Jules Shield Trad Shoot 16/17 July

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

little arrows

Jules Shield Trad Shoot 16/17 July

#1 Post by little arrows » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:00 pm

...77 ...sleeps to go - here is the flyer.
Jules Trad Flyer - 2016-2(1).pdf
(87.37 KiB) Downloaded 335 times

cheers
sue

little arrows

Re: Jules Shield Trad Shoot 16/17 July

#2 Post by little arrows » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:00 pm

26 sleeps to go :)

cheers
sue

little arrows

#3 Post by little arrows » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:30 pm

.... 17 sleeps to go :)

cheers
sue

little arrows

#4 Post by little arrows » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:15 pm

.........now only 7 sleeps to go... :)

cheers
sue

bigbob

#5 Post by bigbob » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:36 am

should be there weather permitting.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

little arrows

#6 Post by little arrows » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:03 pm

only 2 sleeps to go now. Could be prudent to pack a brolly, by the looks of the weather forcast.

cheers
sue

Ronster

#7 Post by Ronster » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:22 pm

Ron & Sue are out for the count with throat and chest infections, so we will miss this year.
We were all set to go last week. however we wish all that attend a good shoot.

Ronster :cry: :cry: :cry:
I would love to be an expert, but experience and lack of knowledge holds me back!

Bows:-
Raven Vanquish 62" TD Recurve 44# @ 28"
Beaver 64" Longbow 41# @ 27"
Bear Montana 64" Longbow 50# @ 28"
Win & Win Winact ILF Riser and Win & Win Pro accent ILF carbon foam limbs 48# @ 28"

perry

#8 Post by perry » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:38 am

A Virus has knocked me down also but after an appointment I have tomorrow I should be there by mid afternoon and intend to Camp the Night, see you all then

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

bigbob

#9 Post by bigbob » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:33 am

due to an extreme aversion to my body coming into contact with both wet and cold simultaneously I have sooked out and refrained from attending.Along with the postponed chevallan shoot at end of month that is 3 trad shoots that have gone under, I am experiencing bad withdrawal symptoms.
razorbows.com

Ronster

#10 Post by Ronster » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:50 am

Ditto Bob, Sue and I have missed both Caboolture and now lakeside Trad shoots.
I will have a word with the man upstairs and see if he can arrange good health and good days for our future shoots.

Ronster :sad-teareye: :sad-teareye:
I would love to be an expert, but experience and lack of knowledge holds me back!

Bows:-
Raven Vanquish 62" TD Recurve 44# @ 28"
Beaver 64" Longbow 41# @ 27"
Bear Montana 64" Longbow 50# @ 28"
Win & Win Winact ILF Riser and Win & Win Pro accent ILF carbon foam limbs 48# @ 28"

perry

#11 Post by perry » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:23 am

You missed out big time Folks, Sunday was bloody "loverly" Weather and I did not notice anyone dripping wet on Saturday. No one whinged about being Cold either. The Traditional Archery Australia Meeting was a bit of an eye opener for me, Crikey those Folks work hard for all of us - thankyou

Even though I did not shoot the Company was fantastic and it was a real Treat to catch up with the Traditional Archery Australia Crew that traveled from NSW. There was a little ribbing about NSW Bad Loosers, lots of chat about good Field Coarses and top tucker. So good to see everyone again< thankyou Lakeside Bowmen

Lastly congratulations to Dale Marsh who was Awarded the Traditional Archery Australia Medal for his life long services to Archery

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

bigbob

#12 Post by bigbob » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:18 am

I consulted latest info on weather site and that allied with the non stop rain we were experiencing less than 90 k's from Lakeside and decided it would be a wipe out. I might have been wrong and am annoyed that i missed the shoot but one can only go with what is at hand.I have bad memories of being drenched at a previous shoot a little further down the road couple years ago, absolute bad time. At my age and with various infirmities I don't need that at all, thanks very much.
razorbows.com

perry

#13 Post by perry » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:40 am

Absolutely Bob. Health always comes first. Still a shame we did not get to see you.

I remember the inaugural Shoot at Lakeside, way back in the olden Days, Crikey it was raining in Biblical Proportions. I was walking across that narrow Bridge just near the Steps to the now Practice Range, Water was lapping the Boards and some Wag in front of me - it might have been Troy !! stepped off centre on the Bridge, it tipped and I went into the Water Hole. The only thing anyone could see was my Hand just above the Water holding my Jennings Starlight high and dry. The Water had to be 8 Ft deep

regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

Forester

#14 Post by Forester » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:40 pm

I'll second that Perry, it was a great shoot! Great spot with all the water around to keep it interesting, and some nice targets. I chickened out of camping as it was a bit miserable from mid afternoon on, but came back on the Sunday to magic weather. A big thanks to the Lakeside Bowmen for hosting the event, they did a superb job! :clap:

Nice to meet you too Perry, thanks for the advice!

For those undergoing severe withdrawals, Grange Bowmen are having a one day trad shoot on the 7th August that sounds like fun.