Lost Trades Fair, Kyneton

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

cadet

Lost Trades Fair, Kyneton

#1 Post by cadet » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:33 pm

I may have bitten off more than I can chew...

The Lost Trades Fair in Kyneton is happening over the March long weekend; blacksmiths, coopers, pattern makers, boat builders, split-cane fly rod makers, saddlers and whip makers etc, even a fletcher will be in attendance. For various reasons they didn't have a bowyer lined up. Then I accidentally walked into the gig.

It's a little daunting for a rank amateur and a relative beginner, but I won't be pretending to be any sort of master, just someone who knows and can demonstrate the basic principles. I guess I can fake it 'til I make it! Wish me luck!

bigbob

Re: Lost Trades Fair, Kyneton

#2 Post by bigbob » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:24 pm

all the best with that, hope it goes well!.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

perry

Re: Lost Trades Fair, Kyneton

#3 Post by perry » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:36 pm

Excellent cadet, I know where your coming from. The first couple of Bow and Arrow making Demo's I did at the Abbey Medieval Fayre were daunting but I soon relaxed and had an absolute Ball. People will be fascinated, they will ask you amazingly inciteful questions and you will talk yourself Horse ! Your Passion for Archery and it's related Skills will shine through, the Public will pick up on it and they will Thank you for it.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin