PAN PACS GOLD COAST OCT31-NOV2 TRAD PEG

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

little arrows

PAN PACS GOLD COAST OCT31-NOV2 TRAD PEG

#1 Post by little arrows » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi All,

I have only just found out about the Pan Pacs and have been corresponding with Bill Murphy of the Pacific Bowmen club.
Being an ABA event, of course I asked the obvious question, will they have the Trad Peg for those shooting TIMBER ARROWS as it was not listed in their equipment - so the short answer, as per copy of email below - YES THEY WILL.

For registration and general Games enquiries contact: Email: info@mastersgames.com.au OR Phone: 07 5668 9888 - and register as either Barebow Recurve or Longbow Traditional and then send an email to Bill Murphy and let him know whoever you have registered would like to shoot from the Trad Peg. - Bill Murphy Email: pacbowmen@gmail.com or Phone: 0422 492 991

here is a copy of the email correspondence.:
....."If Traditional Archers wish to shoot from the Traditional Peg for the event, they can register as either Longbow "(Finger Release & No Sights)" or "Barebow Recurve (Finger Release & No Sights)" depending on their type of bow and contact myself to let me know that they wish to be placed in the Traditional Peg category"
Then we can alter everything from our end using our score recording software. There will be a note placed on the event web page stating this also."

Seeing as the Trad year is over I thought some may like to shoot here. :smile:

http://mastersgames.com.au/ppmg/sports/archery-field/

cheers
sue

ps - let us all know if you might be thinking of going.. :biggrin:

The Hunt

Re: PAN PACS GOLD COAST OCT31-NOV2 TRAD PEG

#2 Post by The Hunt » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:29 pm

So what's the deal with camping???

little arrows

#3 Post by little arrows » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:32 pm

There is camping on the grounds at Pacific Bowmen, I'll find out a bit more tomorrow. :smile:

cheers
sue

little arrows

#4 Post by little arrows » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:00 am

Well I think camping is the least of the problems. I have just found out how much the shoot fee is and I'll pass.
I think I'll save it for a possible Norfolk Island shoot.

cheers
sue

GrahameA

#5 Post by GrahameA » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:35 am

Hi Sue.
little arrows wrote:Well I think camping is the least of the problems. I have just found out how much the shoot fee is and I'll pass.
:shock: :roll:
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

The Hunt

#6 Post by The Hunt » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:39 pm

little arrows wrote:Well I think camping is the least of the problems. I have just found out how much the shoot fee is and I'll pass.

cheers
sue

Mmmm the shoot fee is over the top! Really 2 fees one to compete in the pan pacs and one to shoot in the comp. No wonder only small numbers rock up for this :sad:

Roadie

#7 Post by Roadie » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:16 pm

The Pan Pac games are very reasonable, check out what you pay for the Alice Springs games, also look at the Australian Masters held at Geelong last year, and the Comp being Held in Adelaide next year. Cheers Roadie.

Roadie

#8 Post by Roadie » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:29 pm

I have just been notified that as of Today there are over 10,000 competitors for 42 sports. To me that is no small number.
Go on Folks, come and Play you will have a HOOT of a time. Cheers Roadie.