TRADITIONAL ARCHERY GET-TOGETHER - rescheduled OCTOBER 2013

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Trad Bound

Re: TRADITIONAL ARCHERY GET-TOGETHER - rescheduled OCTOBER

#91 Post by Trad Bound » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:27 am

Got home safely this morning, ditto to what has been said particularily to Rob,Di and Les and Hawksbury crew thanks again for a good shoot and welcome.
To John McDonald(Mr Nice Guy) thank you for that which you do for all of our events, the Trad scene is in your debt, I know you shy away from it but thank you from all of us.
This weekend was full of good times, good shooting and good people, many I had met but it was good to meet more of the faces of Ozbow and Trad. Many a good yarn was spun.

To the people who the fires have effected in whatever way my thoughts are with you.
There were those, as stated, who needed to be at home, with love ones, there were those that came and were not sure what is awaiting them when they return. There were many who left promptly on completion of the event, who need to make their way safely home.
Red Kev, Stringnstik and I got caught in the fire diversions on the way up we went Melbourne Sydney via Wollongong and then left to make our way back to more "reliable" weather of Melbourne. Take good care New South Welshmen it looks like a bad season has arrived.
TonyJ

hazard

#92 Post by hazard » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:08 pm

There were a lot of Intestate and Local helpers and I thank them for the quality of their company, humor an service.

Rob & Dianne pour their heart and souls into this event, and what a turn out!!
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

Scrub Bull

#93 Post by Scrub Bull » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Got home this morning after driving most of the night, early to bed tonight.
Thanks for a great shoot Rob & Dianne. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
How many more sleeps til the next shoot a Wisemans?
Archery is a simple game, it's the mind that over complicates it.
www.tradbits.com.au

jcm

#94 Post by jcm » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:50 pm

Mark,
Good to see you in form.
A few sleeps plus some more till the next one.
March
See you there
Regards

John

bigbob

#95 Post by bigbob » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:27 pm

John a hearty thanks for all that you provided for the shoot. What would trad archers do without you?
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

little arrows

#96 Post by little arrows » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Brilliant Shoot once again. There were 11 people travelled down from Qld (9 Archers) - 8 Archers travelled up from Victoria - 2 Archers flew in from W.A plus Dieter and Thomas who travelled all the way from Germany. Dieter also keeps up to date with all the Trad shoots through ozbow.
The Pub dinner Thursday night seems to be coming a ritual. Many and varied novelties, 2 X 15 target Field Courses with 3 pegs per target to be shot. The Target Round, The Clout, The Popinjay, running pigs, rolling discs, 2 timed speed rounds.
Beautiful views of the Hawkesbury River from the top of the Challenge Round. Many friends remet and made. Great to now have faces to go with ozbow names. The family is growing.
Well done and Thank You to Rob for all the work he put into the courses and the Top Chook and Old Boiler in the kitchen.

Will put up some photo's tomorrow and also "confirm awaiting 3DAAA" 22nd/23rd March 2014 shoot dates, which makes 213 sleeps to go. :biggrin:

cheers
sue
Last edited by little arrows on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Turner

#97 Post by Ian Turner » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi all this was my first Trad get together, competition weekend and may IO say what a great time I had and I had the pleasure of shooting my round with a great group of guys and Nathan good shooting and congrats.
And yes finally met Roadie and mate I hope you and Michael make it home safely and same to Mal and Huss.
Michael I will be putting that arrow of yours that I Robin Hooded on my wall!!
Cheers to all and hope you all fare well with the bushfires.
Cheers
Ian

little arrows

#98 Post by little arrows » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:36 pm

It was great to meet you Ian and I would also like to say g'day to one of ozbows newest members "thebigtwist" who was also at Wisemans shoot.

cheers

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#99 Post by greybeard » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:24 am

Thank you to Robert, Diane and their willing band of helpers who made the shoot a success.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

