Longbows at the grange

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

bluntarrow

Longbows at the grange

#1 Post by bluntarrow » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:10 pm

longbows at the grange this sunday 7th october,Dick coates memorial shoot,nominations 9am,shoot 9.30 3 arrow round, short break 1 arrow round. aba shoot,3daaa welcome bring your longbow any type arrows,should be fun.

Roadie

Re: Longbows at the grange

#2 Post by Roadie » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:22 pm

Where, what state or territory, Is it even in OZ. Cheers Roadie.

little arrows

#3 Post by little arrows » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:26 pm

The Grange Club is in Brisbane Roadie.
Bit far me thinks for you to get back across on your way to Alice Springs...... :lol:

cheers
sue

perry

#4 Post by perry » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:03 pm

Evening Folks, I attended the Dick Coates Shoot today. As it was incorporated with an ABA Club Shoot it was simply a 3 Arrow and 1 Arrow round. There where plenty of Folks shooting today, 2/3rd would have been Shooting Recurves or Flatbows, only 1 Selfbow in attendance and the Rest where Compounds.

It was a friendly Crowd and the Flatbow Shooters enjoyed the gentle Ribbing as being their Day they got to shoot off the Green Peg, the rest of the Crowd off the Red. The Folks in the group that got lumbered with me all shot well but only 2 of them handed in their Scorecards, we where much more intent on Shooting well in between the conversations.

They had a Multiprize draw Raffle and handed out Certificates for the first 3 places in each Division. Dicks Son Andrew, [ gee he looks like his Dad ] gave a nice thankyou to all that attended and handed out the Certicficates, encouaging plenty of ribbing of some Folks along the way

I think the Grange Bowmen, need to advertise a little better but non the less there where quite a few of us down there that are not current members of the Club. As a past member I am down there every 6 or 8 weeks so keep an eye out for this Shoot. Word seemed to spread pretty well. I can not remember it being held other than in early October. They have a shoot called the Huntingdale every August. It was first shot in the early 60's, 1963 I think. Dale March won the first shoot so they all agreed to call it the Hunting- Dale

I had a bloody good Day

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin