Hinterland Trad Shoot 2013

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

MarkG

Re: Hinterland Trad Shoot 2013

#91 Post by MarkG » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:34 pm

And more
Attachments
Troy.jpg
Troy.jpg (187.54 KiB) Viewed 3247 times
Tom.jpg
Tom.jpg (168.28 KiB) Viewed 3247 times
Sue W.jpg
Sue W.jpg (151.68 KiB) Viewed 3247 times
Sue C.jpg
Sue C.jpg (187.63 KiB) Viewed 3247 times

The Hunt

#92 Post by The Hunt » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:39 pm

Some great pics there! Thanks guys another great weekend with a great bunch of people. Big thanks and acknowledgement to Shrek, to the great team in the kitchen , our range setters and working bee crew, Martin on scoring and the whole team who chipped in from the BBQ to the clean up registration to presentation .

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#93 Post by greybeard » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:57 pm

A big thank you to the Hinterland crew for putting on a great weekend.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

mikaluger

#94 Post by mikaluger » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:31 pm

I'm coming up to the goldcoast on our annual holiday this weekend, we come up every year. I think I will come up a week early next year, and bring a couple of my bows. Great pics.

bigbob

#95 Post by bigbob » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:52 am

The work that was done by a handful of people to make it such a success was unreal.All involved deserve great praise, and the work Shrek did on the castle with knights and king along with the infamous horse must have consumed a very big part of his life for some time.Great credit to all involved.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Shrek

#96 Post by Shrek » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:53 pm

We loved having you all there crew.My huge thanks to club mates and friends who pitched in,The Hunt put it so well.There are bent and twisted ideas coming to mind already,have to keep you all laughing. Thanks again to you all. Shrekka and the Hinterland Mob.PS Bargearse the horse,and No Nads the hog said thanks for comin--not.

Ronster

#97 Post by Ronster » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:16 pm

Well done Shrek and the Hinterland club for a great weekend. Sue and I are a little saddle sore, but "WoW" what a good idea. Hats off guy's.

Its on our calender now for every year! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ronster
I would love to be an expert, but experience and lack of knowledge holds me back!

Bows:-
Raven Vanquish 62" TD Recurve 44# @ 28"
Beaver 64" Longbow 41# @ 27"
Bear Montana 64" Longbow 50# @ 28"
Win & Win Winact ILF Riser and Win & Win Pro accent ILF carbon foam limbs 48# @ 28"

little arrows

#98 Post by little arrows » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:56 pm

There are a lot of newcomers to Trad in the Hinterland club, so they had a separate award for those who have only started in the trad scene and are using carbons, with the proviso once they have done a comp with carbons the first year, must use timber arrows for future comps which is a brilliant idea, and was also quite well received.
Top marks for innovation Hinterland Club.

Thanks for the photos MarkG you definitely captured the "moments". :lol: Can't believe with all my laughing I did actually get 4 shots away.

cheers
sue

sina55

#99 Post by sina55 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 am

Hi all,
Just like to say a big thank you to Shrek and all the Hinterland crew for putting on a fantastic shoot. It was well worth the eight thousand kilometer round trip. Thanks to everyone for making us feel so welcome especially to the people in our shoot group.
Loved taking part in a Trad only shoot unfortunately for us to enjoy this type of archery we have to travel so far. At present there are no shoots in WA that are as much fun as this shoot was.
We will definately try to return to Hinterland and hopefully attend some of the other Trad shoots.
Gary and I will just have to do lots of overtime and get second jobs to fund our travel expenses.
Thanks again to one an all. :smile:
Gary and Jo

bigbob

#100 Post by bigbob » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:55 pm

It was a pleasure to meet you both and have a bit of a yarn. Certainly keen to travel so far, but it seems you had a good time which is what its all about.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

little arrows

#101 Post by little arrows » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Hi Gary and Jo,

The weather is great in Qld, you could have a fantastic garden, we don't have any water shortage issues, there are 8 Trad tournaments just in this state and their are some very elite restaurants on the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast for employment :biggrin: ...... shall I be quite now. :lol:

Pleased you have arrived home safely, and just think you wouldn't have to travel too far at all if you were over here.... :biggrin: it was great to see you guys again, and glad you enjoyed yourselves too. :biggrin:

Until next time. Take Care. :smile:

cheers
sue

Shrek

#102 Post by Shrek » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Yes Gary and Joe it was great to have you with us,and as Sue just said emigrate.You may have to go via Indonesia that seems to be the quickest rout lately!