Leongatha Medieval Society 2014 Royal Hunt event

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

little arrows

Leongatha Medieval Society 2014 Royal Hunt event

#1 Post by little arrows » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Here is the flyer for the Leongatha Medieval Society event being held on Sunday March 30.
It looks like a very interesting event, for those living in Victoria.

cheers
sue
leongatha2014.doc
(234.5 KiB) Downloaded 296 times

little arrows

Re: Leongatha Medieval Society 2014 Royal Hunt event

#2 Post by little arrows » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:11 pm

there are 40 sleeps to go to this interesting event. :smile:

cheers
sue

little arrows

#3 Post by little arrows » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:57 pm

only 25 sleeps to go...

cheers
sue

Silverlady

#4 Post by Silverlady » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:51 am

Thank-you Little Arrows for putting up our event. It is shaping up well and we are throwing in a few qwerky historical targets. We look forward to anyone whom can make it and hope you will enjoy what we have to offer as our annual Trad Shoot.
Cheers, Silverlady.

little arrows

#5 Post by little arrows » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:45 pm

for those in Melbourne, treat yourself to a great day.

only 5 sleeps to go...

All the best for the shoot Silverlady don't forget to let us know how it went.

cheers
sue

Silverlady

#6 Post by Silverlady » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:54 pm

Important Notice: 3D Royal Hunt Postponed for LMS Event, 2014.

Please Print this off for club notice boards and forward to club members please.

Hello Everyone,

I am writing to notify you that we have had to postpone the 2014 LMS 3D Royal Hunt to be held at Coal Creek, Korumburra.

We were informed yesterday afternoon that there had been a double booking and that we could no longer utilise the space we had planned out for the 3D Royal Hunt. I have been to the site this morning and can not rectify the situation by means of laying the course out in another area.

So I regret to inform anyone that was planning on attending that the event will no longer be held on this coming weekend, 30th March, 2014.

I apologise to anyone whom this causes an inconvenience to and can only hope that it does not deter archers from attending this event now to be held later in the year.

We, at LMS, are disappointed for our selves and for the those Trad Archers that were looking forward to a fun day out. The staff at Coal Creek are also apologetic and have acknowledged the point of human error. In turn they have been supportive and helpful to allow us to re-schedule this event later in the year. (Details to come.)

If anyone has a concern with this postponement, please direct it to the leongathamedievalsociety@gmail.com with attention to Barb Gray.

On a brighter note, we will now proceed with what is our usual LMS Monthly Kings Round + Novelty Shoot in the afternoon of the 30th March, 2014 and you are welcome to join us. (Bow and arrow regulations as per Trad/Historical only). We Muster at 12:45pm for a 1pm start, finish at 3:30pm. Please contact Robert for further details, Ph:0434360899

From Barb Gray.

and on the 4th night to go there were tears! lots of them............

Roadie

#7 Post by Roadie » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:20 pm

Dam & xyz, I was coming down for that, OH Well, have to see if I'm in the state or on the Road when you reorganise the shoot. JUST make sure it's NOT the last weekend of August 2014. Cheers Roadie.

morganp

#8 Post by morganp » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:47 am

B****R and other very loud and colourful comments, just organised my first ever road trip and was just about to set off and checked in here first! I saved for weeks and spent many dollars to buy all the camping gear etc. and arrange things! I was really looking forward to this after wanting to join in for 50 years and never getting around to it until completely retired .... oh well, not your fault and the gear will all be put to good use elsewhere, sometime. Good luck.

Mick Smith

#9 Post by Mick Smith » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:07 am

I'm sure the shoot will be organised again to happen in the near future.

Actually, I'm not fussed about the postponement at all. I was unable to attend the shoot today, as I'm currently away on holidays, so hopefully, the next date will be one that suits. :smile:
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Silverlady

#10 Post by Silverlady » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:20 pm

Hey Guys,

the low down on what took place on Sunday is this. We bumped in at 12pm, scurried like little beavers to get set up and had the delight of welcoming a group of archers from Yarra Valley Archery. We shot Kings Round and then loosed some flu-flus at 40 -50mt golf buckets. For our guests that had not done this I think we sowed a seed of keen interest in the activity.
We then proceeded to loose some arrows at 3D animals sprawled on the field. Fun was had by all and Yarra Valley Archers presented forth some good hunters.
Then the all important moment occurred where the monthly award of Lindt extra creamy choccy was awarded to archer of the day. This went to Ian (president of YVA). It was not only well awarded for his score but an honourable feet to be the first out of club (LMS) archer to bag it away in 9 years of monthly awards.

So from here LMS Committee will nut out another date for later in the year and hope that those of you that were wanting to attend will be able to.

Cheers, Silverlady.

PS. Roadie & Mick: Lovely to know you attempted and wanted to attend. We will endeavour to fulfil this event later in the year.

MorganP: I am so sorry that you were all geared up....literally with lots of new gear...to attend. Not sure what area you are from but please look at the Trad calendar on this site, supported by Little Arrows, to re-focus on where your next opportunity for adventure lies to attend such an event. Even if you spend your budget at several other Trad shoots throughout the year and can not make ours (yet to be confirmed) I would be so happy for you. Trad shoots are great and are at the least, a great day out or few days away with like minded archers whom come together to enjoy loosing arrows whether in seriousness or fun. But always for the love of archery.

morganp

#11 Post by morganp » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:45 pm

Silverlady wrote: MorganP: I am so sorry that you were all geared up....literally with lots of new gear...to attend. Not sure what area you are from but please look at the Trad calendar on this site, supported by Little Arrows, to re-focus on where your next opportunity for adventure lies to attend such an event. Even if you spend your budget at several other Trad shoots throughout the year and can not make ours (yet to be confirmed) I would be so happy for you. Trad shoots are great and are at the least, a great day out or few days away with like minded archers whom come together to enjoy loosing arrows whether in seriousness or fun. But always for the love of archery.
Sorry it seemed like I was whinging but I was, lol. Bad day, not at all your fault. I particularly wanted to attend a 'medieval' meet rather than just trad archery as it had been something I have intended to do for many, many years since I saw some friends back in UK all dressed up for re-enactment and I never did get around to it. Hospital next weekend and then a good while laid up so it was the right opportunity, hence my disappointment. Should have kept it to myself, sorry.

Glad you had a great day, will be sure to get down there one day.