IronFest at Lithgow April24, 25, 26 [2014]

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

longbowinfected

IronFest at Lithgow April24, 25, 26 [2014]

#1 Post by longbowinfected » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:28 am

This is not really an archery event but a lot of fun. Many complain that I do not remind them about this event.
My archery club runs a three day come and try at this festival. Google "IronFest 2014" for more details.

Lot of medieval re-enactors; jousting tournament; medieval village; men at arms giving combat demos; last year display of and demonstration of all major Australian raptor bird species; A battle with two opposing Napoleonic armies including musket and cannon fire. Lots of Iron work, Smithy work, artists; etc etc. Good food stalls. Come and see something different. Come and visit Roadie and myself at my club's archery range. We normally let ambos, firies and security/police attending/working there shoot for free. We also let all the re-enactors shoot for free. Anyone selling great food/coffee gets to shoot for free too. On the odd occasion the donut makers kids have a great weekend.

It is not cheap but the building growing crowds give testimony to the fact that it represents good value to many locals and visitors. Treat yourself to a computer free family day.

Kevin
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

Roadie

Re: IronFest at Lithgow April24, 25, 26 [2014]

#2 Post by Roadie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:21 pm

It sure is a Great Festival, looking forward to it. Should be there ,Wed or Thursday, Kev. Cheers Roadie