Outdoors New Zealand Traditional Archery Challenge

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

erron

#61 Post by erron » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:36 pm

Welcome to Ozbow, Kiwi, and thanks for the pics! :)

It really does look like the most welcoming surroundings to have a shoot in. Let's hope it becomes an even greater event in future years. Well done to all the organizers, participants and winners/losers! This shoot seems to set something of a standard. Great going!

Erron

Kiwikelvin

#62 Post by Kiwikelvin » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:27 am

Hope your Festive Season has gone well. For the latest info on the Rendezvous and the All Bow Classic visit www.nzarchery.com
Don't be in a hurry to get nothing- adopt the pace of nature remember her secret is patience

Basalt

N.Z.Rendezvous

#63 Post by Basalt » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:17 pm

Hi guys and all the best for the New Year. Just wondering how many other Aussies are heading over to N.Z. in three weeks for the Rendezvous ??
Sue, are you and Steve still going, I hope so?? Cashy will be travelling down from Auckland with Linda and me on Friday morning. So who's going over to bat for Oz ???

little arrows

#64 Post by little arrows » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:02 pm

Hi Bill - did ya have a good new year.
Steve, me, Kevin and Daryl "greybeard" - are flying out Sat 22.1.05 bound for Hamilton. We'll be tripping around a little bit but will be at the course Friday 28.1.05 morningtea/lunchtimeish I expect.
Mark (Bart) can't make it now, so that'll give me a chance in the lady's longbow anyway.......hee hee hee
Was talking to Eastcoast archery yesterday and she said a couple from Gladstone had been talking about it, but hadn't heard anymore, but that's ok, those of us going will give 'em a hard time.
she'll be right mate - see you there.
sue

Kiwikelvin

#65 Post by Kiwikelvin » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:21 am

:) Hi Sue Just 5 more sleeps and you can enjoy "Godzone". If you need any help just give me a call 07 533 1484. Evenings is probably best. Same offer goes for anyone else flying in from New Zealands outer islands can't have you country bumpkins wandering around upsetting the local natives can we? Looking forward to putting faces to names and nodoubt you folk are keen to renew some past acquaintances, Won't be there to met you in person, too busy setting up tricky archery targets, so welcometo N.Z. and DON"T forget the bows!
Don't be in a hurry to get nothing- adopt the pace of nature remember her secret is patience

Kiwikelvin

Rendezvous 2005

#66 Post by Kiwikelvin » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:47 am

A very BIG THANK YOU to everyone who made this event the great success it has been. Sorry but the Aussie contingent is going to have to try a little harder if you want to take the Pacific Bowhunting Safari home next year. This years winning Kiwi team will take good care of it in the meantime. Results will be posted on the Rendezvous website www.nzarchery.com. So start practising because your mates have already put your weights up by pledging an even bigger Australian presence at the 2006 Rendezvous and threats of showing us all how one should really shoot a bow. Ask a few folk about the Bunnies, Tree Bears (opossums) and eels that fall over when shot at . Laughing not dead! A fantastic 3 plus days enjoyed by us all.

little arrows

#67 Post by little arrows » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:09 pm

You guys all missed a brilliant shoot. Weather was perfect, the course was very interest, somewhat up up the hill and then down down the other side. They kept telling us they were just hills, but I'm not so sure about that. Novelty events were original, swinging "branches" in front of possums, rotating ducks. Hit the wrong one and it costs ya, but hey all in the name of good fun. The breakfast view was spectacular.
Ever woken up and had deer watching you. They really are magnificent.
Kelvin you did a fantastic job with the targets, and the course layout. Steve and I had a great time and will be back for sure.
Thanks for everything.
Sue
ps. will send the recipe for Ice soon.....hee hee hee.

wolfman jeff

jafa????

#68 Post by wolfman jeff » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:43 am

hey kiwikelvin i am from auckland. a great place. thank god iam not a back country hick. :twisted: :evil: :wink: :D
MAY THE SPIRIT OF THE WOLF BE WITH YOU ALWAYS. WOLFMAN JEFF.

Kiwikelvin

#69 Post by Kiwikelvin » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:22 am

Cub Jeffery, You have my deepest sympathy. DON'T DISPARE it is still possible for you to breakout of your artificial urbane enviroment and join the real world, where the better archers and hunters are to be found. There is also the bonus of nolonger having to suffer the taunt of being termed a J.A.F.A. Hope you solve your problem!

Al Kidner

#70 Post by Al Kidner » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:26 pm

G'day Kelvin,

Hows things looking for 06 mate? We met at the Gladstone Muster and my wife and I plan to comeover for your shoot and later on head down with Cashy to the South Island to annoy some critters with arrows. So thats 3 of us so far mate.

Regards Al Kidner. 8)

Kiwikelvin

#71 Post by Kiwikelvin » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:15 pm

Hi Al, delighted to hear from you and the possibility you will be joining a growing number of your fellow Aussies at the Rendezvous 2006. Stay on the line and details will be posted as they eventuate. Working on a number of fronts to get the best deals we can for all who wish to participate. Confirmed Don Thomas author and grizzley Hunter( with a bow of course) will be with us from the USA and be our guest speaker on the Sunday night. Regards Kelvin

Kiwikelvin

#72 Post by Kiwikelvin » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:12 am

THE OUTDOORS N.Z. RENDEVOUS IS DEAD-------LONG LIVE THE RENDEZVOUS! Many thanks to everyone who made this event the success it was. A special thankyou to Erron for providing Ozbow as the great communication format it is. Little Arrows has started a new thread for the 2006 Rendezvous and all information relative to the 2006 Rendezvous will now be posted there. Thanks again to everyone sooo much of benefit has grown and continues to grow from this meeting of like minds. Looking forward to your input and seeing you end January 2006.