Traditional Archery Australia National Muster 7 and 8 Oct 20

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

nuts1

Traditional Archery Australia National Muster 7 and 8 Oct 20

#1 Post by nuts1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:21 pm

Here is the flyer for the TAA National Muster
this event is The Australian Traditional Championships
Attachments
TAA Flyer 2017 (4).jpg
TAA Flyer 2017 (4).jpg (84.11 KiB) Viewed 7269 times

sage

Re: Traditional Archery Australia National Muster 7 and 8 Oc

#2 Post by sage » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Whose heading to the National Muster?

UPTHETOP

#3 Post by UPTHETOP » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Am tempted but what in the hell is a field shoot never herd of it ?

Cheers Wayno
Justastik Arrow Craft, Its all about the Wood.

nuts1

#4 Post by nuts1 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:20 am

Its a 20 target round
Round 1 is 3 arrow. 1 arrow from each peg.
Round 2 is a 1 arrow round.

perry

#5 Post by perry » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:55 am

I am doing everything in my power to get down to the inaugural Traditional Archery Australia National Muster. Money's tight but I think this will be a great Shoot and maybe a better Road Trip.

Plan is to take my sweet time driving down, I'll probably stop on a Property I Hunt on now for an overnight stay and have a Hunt in the Arvo and the following morning before I continue on the trip. Maybe do a bit of Door Knocking closer down to Mudgee and find a Property to Hunt on before the Muster and do the same on the way home.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

little arrows

#6 Post by little arrows » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:43 pm

..33.. sleeps to go.

cheers
sue

sage

#7 Post by sage » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:57 am

****12*** more sleeps to the Muster. Don’t forget to nominate!

perry

#8 Post by perry » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:26 pm

Anyone else going down to the Muster ? Hope too put some Faces to names !
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#9 Post by greybeard » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:05 pm

perry wrote:Anyone else going down to the Muster ?
I can't make it to the muster and apart from yourself I don't know of anyone else going.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

UPTHETOP

#10 Post by UPTHETOP » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:17 pm

Hope it all goes well.

perry

#11 Post by perry » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:09 pm

I am going Hunting out the back of Bollon this weekend and there is a lot of corrugated Dirt before the Property then another 2000 to Mudgee and back and maybe another 1200k if I can afford to go to the Coffs Shoot I decided it would be wise to Service Wilbur the X Trail and have the Suspension upgraded as it was showing it's age - The 160 000 Service is a big one, $550, the Suspension upgrade blew out big time with 2 Control Arm's and a CV Joint needing to be replaced, nearly $3000 all up :o Ah the Joy's of 10 year old SUV's as I was hoping to buy a Dometic 3 way Fridge Freezer or at the least have the Cash to get to the Coffs Shoot.

Even more determined now to get in some extra Hunting and Fishing before and after the Muster as this has turned into a damned expensive few Week's. I have been told there is a few Rabbit's about at the moment so maybe I can Door Knock and find a Place and the Yellow Belly are responding well to Lures in Windamere Dam

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

gazza

#12 Post by gazza » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:33 am

we are leaving sunday on the bike taking our time getting there on thursday :Bow Camping1 gazza.
The older i get the better i was

UPTHETOP

#13 Post by UPTHETOP » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Has anyone got any feed back on how the Muster went, what were the courses like, how many archers were there and who had a good time etc. Would be good to post a few photos up if anyone has got some.

Cheers Wayno

perry

#14 Post by perry » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:34 pm

UPTHETOP wrote:Has anyone got any feed back on how the Muster went, what were the courses like, how many archers were there and who had a good time etc. Would be good to post a few photos up if anyone has got some.

Cheers Wayno
G/Day Wayno, just been having a couple of quite Days since I got home from the Muster and Hunting Trip I have been on these past 2 weeks. I know some People with stories and Photo's are either still travelling about the Countryside or have just arrived Home.

I had an excellent time at the Muster. I did not take the time to count but their was approx 35 Competitors, more than a few traveled 1000 KM or more. One Fella flew in from WA. I caught up with plenty of old Mates got to put Faces to Names of People I had heard of and made new Friends. In the Days before the Muster those that arrived early and helped set the Coarse's and prepare ABA Park for the Shoot worked really well together and after the Work was done mingled and went from Camp to Camp getting to know each other and renewing old friendship's.

