SHOOT POSTPONED Granite Belt Bowmen

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

kerry
Supporter
Supporter

SHOOT POSTPONED Granite Belt Bowmen

#1 Post by kerry » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:25 pm

Unfortunately folks we've had to postpone our shoot which was to be held at the end of this month [29/30 October] due to the rain. Our access road into the grounds has not been faring well , [800 odd metres of gravel/sand,] and with this afternoons storm and more rain forecast for the next couple of weeks we felt it best to postpone until next year , possibly in March or April depending on other trad shoots planned at that time. Anyway folks I am very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, and if you could possibly pass on this information to others that had planned coming I would appreciate it . cheers kerry :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Life is not a fairy tale,if you lose a shoe at midnight , you're drunk.

little arrows

Re: SHOOT POSTPONED Granite Belt Bowmen

#2 Post by little arrows » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:31 pm

Mother Nature is a fickle mistress. That's unfortunate news Kerry. Thanks for letting everyone know.

cheers
sue

perry

#3 Post by perry » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:34 pm

Pooh Bum Bother, I was leaving Thursday and visiting a Mate a Warwick before the Shoot and was going Hunting after the Shoot - AAggghhhhh ! :[

A bit of local knowledge required, did Tenterfield cop enough Rain to cause issue's also ????

Very disappointing for all, especially the Club as Granite Belt Bowmen would have put in a lot of work, I'll rejig my Plans and hopefully be able to attend the rescheduled Shoot

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

gazza

#4 Post by gazza » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:54 am

sad news ,perry maybe we could go bush that weekend instead, tryout our new [firearms]?? gazza.
The older i get the better i was

temudjin

#5 Post by temudjin » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:13 am

Damn, that's a shame!

Hopefully not too much damage to the club and to home and farms in the area?

Best of luck for the remainder of 2016 and here's to being able to re-schedule in 2017.

kerry
Supporter
Supporter

#6 Post by kerry » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:29 am

thanx for the replies guys we will come back stronger next year,,haven't heard how Tenterfield got on but its same type of country as here so be real careful on the bush tracks,they soon turn to porridge. cheers kerry
Life is not a fairy tale,if you lose a shoe at midnight , you're drunk.

Gringa Bows

#7 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:21 am

BUGGER

AaronT

#8 Post by AaronT » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:06 am

Just posting the notice on our shoot - Kerry has already told you the sad news, we at the club are all gutted it has come to this after all our hard work and apologise for stuffing up your plans. Attached is the cancellation/postponment information flyer.
Attachments
GBB-Trad-Flyer-POSTPONE.jpg
GBB-Trad-Flyer-POSTPONE.jpg (294.32 KiB) Viewed 4376 times

perry

#9 Post by perry » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:25 am

Thanks Granite Belt Bowmen for getting the message out there, I've been involved with Clubs where we had to make decisions like this and it is gutting for all your hard work not not to come to fruition, thanks for your efforts

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

bigbob

#10 Post by bigbob » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:45 pm

Damn damn and double damn! Was really looking forward to the shoot too. know how it feels to cancel one, all that work gone and nothing to show for it. Hope you get a good one next year ! Bloody weather !
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com