DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER.

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER.

#1 Post by greybeard » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:51 pm

Whilst checking documents from 3DAAA for our two day shoot included was the "Photographic Register".

Although I was aware of the existence of this document I was under the impression that it only applied to non competitors wanting to walk the ranges to take some photographs, specifically Traditional shoots sanctioned by 3DAAA.

I thought it prudent to check if competitors had to sign the register and Ron Scott, Tournament Director of 3DAAA confirmed that;

"Anyone attending the event wishing to take photos or video are required to sign the photographic register and copies are to be provided to the club to be passed on to 3DAAA."
Photographic_Register_Ver_1.1.pdf
(100.51 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
To the best of my knowledge it only affects Hinterland, Caboolture and North Albert.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER.

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:10 pm

Typical!!! :roll: :x

Big sporting bodies always seem to want it all AND for nothing. But wait there's more, they accept no responsibility. :roll:

I know what I'd say. :biggrin:

Jeff

Scrub Bull

#3 Post by Scrub Bull » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:24 pm

They are going to have fun when I send 30000 photos to their email address and they all will have TradBits watermark right across them. I don't mind the free advertising if they use them. :biggrin:
Last edited by Scrub Bull on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archery is a simple game, it's the mind that over complicates it.
www.tradbits.com.au

bigbob

#4 Post by bigbob » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Scrub Bull wrote:They are going to have fun when I send 30000 photos to their email address and they all will have TradBits watermark right across them. I don't mind the free advertising if the use them. :biggrin:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:47 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeff

littlejohn59

#6 Post by littlejohn59 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:50 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ron300wm

#7 Post by ron300wm » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:02 pm

Sounds like crap to me :?:

Scrub Bull

#8 Post by Scrub Bull » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:29 pm

In the form it has

4. Although intellectual rights remain with the approved person, they agree to grant 3DAAA a licence for unlimited
use of the material for the promotion of the sport in any manner which 3DAAA sees fit.

It doesn't say I can't charge them for that licence. I reckon $10 a photo by 30000 photos. If they pay that drinks will be on me at the next shoot. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Archery is a simple game, it's the mind that over complicates it.
www.tradbits.com.au

little arrows

#9 Post by little arrows » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:30 pm

:lol: :lol:

I have very vague recollections, didn't we have to tick or sign something at Barambah last year about using photos'.

Hey Daryl, I just noticed the date on the draft calender, or have they changed to the actual Easter 2015 date now?

cheers
sue

GrahameA

#10 Post by GrahameA » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:56 am

Morning All.

Where do I start......

In essence considering it is 3DAAA and the clubs involved it really doesn't overly concern me.

The extremely simple and effective approach to dealing with things that you have issue with is "Vote with Your Feet". i.e. don't take photos, etc., etc. .... or don't go.

For me. The important part is this:

4. Although intellectual rights remain with the approved person, they agree to grant 3DAAA a licence for unlimited use of the material for the promotion of the sport in any manner which 3DAAA sees fit.

So 3DAAA can use photos to promote ..... they cannot use photos for profit.

The other conditions are not onerous and I would suggest that unless you are competing in which case you would not have a camera ... the same as you would not have a Rangefinder ... they will not effect unless you act in a stupid/impolite/inconsiderate manner.

I am reasonably certain I have said before, "You cannot take photos and compete". a) Because taking photos keeps you busy, b) Because you have an unfair advantage. So don't hand a scorecard in if you are shooting. Don't tell people information that you are aware of .... even better just "Shut Up".

Person who are concerned that 3DAAA are being unfair/nasty/whatever should read the the AA Policy. http://assets.imgstg.com/assets/console ... s/1027.pdf

Addenda. Have a read if you are interested in such issues: http://www.archery-forum.com/showthread ... -contracts
Last edited by GrahameA on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

The Hunt

#11 Post by The Hunt » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:43 am

Trad shoots are special events though and as such this like other rules may not apply

GrahameA

#12 Post by GrahameA » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:53 am

Hi Christine.
The Hunt wrote:Trad shoots are special events though and as such this like other rules may not apply
My understanding is the same as Daryl's.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.