I don't know if you have been down to ABA Park but it has some reasonably rugged ground and the Coarse's where set in such a way that I was able to hobble around with no real difficulty on Saturday. Not wheelchair Friendly but still very accessible. The 3D Targets where set at realistic Ranges and I only broke Arrows through my poor shooting and not from Target Placement. We shot 3 Arrows per Target except at the Novelty Targets like the Rolling Disk, Speed Round and Moving Target. I shot over 60 Arrows on the Saturday but bailed before other Novelty events in the late Arvo and evening and the Axe and Knife where held to rest up my crook Back and Bung Knee.

I did not shoot on Sunday. The only critical word I heard over the Weekend was a Gent saying he thought we shot too many Arrows. This Gent was very complementary otherwise and just said shooting so many Arrows was not his cup of Tea. I heard many People thanking those that had worked so hard setting the Ranges.

The AGM which was rescheduled from the Bega Shoot when it was cancelled was well attended by Muster Participant's, lots of important issues where discussed and voted on. If you wander across to the TAA Websitehttp://www.traditionalarcheryaustralia.org/ I am sure you'll find Minutes of the AGM more details / Photo's over there shortly. Lots of People have posted positive comments on TAA Facebook Page. I took a Camera but never took the opportunity to drag it out and take Photo's. I know a heap of Photo's of the People that placed in their Division have been posted on the TAA Facebook Page

As for the Venue, I was really impressed with ABA Park, ABA Members have a real Gem there as not only where the Grounds and Amenities first Rate for Field Archery plenty of sign of Wildlife was evident. I saw Sign of Feral Pigs, Deer, Cats, Foxes and Rabbit's. Others that arrived before me or where out and about exploring saw these Critters. The Tucker served from the Kitchen was good, I had an excellent Stew on Saturday night and grabbed a couple of Sandwiches over the Weekend.

One thing I have noted in recent Years is People with stories and Photo's tend to put them on their or a Groups Facebook Page which does hurt many Forum's. Sadly a few People did the Shoot and I feel themselves a disservice by not attending for what ever Political reasons they chose not to attend this Year. I truthfully can say the Vision the TAA Committee have for the Muster has the potential for it to become a highlight of the Trad Calendar and a great showcase for Traditional Archery in this Country. I had as good a time at the Muster as I have ever had at any other Trad Shoot.

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

UPTHETOP

#15 Post by UPTHETOP » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:37 pm

Perry thanks for your time and the effort in answering my questions it is very much appreciated. I was planning on going but work got in the way but it wont next year and Ill be there in they have one. The numbers are a bit sad for an National event but hey you have to start somewhere and build that is what it is all about. Hope the hunting was good its a long way out there, maybe next time you can head out through Dalby and stop by for a chat. Thanks again will head over to TAA and have a look.

Cheers Wayno

perry

#16 Post by perry » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:09 pm

yes numbers where down Wayno but you would not have noticed it, we had a top time, everyone mingled and there was a great vibe. I have been to other Inaugural Trad Shoots which had less Shooters. Old Mate Shrek TAA Shoot Director will make an announcement in plenty of time for Plans to be made once the Venue for 2nd Muster has been finalised

Next time I pass through Dalby I'll let you know.

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

Shrek

#17 Post by Shrek » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Hey thanks for the post on the Muster Perry, as your shooting mate and next door neighbor you are spot on with your comments Bud.I had a ball and as you say got to put faces to names and met some "crackin"folk from all over the country.ABA park is a credit to ABA and the members that helped out were terrific in all they did for us.To the "ney sayers" who bagged the Muster and the people who worked so hard and closely to get it done, you honestly did yourselves a disservice by trying to pull it down, because those that came from all over will make it a bigger and better event and something to be proud of.
Heck the long trip was well worth it just to be there.To our TAA president we owe a huge ONYA mate as the work,time and personal cost he put in to make it happen was epic.I am very proud to be part of this group of go ahead,get it done people and stand by what the TAA is trying to do for trad archery.
Most of us have experienced first hand the attempt to push Trad archery aside by clubs and misguided individuals over the years so we will keep the good fight going to protect our sport and the people in it.
Thanks again to all involved in the TAA muster a job well done.