Grange Bowmen Huntingdale Barebow Comp

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Black Hood

Grange Bowmen Huntingdale Barebow Comp

#1 Post by Black Hood » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:44 pm

Hey everyone the Huntingdale will be on at Grange Bowmen on the 8th and 9th of August.

Details:
Saturday- Fun Shoot
Sunday- Barebow Competition

Nominations to be submitted to diprosebec@gmail.com

Book campsites to p_gappi@live.com.au

Hope we all get to see you then.

-BH

PS: All this info was recorded in a flyer, unfortunately the file was too big to upload.

perry

Re: Grange Bowmen Huntingdale Barebow Comp

#2 Post by perry » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:59 am

Folks the Huntingdale has been Run since the mid 1960's - it is the oldest Special Event Shoot that I am aware of in Australia. I think it was originally held at the original Grange Company of Archers at Emerson Park The Grange. The Grange Bowhunters split from them in the mid 1970's and moved to Beckett Road McDowall. They are now on Albany Creek Road. Pretty sure it was a Broadhead Event also. There used to be a Field Coarse along Kedron Brooks Banks next to their FITA Range It was named after the first Archer to win it - Dale Marsh.

I don't know much about the revised format today but in Years Past a Traditional Archer very often Won it. Sure Compound Archers compete side by side with Trad Shooters BUT a Trad Shooter very often Won overall due to the Shoots unique Format. No Doubt a Compound Archer will win the one Arrow Event BUT a Traditional Archer will most often blow them out of the Water in the Speed Round and moving Target. I see they have a new format for this Year. I think considering the rich History behind this Shoot Traditional Archers should attend. I'll be there after Work Saturday and on Sunday but not Shooting due to Injury. Hope to catch up with some of you

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

gazza

#3 Post by gazza » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:08 pm

hi all, is the huntingdale a cross over event as I,m a 3DAAA member not a ABA member can I attend ,gazza.
The older i get the better i was

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by greybeard » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:14 pm

perry wrote:......Pretty sure it was a Broadhead Event also.......
Perry, the last time I shot the event was at Beckett Road, early 80's I think and we did shoot broadheads.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

perry

#5 Post by perry » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Daryl I can not remember if it was the Infamous "Chook Shoot" :lol: or the Huntingdale that was Shot with Broadheads about 1980/81. I think you are right, vague memory the Huntingdale was a Broadhead Shoot.

Gary I'm sure you can Shoot, just have to pay the extra $$ Where's a Grange Member - we need Details !

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Outbackdad
Site Admin

#6 Post by Outbackdad » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:02 pm

Flyer
Attachments
Doc1.pdf
(193.08 KiB) Downloaded 299 times

seliora

#7 Post by seliora » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:39 pm

Huntingdale
What is the Huntingdale? - The Huntingdale is a unique Grange Bowmen Shoot that is celebrating its 51st year!, It has grown and adapted over the years to come in line with the modern age but has kept its traditions and ideology the entire time. The idea is to provide a fun shoot for all Barebow shooters that combines the Skills of a hunting round, a speed round and a moving target.

When - 8th & 9th August
1pm Start on Saturday for Novelty shoot and 8am start on Sunday for Competition.

Who can Participate? - All archers are able to shoot, there are no age limits nor are there any bow style restrictions. HOWEVER - to be eligible to place or received a trophy you MUST be a barebow shooter (no sights),

3D Hunter Round - 1st Round is a 20 target, One arrow round (field course) –
Scoring – “A” zone = 5 points Anywhere else within the animal outline = 1 point

Moving Target
Moving Target (practice range) – usually a 3D, series 3 or 4 pig Approx. 15 yards 3 shooters up (laterally) at a time, start with arrow on string – but not drawn ! 3 passes of target – shoot more than one arrow per pass if able to. Shooters alternate positions after each pass

Scoring : ABA – 20, 18, 16 - All arrows score

Speed Round
Speed Round – 25 second time limit, Start with arrow on string – but not drawn !, Must draw subsequent arrows from a quiver (any type) ( in recent years the time limit may have been extended to 30 seconds, and that’s acceptable , but not longer than 30sec.) 5 targets – Targets to be shot in sequence, starting closest, out to farthest; If time permits, start sequence again – closest to farthest

Scoring: ABA, 20, 18, 16 - All arrows score

Trophies and Placing
Winners and Trophies decided on aggregate scores for all 3 rounds. (Barebow shooters only) Divisions:- Mens, Womens, Juniors, Cubs ( 1st, 2nd and 3rd each division)
Overall winner is the highest ADULT score

temudjin

#8 Post by temudjin » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi Seliora,

I visited the club last Sunday and the signage said…" No ABA card, no shoot".

Is that correct or not please?

I was going to attend with my son but we are currently not ABA members and coughing up $65 each plus the shoot fees makes it a very expensive event as we normally only attend Trad Shoots.

The Huntingdale is a GREAT event but no point rocking up and then not being able to shoot.

little arrows

#9 Post by little arrows » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:32 pm

that's a good question Tom, plus gazza asked the same question in an earlier post, which seems to have been missed.
As it's a Barebow shoot and it doesn't appear on the ABA calendar on the web site or on the Alliance shoot calendar, then perhaps it isn't a cross participation shoot - I do hope they get back to you all very soon. It would be great for all of us to know for future reference too.

sue

seliora

#10 Post by seliora » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:54 pm

Hey all, we have always run it as a cross participation shoot. So as long as you are a current member of either ABA , AA, or 3DAAA you are eligible to shoot.

I will confirm this with ABA national tomorrow (Wednesday)

- Jamie McJannett
Grange Bowmen President

little arrows

#11 Post by little arrows » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:55 pm

thanks Jamie that would be great.

sue

seliora

#12 Post by seliora » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:32 am

ABA have confirmed to to be a Cross Participation Shoot :) It will be updated on their facebook page, we will also update our website, facebook page, and Branch Facebook page.

little arrows

#13 Post by little arrows » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:35 pm

that's great Jamie. Thanks for letting everyone know.

sue