re all good to go, hoping to see everyone here and having a ball, a quiet ale and a few truths bent

little arrows

#17 Post by little arrows » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:19 pm

For general information as posted on the Coffs Club Facebook page:

"A huge thanks to all the helpers at Coffs Coast Club working bee today. We got so much done and are ready for next weekend.
We are ready and hope to see you all next weekend
The Coffs Coast Trad shoot in being covered by ANAA insurance. Anyone and everyone who signs on is covered on the club grounds."

and only 5 sleeps to go :)

cheers
sue

little arrows

#18 Post by little arrows » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:38 pm

only 4 sleeps to go :)

cheers
sue

Shrek

#19 Post by Shrek » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Geez Daryl you are one cool piece of work brother!! Hope you are better mate and just take care.Bless those Ambo's, worlds best.Go well mate.

little arrows

#20 Post by little arrows » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:04 pm

8 camps set and just a bit of rain this morning I believe.

There are 2 sleeps to go :)

cheers
sue

perry

#21 Post by perry » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:36 am

I am disappointed I could not save enough Money to get to the Coffs Trad Shoot, I hope you all have a top Shoot and if the Cookie Crumbles right for next Year I will see you there then.

I hope your on the mend and this is the last time you must go through something like this Daryl, please look after yourself and don't be afraid to ask if you need help with anything. I might live on the other side of the City but am only a phone call away. Despite our Governments best efforts to destroy our Health System all credit to the Ambulance and Hospital Stall for their dedication and professional service. Little things like cleaning up after an incident such as yours Daryl show their outstanding dedication to their Work.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

little arrows

#22 Post by little arrows » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:40 pm

we have had a sunny day today, tis raining a little now, which will settle the dust.
Many many camps set up now and only 1 sleep to go. :)

cheers
sue

Roadie

#23 Post by Roadie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:09 pm

Thinking of you All. Have a great shoot. Cheers Roadie

Ian Turner

#24 Post by Ian Turner » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:43 am

Hi Daryl,
Lucky you were at home and near ambulance / hospital services!
Cheers and a speedy recovery.
Ian

gazza

#25 Post by gazza » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:29 pm

bloody hell the old blood pressure is up there,lol speedy recovery mate,gazza.
The older i get the better i was

little arrows

#26 Post by little arrows » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:42 pm

The weather forecast leading into the weekend of Oct 14/15 was for rain. This did not dampen the enthusiasm of around 80 archers who attended the inaugural ANAA Traditional Shoot held at the Coffs Coast Archery Club.
There were a few light showers on Friday and campers were still arriving even late into the evening, which was a very good sign.
Saturday dawned with overcast skies and it was very pleasing to see so many faces smiling, shooting at the practice range and catching up with friends made at last years shoot. At the Coffs Harbour Trad you shoot one course with 2 arrows, and other course with 1 arrow on the Saturday, then on the Sunday you shoot your 2 arrow course you shot Saturday, as your 1 arrow course, and your 1 arrow course you shot Saturday, as your 2 arrow course. It does not matter which order you shoot either course in, on either day. On one of the 15 x 3D there was a set of 5 javelinas’ in a huddle, just one had a clear shot at the score zone. The gamble shot was well set out with the bigger target at the back being in the darker forest area which made judging the distance interesting. The back end of the skunk was closer and also well placed just in front on a small stump!!! There was also the moving javelin which had quite a downhill run and speeds along rather swiftly, the rolling disks, which have the uncanny ability to jump just over your arrow, the 30sec Speed round you down a bank into the forest and had trees strategically placed near the targets. On the 2nd lot of 15 targets the course heads down toward the creek with a couple of targets downhill. One particular target if you shot high, your arrow went sailing in the creek, and one soul did do a retrieval mission. It started to drizzle about 5 targets into this course and became a little heavier toward the end, so umbrellas were deployed for a short period. Once complete, it was back to camp. We then did the 60 second Hunter Round which is set in an area where you walk and shoot the targets between pine trees, and the Through the Hole this year was a 3D deer target which had the centre zone removed. Very tricky indeed!!. There was a new event for Saturday - the new Stalker Round. You start at a point and walk through, there could be 6 targets, there could be 10, first you had to find them and then shoot. Overnight it did rain rather heavily for a period, so a couple of camps pulled out early to head home, which is understandable. There are always plenty of 4WD’s around to assist if required.
On Sunday it was just the 2 field courses to be shot, so a lot of people packed up their camp before they went out to shoot in case it started to rain again. Our group didn’t go out too early; we just seemed to cruise and had finished our 2 arrow round reasonably quickly. At this point we realised it was only 9.30am Qld time, and even though we were initially not going to head home until Monday, as everything was dry in camp, decided we could do the 1 arrow round, get back, pack up and be home before dark, plus the roadwork regions would all be set at 80 heading back to the Qld border. Unfortunately, leaving early we missed the presentations, not something we do often.
A very big congratulations and well done must go to the Coffs Coast Archery club for their tenacity to overcome a few obstructions that had been placed in their way, in order to hold their Trad Shoot. The target placements for both of the courses were extremely well thought out, as was the Stalker Round and all the other novelty events. The club would like to express its thanks for the support they have received from Australian National Archery Association (ANAA) and shall see you all at the clubs Trad shoot next year.
Here are some photos.
cheers
sue
ozb.JPG
ozb.JPG (297.99 KiB) Viewed 9288 times
ozb_03.JPG
ozb_03.JPG (292.93 KiB) Viewed 9288 times
ozb_01.JPG
ozb_01.JPG (303.68 KiB) Viewed 9288 times
ozb_04.JPG
ozb_04.JPG (278.54 KiB) Viewed 9288 times
ozb_02.JPG