No start so far for Gladstone Bowhunters Club 2013

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Nutgrass

No start so far for Gladstone Bowhunters Club 2013

#1 Post by Nutgrass » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:00 pm

Just a heads up to anyone who may have missed it or cares.

The Gladstone Bowhunters club has not been able to start our year as planned due to the floods. It is possible that it may still be 4 plus weeks before we can access our grounds to asses what damage we have sustained let along start preparing the grounds & club to shoot again.

We (The committee) are in talks to organize a make shift meeting in the coming weeks in Gladstone to address any concerns members are having & to hear any ideas people may have.

While I have your attention, At this stage it does appear that the Annual longbow & Recurve muster may not go ahead this year. Normally we would be in full swing in our range preparations at this point, but we have not even been able to access our grounds this year. Although this decision is not final & has to put to a meeting before it is official. As the president though I can tell you it's not looking good.

Like I said, we have not been able to access the club to look for damage, so we are completely in the dark as to what condition our grounds & club house are in.
The dam is on the rise again & the Gladstone water board have allot of concerns before they let anyone in, even for us to just access damage.

I will endevour to keep you all posted on when the meeting is going to be if you like, or friend us on Facebook Gladstone Bowhunters for regular updates.
RABBITS (karen) wrote:NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him.
Shooters get to 50m to shoot, but only a hunter gets inside 20m to hunt.

little arrows

Re: No start so far for Gladstone Bowhunters Club 2013

#2 Post by little arrows » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:05 pm

thanks for the heads up Nutgrass, this year has definately been a soggy one, that started off so dry.....oh well, it happens.
Let us know how things go and get Rod into practice for backswards counting.....

take care

cheers
sue

Roadie

#3 Post by Roadie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:38 pm

This is not Good news Garry, looks like I may have to re arrange my schedule. You can always come to our shoot here in Mildura in Aug/Sept. Cheers Roadie.

bigbob

#4 Post by bigbob » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:39 pm

Jeez Nutty hope it gets better for you lot soon.Not good at all.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Gringa Bows

#5 Post by Gringa Bows » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:05 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

dan76

#6 Post by dan76 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:06 pm

I hope you can do the shoot this year mate, as i for one will miss not going to Gladstone. I just hope the damage isn't to bad and you can work around it or repair it. And just remember mate don't be afraid to ask for help.

Dan

Outbackdad
Site Admin

#7 Post by Outbackdad » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:53 pm

This is not good! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nutgrass

#8 Post by Nutgrass » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:13 pm

We are proposing a meeting for The afternoon of Saturday the 23rd of March. We are just wondering if this will suit most people at this stage, we really need as many members as possible to attend to help forge a plan for the club this year.
Please reply on the Gladstone Bowhunters page on Face book above please ^^^^

This year is going to be a challenging year for the Gladstone Bowhunters club, we are going to be relying on all our members to pull together & help get our club back up to standard.
At this stage the Gladstone water board are still denying us access to the site, so the club remains closed until further notice.

We once again thank you for your co-operation & we look forward to seeing you all at the meeting to discuss all avenues of recovery.

Yours Sincerely
Gary.
RABBITS (karen) wrote:NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him.

Roadie

#9 Post by Roadie » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:54 pm

This is not looking Good Garry, Hope things Pick up real soon for you All. Sorry can't make Qld this year. NSW & Vic this year. Daughter turns 40 this year, same time as Gympie Shoot, The deisions and sacrafices one has to make. All the best with your Clubs recovery. Cheers Roadie.

rodlonq

#10 Post by rodlonq » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:07 am

I hope it dries out for you (and everyone else in your region) Gary.

Cheers........ Rod

Nutgrass

#11 Post by Nutgrass » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Ok guys & girls, a few updates on what is going on.
There will be a meeting at 2pm this Saturday the 23rd of March. At the Rocky Glen beer garden.
All though the dam & recreational areas may have been reopened to the public, the Gladstone Bowhunters Club is still closed until further notice.
The road past the boat ramp is still badly eroded & the water board are doing their best to have it repaired. They can't give us any fixed time, but they are saying possibly another couple of weeks.
I will be in contact with them tomorrow & hopefully be organizing for the committee to gain access through the new gate on Saturday morning so we can assess the club for damage. Hopefully if this goes to plan we will be armed with all the relevant information at the meeting of how the grounds are & what needs to be done.

Please get the word around about the meeting, we need as many people as possible to attend the meeting as we are going to need everyone to help out with getting the grounds back up to scratch.

Thank you again for your patience, I know it's frustrating & painful, but there is nothing we can do. We are at the mercy of the water board & until such time as they say we can have access, we are closed.

Once again thank you for your patience & understanding in these difficult times.
See you at the meeting on Saturday.
Gary.

Nutgrass

#12 Post by Nutgrass » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:34 pm

The news isn't good, the Australian Longbow & recurve muster is officially cancelled for 2013 :cry:
Due to the floods earlier in the year, we are still not allowed back into our club grounds with a possible 3-6 month time frame before we can regain permanent access, it is just impossible for the event to go ahead this year :sad: It is sad, As you can imagine, we are devastated, the desission hasn't been made lightly.
With the bad news over & done with, one with some good news !

We will be back !

Plans are already in place for 2014. It's going to be back, BIGGER & BETTER with a whole new format. We have 14 months of planning & it has started already.

I can tell you that THE AUSTRALIAN LONGBOW & RECURVE MUSTER will be held on the traditional June long weekend (Queens birthday 7th,8th & 9th June) 2014.

Stay tuned we will keep you updated & maybe a few hints as what to expect ! I'm excited about the prospect of what is going to be in 2014 !

We thank you for your valued support & we look forward to seeing you at the other trad shoots this year !

Nutgrass

#13 Post by Nutgrass » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:49 am

An update !
After lengthy negotiations we have had 2 massive effort working bees from a small dedicated crew over the last 2 weekends.
The Gladstone bowhunters club will officially open for our first shoot of 2013 this Sunday the 9th June 2013.
We will be having a camp over Saturday night to celebrate & shoot a few arrows all weekend.
If anyone wants to join us they are more than welcome, the bar will be stocked, but byo food.
New rules mean the gate has to be locked permanently to stop general public access because of the road. To gain access there will be someone manning the gate between 8 & 9am on Sunday. Or please bring your mobile & ring the number on our new sign on the gate to gain entry.

Looking forward to our first shoot for the year, still a long way to go, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

splashy

#14 Post by splashy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:06 am

Awesome - good effort. Well done
who? me?

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#15 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:35 am

Great to hear mate. About time the bureaucrats got things sorted and let you have access again.

Jeff

little arrows

#16 Post by little arrows » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Hey Nutty, that's great news. Hope you have a good "little" shoot.
Sorry we can't join you, call me a big girl, just a bit tooooo far for a day shoot. :lol:

cheers
sue