Why don't people post photos of shoots anymore?

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Mick Smith

Re: Why don't people post photos of shoots anymore?

#31 Post by Mick Smith » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:19 pm

I think we're all on the same page here.

We're good to discuss anything relating to trad shoots or even trad shoot rules and this has always been the case. We all realise that Ozbow has nothing to do with trad shoot rules and is merely the means by which we communicate our discussion. Ozbow is actively promoting the trad shoot scene for the good of trad archery in general and this should be obvious to all.

To minimise possible future conflicts, it might be in all of our best interests to be more specific when we discuss subjects that can be taken two ways. A prime example of this would have to be the recent 'Traditional Arrow' thread. I believe that this thread would have progressed without any controversy, if it had been specified earlier in the thread, whether the question was relating to Ozbow's criteria as to what is classed as traditional or how it relates to trad shoot rule classifications. The answers can be quite different. Unfortunately, unnecessary confrontations can cause long term harm to the site, as it can inhibit individual members from making posts.

I think it's good that this subject has received an 'airing', as it has been a subject that has been playing on the minds of some members for some time. I also think that it's good that we're able to discuss issues such as this without emotional displays and without inflated egos getting in the way.

Let's move on.
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#32 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:25 pm

Well Grahame some people took it that way and as I have explained above that is in fact not the case. As Mick has said above, time to move on.

Jeff

Roadie

#33 Post by Roadie » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:32 pm

YES Please. Roadie.

GrahameA

#34 Post by GrahameA » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi Mick.
Mick Smith wrote:We're good to discuss anything relating to trad shoots or even trad shoot rules and this has always been the case. ...
It was.
Mick Smith wrote:.. To minimise possible future conflicts, it might be in all of our best interests to be more specific ... ... unnecessary confrontations can cause long term harm to the site, as it can inhibit individual members from making posts.
Mick Smith wrote:I think it's good that this subject has received an 'airing', as it has been a subject that has been playing on the minds of some members for some time. ...
It has shown what one person takes one way does not mean that everyone takes it the same way.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.