Bega Valley Asian Experience Aug 19 / 20 CANCELLED

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

little arrows

Bega Valley Asian Experience Aug 19 / 20 CANCELLED

#1 Post by little arrows » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:20 pm

information below.
cheers

ADDED BY EDIT 08/08/17 COPIED FROM Facebook page.

THE BEGA ASIAN ARCHERY EVENT IS CANCELLED

The Bega Valley Archers has had to CANCEL the Asian Archery Event proposed for 19 / 20th August due to lack of entries.

Unfortunately there were only 9 entries received. The Bega Archers club is not able to sustain a loss such that this would generate.
This is a disappointment to our club as a lot of preparation work has been carried out.

James Murray
President
Bega Valley Archers.

Roadie

Re: Bega Valley Asian Experience Aug 19 / 20 CANCELLED

#2 Post by Roadie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:35 pm

Thats a pity, certainly Stuffed up plans for people who were thinking about going and Travelling long distances. Oh well there are still several shoots to attend, Dunnolly this weekend , then , a short Break, then Broken Hill, Mildura Swan Hill, and then Andys Memorial Shoot at Wisemans. Hopefully will catch up with some of you soon to be :Bow . Cheers Roadie.

cetan56

#3 Post by cetan56 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:51 pm

That sure is a shame,as Roadie alluded to,some people have already made plans from interstate etc to attend this shoot....and have they not panicked a bit as cut off for register is tomorrow the 11th,which is when I was going to nominate....and trad shooters are somewhat notorious for just arriving un-announced and pay the extra $10 late fee.AND some of us have gone to some trouble and expense to get/make attire etc for this shoot...and what happens now to the TAA annual general meeting??
For myself,leaves bit of sour taste and will be much less inclined to bother with this shoot in future,if ever contemplated.Again a big shame as I attended the first one last year and was looking forward to go with friends again,and seeing more people there this year- was surprised when my local club here in NSW actually forwarded via email the flyer they had received,which means more advertising and circulation than last year when there were only a few people...and if I knew this cancellation was coming up,then would have opted to attend Dunolly shoot,but too late to arrange now.Guess which shoot gets my priority next year?

perry

#4 Post by perry » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:50 pm

I must be strange because I would rather know early than later. Cancelling a shoot early is a hard call, the Committee must have agonised over it. As much as People are disappointed the Shoot is cancelled and it is upset's existing plans pulling the pin early gives People time to reorganise and not Drive 1000 K for nothing.

cetan56 I am not a member of Bega, it alarms me to read you have been left with a sour taste and may not attend other Bega Shoot's. I hope you reconsider and choose to support this shoot in the future. Like most Trad Shoot's I want to go but circumstances prevent me attending. I am getting a bit sensitive to negativity around me at the moment because of personnel circumstance, please don't take this Post as having a go.

regards Perry.
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin