Hinterland trad shoot 2016 in question

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Shrek

Hinterland trad shoot 2016 in question

#1 Post by Shrek » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:09 am

It is probably done and dusted and I am sorry.After this years Trad shoot and last years event the clubs dog pack was off the leash again and staged another inquisition and accused my self and our volunteers of not putting in enough effort,how disorganised we were how the kitchen was disorganised and food was poorly done.I care not for these people and what they think but I do care for my friends,club mates and parents that totally committed themselves to the shoots success and the enjoyment of our visitors.
I have resigned from the positions I have held on the committee and will not be organising another event for this club.
I am truly sorry as we all worked really hard and loved having you all with us.
Thank you my friends and I will see you at a Trad shoot somewhere soon Seeyas Shrekka

Roadie

Re: Hinterland trad shoot 2016 in question

#2 Post by Roadie » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:17 am

Ay Shrek, this is not the Best News. So does this mean that ALL the good work that you, and All the dedicated Few have done is for nought. Look at the last 2 Ren Faire's at the Gold Coast, the potential members and money from the come and Try day means nothing to them. I won't say what I really think, as I will be banned from the site. Will Talk to you soon. Cheers Roadie.

The Hunt

#3 Post by The Hunt » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:27 pm

This is a repeat performance by a minority of people that seem to find negativity necessary, I am with Shrek on this I was burnt last year but helped Shrek and did it again this year for the community. But there are individuals that dont know a good thing or good people when they see it

kerry
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by kerry » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:04 pm

Sounds very second rate Shrek ,you're always welcome to come up to Stanthorpe for a shoot mate. cheers kerry
Life is not a fairy tale,if you lose a shoe at midnight , you're drunk.

bigbob

#5 Post by bigbob » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:45 pm

that unfortunately seems to be the nature of clubs in general, plenty of doom bringers and nay sayers but precious few who actually do any thing, and then cop criticism from the bludgers who sat back and did nothing.I am sorry for you Shrek and Chris as I know you put your heart and soul into this shoot.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

little arrows

#6 Post by little arrows » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:42 pm

I am flabbergastered - I truly cannot believe what I am reading. Those ungrateful so and so's.
This is the 2nd year in a row the club committee has done nothing to first help and then just trashed the people who worked their backside off to make the shoot a success for all of us who attended. Yet they have the audacity to put their hand out for the money. Well no more I say.

As far as I am concerned they can go fly a kite. I believe there will now be an additional shoot at Chevallan Archery Park in 2016. I will keep you all posted on that front.

cheers
sue

MarkG

#7 Post by MarkG » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:45 pm

None of the nay sayers would have asked any of the trad shooters who turned up what they thought about the food and disorganisation. They would have been put back in their box if they had. I had a great time and would gladly come again. Sorry to hear that news Shrek.

Shrek

#8 Post by Shrek » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:00 pm

The problem is that a very poorly equipped person who has never had an original thought in his life took the job on because nobody wanted the job.He has failed totally while the people around him have excelled in what they have done and he sits back and thinks it was him.He then decides some of the doers are a little bit too able to achieve good out comes and he decides to castigate them but can't do it one on one in an intelligent moderate way because he is a coward so he has his pack there and he feels safe,that's how these sad units operate. Good news is the AGM is next month and the dog pack will be reduced but the damage has been done and four people who have done so much are now gone for good.It is the club that has lost but we have you guys out there as mates so we win!

little arrows

#9 Post by little arrows » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:07 pm

and the North Albert club isn't toooo far away for you to travel to :)

why oh why oh why do clubs think they don't need Trad archers - do we somehow threaten them or are they scared to have to a good time.... beats me

sue

Shrek

#10 Post by Shrek » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:07 pm

A good outcome is it will give us time to get down south and annoy Roady next year.

Shrek

#11 Post by Shrek » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:16 pm

This had nothing to do them and us it was just a little group of dills who don't want progress 250 plus members and it is all down to a few promoting the sport and they sit at their little table and say it's all to hard to manage, but love the money rolling in and then won't spend it on important projects.

Ronster

#12 Post by Ronster » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:54 pm

Sorry to hear of this bad news Shrek, maybe we should post them our emails of gratitude for the good work and great shoot you guys put on.
Also maybe all of the 3 D compound shooters that are also Trad should should refrain from shooting there in future.

Regards, Ron
I would love to be an expert, but experience and lack of knowledge holds me back!

Bows:-
Raven Vanquish 62" TD Recurve 44# @ 28"
Beaver 64" Longbow 41# @ 27"
Bear Montana 64" Longbow 50# @ 28"
Win & Win Winact ILF Riser and Win & Win Pro accent ILF carbon foam limbs 48# @ 28"

The Hunt

#13 Post by The Hunt » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:40 am

I have tried to work out what the core issue is but have decided that a lack of intelligence and emotional maturity by a few with power is Impacting what could be an outstanding club. I will hold membership only so I keep a key and can go out on my own terms. I will not lift a finger for working bees or anything else. I am astounded that due to the self destruction and negativity of such a small core a whole apple can be impacted. Last year I went the formal method and got an apology from the club all the while still being treated poorly by the person Shrek speaks of. Anyway I don't want to talk about the negative crap anymore. Looks like next year I will be able to leave by caravan at Chevallan and drive up for Trad shoots.

BTW I really don't think this is a compound vs Trad thing I think this is a things should be done how we always do it thing and because we do thi go differently it throws them in a Spin. Like I said what happens when the village Genius meets the village idiot?

Shrek

#14 Post by Shrek » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:38 pm

A great asian saying says LIFE IS A GARDEN AND YOU TEND IT!
NURTURE AND CARE FOR THE PLANTS THAT YIELD FRUIT AND GIVE PEACE AND HAPPINESS
PULL THE WEEDS AND THE TOXIC AND CAST THEM AWAY!!
Friends I have become a spiritual gardener that would impress Don Burke, but weeding isn't as much fun as using a brush cutter

little arrows

#15 Post by little arrows » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:08 pm

that is very cosmic Shrekka - I always thought if you needed a wipper snipper you weren't using enough Roundup, or for the environmentalists amongst you - vinegar... :lol:

Hey C that sounds like a plan - we can add a permanent annexe for you, a little garden around it - your home away from home. :biggrin:

cheers
sue

Zan

#16 Post by Zan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:20 am

I'm so sorry to hear the negativity and crap you have received Shrek.
All the Gladdy Traddies that attended had a fantastic time. We thought it was well organised and
dont understand their reasoning.

Shrek

#17 Post by Shrek » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:49 pm

Not a lot of common there Zan. New committee coming in next month but don't expect much.Just hope there is a forward thinking club that will take our place cause my mates and I will support them.

perry

#18 Post by perry » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:20 pm

For F@$Ks sake, Christ I'm sick of this Cr#p- I've have left every Archery Club I've ever been a member of because of it. It upsets me no end when I witness or Hear of my Mates Copping it. And now I read it here AAAAgggggghhhhhhhhhhhh :angry -screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: I still dont understand WHY ????

Cleve I was up at Mt Tamborine Today doing a Bow Making Demonstration at the Viking Culture Day. John Pedigrew invited me to help at the Hinterland Trad Shoot - I'm sorry I should have told you, forgive me - Anyway I guess 3500 People came through the Gates and it seemed I spoke to half of them :biggrin: A lot of them recognised me from the Gold Coast Renaissance Fair and said how much they enjoyed the Hinterland Bowmen's Archery Stall and how much they where looking forward to next Years. I hope something can be sorted because the efforts that You and everyone else who has been on your Team has made a big impact and a difference with not only your Trad Mates but Members of the Public

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

The Hunt

#19 Post by The Hunt » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:59 am

little arrows wrote:that is very cosmic Shrekka - I always thought if you needed a wipper snipper you weren't using enough Roundup, or for the environmentalists amongst you - vinegar... :lol:

Hey C that sounds like a plan - we can add a permanent annexe for you, a little garden around it - your home away from home. :biggrin:

cheers
sue

Sounds like it could be the thing !

sina55

#20 Post by sina55 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:07 pm

It sounds like someone may be jealous.
We have been shooting for almost 35 years and although we only attended one of your trad shoots it was definitely on the list to return too. We had an absolute ball. I have lost count of the major shoots that we have attended, both here in W.A. and over east. Yours was one of the best.
I am sure you know that to the people who care you ( and your crew ) do an outstanding job. It was certainly the case when we were there.

Regards
Jo and Gary

Shrek

#21 Post by Shrek » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:36 pm

Perry it was the same crew that got into Chris last year.But the Ren fair will still be a goer and all you legends that were there this year and before are the main stay and really got the people wowed.The thing is the club picked up 6 great new members who up until now were keen to contribute as members but now have backed up and will just shoot on their own terms.You know me as a good mate and as long as you guys enjoy coming Dave and the rest of us will keep it rolling.

Shrek

#22 Post by Shrek » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:42 pm

Thanks Jo and Gary we loved having you with us, you two are icons. I got to say we had people come from W.A. to attend our shoot,what an endorsement.