Roadie

#100 Post by Roadie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:24 pm

1700hrs, Home, Left in Smoke / Haze, passed thru some of the damaged areas which had held up Tradbound and his crew on the Thursday. Arrived home at the Tail End of a Hail Storm, and Rain. Hopefully the Bathurst Area my get some Rain soon. Hopefully when we get some Dates for 2014 Shoot we can make it again.
Thanks to Rob & Dianne and Crew for a wonderful Shoot. Cheers Roadie.

bigbob

#101 Post by bigbob » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:09 pm

Glad to hear you got home safely Roadie, and it was great to catch up with you again. Thanks for the bottle of vino too. It will go down well in a few weeks when my system was digested all the chateau cardboard I consumed there! :lol: See you in the new year somewhere.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

longbowinfected

#102 Post by longbowinfected » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:12 pm

We are packing two cars and getting out tomorrow. Will be off the air for a while.
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

Trad Bound

#103 Post by Trad Bound » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Good luck Longbowinfected take care, stay safe.
TonyJ

little arrows

#104 Post by little arrows » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:28 pm

As Tony said, keep safe Kevin and family, our thoughts are with you.

sue and steve

Ian Turner

#105 Post by Ian Turner » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi Sue,
Likewise it was really great to meet up with you and Steve and have a chat and congrats Steve.
Cheers
Ian
PS Steve both you and Mark must be camera shy both had your eyes close in the pics!
Cheers

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#106 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:51 pm

longbowinfected wrote:We are packing two cars and getting out tomorrow. Will be off the air for a while.
I hope all goes well mate.

Jeff

jcm

#107 Post by jcm » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Kevin,
To you and your clan keep safe.
Regards

John

sina55

#108 Post by sina55 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Just like to say a big thank you to all the people at the Wisemans Ferry shoot. It was only our second trad shoot and every bit as good as our first ( Hinterland) we had an absolutely fabulous time.
While we where ther some people told us we where crazy to travel so far for an archery event. For us as well as a lot of other people it is no small thing in time or money to attend these shoots. However what price can you put on frendship, comaraderie, acheving you goals and the felling of belonging that is prevalent at these shoots. Once again to all the organisers, helpers, shooters and non shooters thank you for making a couple of Sandgropers feel so at home and part of the family. To Robert and Diana a special thank you. Your kindness and generosity will not be forgotten.

Cheers Jo and Gary

Robert

#109 Post by Robert » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14 pm

What a great time we all had together again this year. We had NSW Archers and Archers from the south, the north as well as the west this year - Jo & Gary and last but not least, 2 international Archers from Germany, Dieter & Thomas. It was great to see you all. A downer for the weekend was that many archers couldn't make the weekend because they were under threat from fires, but we hope you & your loved ones are safe. Attached is a pdf file of most of the scores. The best all round score was Ken Hutchinson. Ken was also best at the novelties and the challenge round - King of the Mountain 2013. Best at field was Steve Wallace. Best at target & clout was Andy Firth. The best of the 6 men shoot-off was Nathan Rodwell. Best of 6 women shoot-off was Sue Wallace. Congratulation to you all.

Thanks to everyone who pitched in to help. The tournament could not have been the success it was without you....you know who you are. A special thank you has to go to Les Simpson and Nergle aka The Top Chook, &/or Nana Nergle from Nanango (it helps to have been drinking to pronounce it).

Hope to see you all again 22nd-23rd March next year.

Ps...string&stick...the photos are fantastic! They are worth more than a thousand words.
Attachments
results 2013.pdf
(28.28 KiB) Downloaded 197 times

stringnstik

#110 Post by stringnstik » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:08 am

No worries Rob, Once I have converted the RAW and fitted them onto a DVD Ill post you one off.

Also looks like my photos are a better shot than my arrows..as I dont even seem to appear on the results card :)

Probably a good thing :)
"I am the arrow..the arrow is me...together as one...I fly to thee"
"the stick maybe crooked and the string hath no form,
then married by bowyer, transforms when first drawn"
"twang....thud"

longbowinfected

#111 Post by longbowinfected » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Back home. It all starts again. Fires getting closer. Probably leave the cars packed for a few weeks.

Kev
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.