A big year of Trad archery

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

The Hunt

A big year of Trad archery

#1 Post by The Hunt » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:57 pm

After only joining both the archery and Trad scene in 2013 Tracey and I had planned to do as many Trad shoots in 2014 as possible.

We kicked off our 2014 season with a trip south to Wisemans Ferry taking our trusty companion dog Ripper along for the ride. we absolutely lived the laid back approach at Wisemans and the very challenging terrain. The hospitality was second to none and it was at this shoot we decided to recommit to the event in 2015. Novelties included clout, poppy jay, speed and challenge round

Our second Trad shoot was Easter at North Albert and it was the anniversary of our very first Trad shoot. north Albert put on a great shoot this year, with so e extra thought put into the ranges and novelties the events of the 2 days flowed very well. It was a great crowd of people who enjoyed warm weather and fun times. au hanks to the team at North Albert novelties included hunt, pig, speed flying discs

The next stop on the 2014 Trad tour was Barambah , we love Barambah the crew out there are just crazy enough that the whole shoot is always a hoot. While cool evenings and mornings the days were great. Barambah are known for their country style meals and their amazing apple crumble novelties include spinning cube, nit my fav think its a but pot luck, running punk pig on skates, clout love that, flu flu Hunt and speed

Following Barambah Caboolture was our next stop, whilst their grounds are small the club all get behind the the trad event. the Caboolture wheelie bow crew seem to live it when the tradders came to town. A dry track and some interesting sets were on offer.Novelties included running pig, steel goat, clout flying discs, pig piñata for kids

Gympie was another feature for us we love the course and the way the event runs so effortlessly. But most of all the chance to shoot African animals is a real treat. Their novelties included running pig, clout, speed and 3 big targets

I was nominated for Lakeside but unfortunately was sick with the flu

Last of all our Home shoot at hinterland by far the wettest of the year! novelties included hunt, speed, rolling disc and running pig. Fun shots castle, horse, funny and poof the flying dragon

So all up 6 Trad shoots and now we are sad things come to a close for the rest of the year in QLD. Looking forward to more comps next year. I love Trad!