Hinterland Trad shoot 22 / 23 Aug 2015

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

The Hunt

Re: Hinterland Trad shoot 22 / 23 Aug 2015

#61 Post by The Hunt » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:58 pm

A big thanks to the 64 shooters and their families that joined us at Hinterland Field Archers not sure what kept away the other 30 odd of you :wink: lol but you missed out on a great weekend. Shrek you put it on the line every year for Tradders and I know what you went through to make this comp possible. Thanks on behalf of those of us that love shooting trad for keeping this on the calendar.

Gringa Bows

#62 Post by Gringa Bows » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:01 pm

Great stuff....glad you all had a great time

bigbob

#63 Post by bigbob » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:26 am

Great to hear and another good one devised by Shrek and his few willing workers! Missed not being there1
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

perry

#64 Post by perry » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:25 am

G/Day Folks, just Home from the Hinterland Club. I was surprised when I arrived about 8.30am Friday that I was the first Camper to arrive. it didn't take long for the others to Rock Up.

I didn't shoot but spent the Weekend catching up with Mates and Teaching Taymon and Peter how to make a Selfbow. The Lads used American Red Oak I bought from Masters and Gary P kindly cut into Staves for me. Neither of them finished their Bows but Peter got his Braced. He chose to work cautiously and was thoughtful throughout the Weekend. If Taymon did not have to leave early on Sunday he would have got his Braced also. Time was his enemy with Uni Stuff causing Him to arrive late and leave early. You where both a Pleasure to Teach. We will hook up with again soon and we'll finish the Bows in a few Hours. Then the real WORK can begin, making Arrows !!!

The Hinterland Crew put on a Top Shoot. I didn't see the Ranges but heard many positive comments and lots Laughing along the way. Its not just the Ranges that make for a top Shoot. The Hinterland Members that Staffed the Canteen and Prepared the Tucker put in an equally grand effort. Walking around to the various Fires and Camps and Catching up and Talking Trad are always highlights also. I especially enjoyed watching and listening to Peter and Taymon playing their Guitars and Singing. There was other young Folks that joined in Writing a bit of a Rude Song - Good on Yah's, move over Kevin Bloody Wilson :lol:

Lastly Cleve, Crikey Mate you ran yourself off your Feet. Thanks Mate I appreciate everything you did for us all. Top Raffle Prizes too - that little Spotlight I Won will prove very handy.

Thanks again to the Hinterland Club, look forward to next Year. See everyone at Warwick

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Zan

#65 Post by Zan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:37 pm

Thank you Hinterland for a great shoot. Gladdy Traddies had a fantastic time, loved the terrain and the courses. We are certainly envious of the mossy, dense foliage - challenging to shoot in & for some of us a tad slippery! (only ended **** up once) :oops:

The swag got wet on Friday night & a few light showers on Saturday but that only added to the Hinterland experience.

We will be back next year for sure! :Tent :auto-camptrailer: Camping7

Thanks Shrek, Ladies & all involved- top shoot. :Bow

Zan

Ronster

#66 Post by Ronster » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:12 pm

You have done it again, thanks Shrek and the Hinterland team for a great weekend.

Your jungle terrain is heaven and great exercise.

Thanks Tom, Josh and Kate for the great company and laughs including the Allan and Steve interpretations. :character-cookiemonster:

Ronster
I would love to be an expert, but experience and lack of knowledge holds me back!

Bows:-
Raven Vanquish 62" TD Recurve 44# @ 28"
Beaver 64" Longbow 41# @ 27"
Bear Montana 64" Longbow 50# @ 28"
Win & Win Winact ILF Riser and Win & Win Pro accent ILF carbon foam limbs 48# @ 28"

Black Hood

#67 Post by Black Hood » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:50 pm

That was a fantastic weekend. Attempted to make a bow with Perry and looking forward to continuing the work (THANK YOU SO MUCH PERRY FOR THE KNOWLEDGE!)

Now to learn how to actually build a fire....

Camping7

-Pete

perry

#68 Post by perry » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:25 am

I'd be more concerned with what you do with that Fire Pete, Cooking lessons first. Next morning even the Magpie didn't want anything to do with the Scraps

We'll get that Bow finished soon Mate

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

temudjin

#69 Post by temudjin » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:14 pm

Another great trad shoot at Hinterland this year - thanks to Shrek and the whole Hinterland team for a cracker weekend.

Great ranges (some very challenging targets), great food and great company all add up to a great weekend.

We departed Hinterland on the Monday and headed to Dubbo for a visit to Western Plains Zoo and then on to Mildura arriving Friday in time for their Trad Shoot and another great weekend.

The drive home via Bendigo to visit family, then to the high country to visit Michael Murphy, then Sydney and then home to Brissie arriving home on Friday all making for a great two week archery road trip with the kids.